Mining

• Hey so mining is more or less useless. Ever since the crates filled with all the smelted ores save bananium got added mining has become useless. Now you will probably just say well theirs only 2 of each and although that’s true go to robotics and you have enough shit to arm half the grey tide with all your zappy guns and bullet guns. When i started playing again after being gone for 3 months due to an admin who didn’t like my joke i decided miner would be a good starter to which i mined my ass off and brought home a good amount of everything. To which i got tazed by an advance egun and told to fuck off.

I for one would like to see those removed or maybe you only start with 1 of each smelted ore (still no bananium cus fuck the clown) so mining has some use or maybe even add things to the meteorite that you mine at. Maybe randomize items that appear at certain parts of it or maybe even add some encounters so maybe you can find xenomorphs or a dead syndie randomly on the meteorite or maybe a little bit away but still on the z-Level. So that’s my idea but who knows maybe just remove mining.

• Hey so mining is more or less useless. Ever since the crates filled with all the smelted ores save bananium got added mining has become useless. Now you will probably just say well theirs only 2 of each and although that’s true go to robotics and you have enough shit to arm half the grey tide with all your zappy guns and bullet guns. When i started playing again after being gone for 3 months due to an admin who didn’t like my joke i decided miner would be a good starter to which i mined my ass off and brought home a good amount of everything. To which i got tazed by an advance egun and told to fuck off.

I for one would like to see those removed or maybe you only start with 1 of each smelted ore (still no bananium cus fuck the clown) so mining has some use or maybe even add things to the meteorite that you mine at. Maybe randomize items that appear at certain parts of it or maybe even add some encounters so maybe you can find xenomorphs or a dead syndie randomly on the meteorite or maybe a little bit away but still on the z-Level. So that’s my idea but who knows maybe just remove mining.

• Mining is not useless at all.
    The combined crates of both departments are about enough for
    1 Gygax
    or
    3 Submachine Guns
    or
    2 Laser Cannons
    or
    2 Bags of Holding

The reason why you can build almost infinite Stun Revolvers is because they only cost 5000 metal which equals 2.5 sheets of metal. So you can just deconstruct chairs, lockers, walls, beds you name it and turn them into a gun.

• More than enough shit for someone to dominate. No scientist or research director is going to arm the entire crew with weapons.

Remove those crates, makes it too easy to make some of the best stuff that should require cross-department coordination.

• They got added because barely anyone goes mining and if you get a good researcher they can make you a nicer tool with that stuff.

• @Kirbyroth:

They got added because barely anyone goes mining and if you get a good researcher they can make you a nicer tool with that stuff.

and giving Robo/R&D those material crates was the final nail in the coffin for Miners really. Only time we ever get Miners now is either the griefers who break into Armory, or the guys who love Alien rounds and go hunting for a Vault with a Facehugger in it.

Remove those material crates. Make Mining actually important again, then maybe people would play it and not grief.

• there only 4 sheets of each total. If there a miner currently I at least see if they want something but never say anything

• With mining you can actually build REAL stuff like a mech who is equipped for dealing with fires and hull breaches so atmos can finally deal with these
    A Durand for the next xenomorph/space carp invasion
    Upgrade Cyborgs with Power Cells that have more than double their usual charge
    And of course actually effort to deconstruct faulty equipment to increase research even higher
    And don’t forget you can use metal and glass to keep the autolathe filled
    Plasma is very welcome for multiple reasons: First xenobiology doesn’t have to breed dark purple slimes and the PACMAN generator runs with it.
    Diamonds and higher are only important for your own mining gear so don’t focus on these too much. Or to give security some really great gear and I think they are the only ones and you miners who should get a bag of holding because these singularities can easily destroy everything and basically security and mining are the only ones who really need to carry a lot… maybe engineering but metal/glass stacks up to 50 units so they are fine.

And don’t forget the poor bartender who wants to mix some drinks with uranium and gold and stuff.

Just be a little bit more demanding as a miner. People are willing to help you because you actually enable them to get the real cool stuff and not to worry about where do I get more from if its spend.
    And of course ask robotics for a Gygax with a clusterbang launcher. Its so much fun to piss people of with it.

• i hate cluster bangs they make anyone without protection blind and death

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.