[SOLVED] A question and I don't really know where else to go.

• Hi I’ve been mapping for many years now but this is the first time i’ve really tried to do mapping for Zombie Survival… I am absolutely stumped. I am tryign to make a simple table that can be picked up and used as a barricade. I am using brushes to make them and just group them and making it a Func_physbox. No matter what i do i can’t get the E pickup to work on the table but i can get it working for the normal Prop_physics objects around the map.  Does anyone know how i can get it to work so that the player can pick up my tables and other crap i make in my map?  I’ve been thinking of using Propper but i don’t know if i should go to that extreme length of packing custom models into my maps, it would cause my maps to use more information than i normally would.

yes i have tried googling it…

• Hi I’ve been mapping for many years now but this is the first time i’ve really tried to do mapping for Zombie Survival… I am absolutely stumped. I am tryign to make a simple table that can be picked up and used as a barricade. I am using brushes to make them and just group them and making it a Func_physbox. No matter what i do i can’t get the E pickup to work on the table but i can get it working for the normal Prop_physics objects around the map.  Does anyone know how i can get it to work so that the player can pick up my tables and other crap i make in my map?  I’ve been thinking of using Propper but i don’t know if i should go to that extreme length of packing custom models into my maps, it would cause my maps to use more information than i normally would.

yes i have tried googling it…

• prop_physics tend to be better than func_physbox. The amount of space a custom prop takes up is very small. If you insist on using physboxes though, try lowering its mass.

• @Someone:

prop_physics tend to be better than func_physbox. The amount of space a custom prop takes up is very small. If you insist on using physboxes though, try lowering its mass.

thank ill take a look at it. Propper is broken right now with the Steampipe update so its not much of an option right now.

EDIT: so it seems even lowering the mass to 0.1 doesn’t do anything other than making it super easy to push.

• Are you testing this in the actual zombie survival mod? You can pick up things of heavier mass compared to sandbox. If not then show me what the physbox looks like and it’s properties.

• UNLESS IT DEPENDS ON BRUSH SIZE Set the Prop Data to wooden small-tiny/rocks small-tiny/metal small/etc. This makes it more light and available to pick up. Hope that works!

• @Pufulet:

Are you testing this in the actual zombie survival mod? You can pick up things of heavier mass compared to sandbox. If not then show me what the physbox looks like and it’s properties.

Attached a picture of the setting. Yes im testing it in the Zombie mod.

• Untick those two options and tick “Generate output on +USE”. There isn’t much need at all for prop data from my experience.

• @Pufulet:

Untick those two options and tick “Generate output on +USE”. There isn’t much need at all for prop data from my experience.

Flags: Generate output on +Use  is the only active one

Only modified variables are

PropDate: Wood tiny
    material Type: Wood
    mass scale: .5
    Disable receiving Shadow: yes

No dice.  Im gonna fool around with the Clip tooltexture and see if it will work if i make the thing just one block

Any other suggestions to get this functioning?

Also from the pictures… Yes its an Apple store. I’m creating yet another mall map. the difference with this is that zombies will have control over What areas are lit up, They can also electronically lock doors and seal areas off from the Survivors. Every room has two entrances, every hallway has four. I am trying to add more strategy and flexibility for zombies so its not just a fail Zerg rush

• That’s a big table, try lowering mass scale even more and keep going. Set prop data back to default.

• Iv made the mass scale to .0000000000000000001 and even made a tiny ass block. I dont think Func_physboxes are even able to be picked up. I am probably going to need to use proper.

• I am trying to make a version of proper which can work without reliance on the file system. No luck yet but you might want to try following the steps outlined here:

http://forum.interlopers.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37117

• Send me a vmf of only the table so I can have a go.

• @Pufulet:

Send me a vmf of only the table so I can have a go.

Here is the table in a box.

I’m using Hammer for CS:S with the Zombie Survival FGD files loaded into it. Also a few custom textures.

• Wouldn’t using a 2007 mod work also?

• I got it working myself. func_physbox_multiplayer doesint get picked up by the ZS addon so it doesint actualy think its a prop you can pick up. func_physbox however is compatible

edit: Nevermind… i cant nail them now. i can pick them up but they are heavy so i cant lift them that high but i can rotate em around.

• I turned it into a func_physbox with 1250 health and 0.75 mass. It can be dragged and nailed.
    In order to nail physboxes they must have a set amount of health by the mapper.

• @Pufulet:

I turned it into a func_physbox with 1250 health and 0.75 mass. It can be dragged and nailed.
    In order to nail physboxes they must have a set amount of health by the mapper.

Thats perfect! thank you so much! you have been a great help. I honestly came on here expecting to be totally flamed and trolled asking for help but honestly you proved me wrong. Again thank you so much for your help.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.