Simplified Unban request for TheEvilAssistant

• I realize that I have posted a ban request recently, but some did not understand it, and Atomical requested that another be posted. Admins,
    please take the time to read this ask me any questions you deem necessary.

Your BYOND Key: TheEvilAssistant
    Your IC name: Robust Derpocalypse (most likely, change names sometimes to prevent metagrudging)
    Your job (syndie?): Barman
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): Permaban from NoX Station 13
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: Atomical
    Reason provided: metagaming with oswald mandus
    When you were banned: Last week
    Ban length: permanent
    Why you think you were banned: I did not communicate with my ally enough. This could be easily identified as metagaming.
    Why you should be unbanned: First off, there was no conclusive, definitive evidence that I was indeed metagaming. Secondly, even if I was metagaming, this is my first ban from NoX Station 13. It is a little excessive to ban someone permanantly for metagaming. I want to play on the server again, and I will talk more and assume less in terms of communication with allied players. Thirdly, although our alliance involved the deaths of some players, I never killed without reason. If you want, I will explain them, but I am trying to keep this simple and to the point.

Please Consider
    TheEvilAssistant

There is a lot more I could put, but this is my official unban request. Please don’t start a flame war over it.

• I realize that I have posted a ban request recently, but some did not understand it, and Atomical requested that another be posted. Admins,
    please take the time to read this ask me any questions you deem necessary.

Your BYOND Key: TheEvilAssistant
    Your IC name: Robust Derpocalypse (most likely, change names sometimes to prevent metagrudging)
    Your job (syndie?): Barman
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): Permaban from NoX Station 13
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: Atomical
    Reason provided: metagaming with oswald mandus
    When you were banned: Last week
    Ban length: permanent
    Why you think you were banned: I did not communicate with my ally enough. This could be easily identified as metagaming.
    Why you should be unbanned: First off, there was no conclusive, definitive evidence that I was indeed metagaming. Secondly, even if I was metagaming, this is my first ban from NoX Station 13. It is a little excessive to ban someone permanantly for metagaming. I want to play on the server again, and I will talk more and assume less in terms of communication with allied players. Thirdly, although our alliance involved the deaths of some players, I never killed without reason. If you want, I will explain them, but I am trying to keep this simple and to the point.

Please Consider
    TheEvilAssistant

There is a lot more I could put, but this is my official unban request. Please don’t start a flame war over it.

• The HoP was going to falsely accuse us of killing for no reason, when we actually had a reason.
    This i dont understand are you saying that you killed and gibbed the HoP because he was gonna say you were killing and gibbing others?

• I was trying to avoid going off topic. Atomical marked my ban reason as “metagaming with oswald mandus” and that is what this thread is intending to discuss.

• @RobustGreytide:

I was trying to avoid going off topic. Atomical marked my ban reason as “metagaming with oswald mandus” and that is what this thread is intending to discuss.

If you want, I will explain them
    please explain why you gibbed the HoP because he was GOING to say you gibbed people.

• Me and AtomiCal were watching you for most of the round, murdering/finding dead people and gibbing them with the Chef. You made it undoubtedly clear that you two had out-of game communication, and even if you weren’t murdering half of the station as a non-antag is bad.

We will wait and see what the official admin response is on this, but in my opinion you deserved your ban be it for metagaming or just being an ass.

• The HoP killing was perhaps the only unreasonable killing. Why he knew to come to the bar is beyond me (instead of being at his desk doing his job), but it seemed clear that he wasn’t here for no reason. Don’t think I don’t know what security do on NoX station, bucklecuffing people and beating them to death. And he came to the bar of all places, with an egun. That seemed a little suspicious. Still, metagaming(even if I was) and an unreasonable kill is no grounds for a permaban.

• http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=18534.0
    And go check out this thread. This person emagged two borgs, and caused a rampage that severely depopulated the station. I only killed a couple people unjustly. This person made a complete borg rampage. The thing is, I got banned permanantly, and he got banned for 2 days. While I probably deserve a ban for what happened, a permanent ban is way overkill in comparison to everyone else’s bans for worse offenses.

• Why the fuck is everyone posting these irrelevant replies? If the request doesn’t concern you, then you don’t need to be on here, no matter how much of an idiot/griffer the OP is.

• How many times to people have to be reminded of this…

http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=18591.0

runs away to avoid bananahammer

• Yeah, I hate that. That being said, I will defend myself from other’s irrelevant posts.

• This ban you mentioned was done completely legit by the player himself and only him, discounting the borgs forcefully serving under him. While what he did was dickish and ban-worthy, it still wasn’t so far outside the rules that it needed to be dealt with seriously. You on the other hand were using outside communication with another player to, quote from NoxiousNet’s wiki on SS13 gamerules,

Metagaming is the in-game use of information that doesn’t come from an in-game interaction. Metagaming to achieve goals, spoil the game or otherwise be a nuisance to other players is prohibited without an administrator’s explicit and reasonable permission.

You intentionally used an outside source to team up with another player and essentially remove players from the game permanently. Perhaps if this had been done using In-Game communications the initial punishment wouldn’t be so harsh.

• Still, suspected metagaming is not grounds for a permaban. Like I said, I probably deserve a ban, but a permaban is way overkill. And I did communicate in-game. But everyone conveniently forgets…

• @RobustGreytide:

Still, suspected metagaming is not grounds for a permaban. Like I said, I probably deserve a ban, but a permaban is way overkill. And I did communicate in-game. But everyone conveniently forgets…

Besides the fact as a non-antagonist you were permanently removing people from the game anyways? Using the gibber is literally irriversable through in-game means. The cremator is worse, at least with the gibber you can tell who was killed. However, you were literally stopping people from playing the game whatsoever by doing this.

• @RobustGreytide:

suspected metagaming

Practically admitted metagaming.

@RobustGreytide:

Yet I got banned for something that everyone did, and they didn’t. It is completely unfair.

@Cybershwartz:

Why am I getting banned for Metagaming when other people were doing it as well?

Not to mention you are not even denying it, you are more of claiming that we cant prove it.

• [REDACTED]

• @RobustGreytide:

I see it now. You will never see the unfairty of this ban. So… I will return. But an unban by legal was to be tried, but in the end, that attempt just gets fried, so the illegal way will do, It is really true, I shall return and robust you!

Poetry doesn’t make you any less of a metagamer. Just present your side of the argument instead of “I didn’t do it unban me”.

• I’ve seen you play. You couldn’t robust Ian. Good riddance, another shitstain gone from the proud Noxious community.

• Oh, I won’t be banned for long! And I never robusted Ian.

• Why the fuck did you gib the HoP do you even know how stupid that explanation sounds?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.