Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Offer to Update The Map

• Metacide here, I made the MetaStation map that Nox still seems to be running. Lots of changes have been made in recent times, and it really is a lot better for it.

I’d be happy to port the latest version to Nox code if there’s a copy of the codebase floating around somewhere.

More about MetaStation can be found on the wiki page and in the /tg/ thread.

I suggest looking at the changlog on the wiki, between 27-G-II, which I think Nox’s version is based on, and today’s 35B. A lot has been fixed or changed.

Latest Version: MetaStation v35B, as of 07/09/2013

• Metacide here, I made the MetaStation map that Nox still seems to be running. Lots of changes have been made in recent times, and it really is a lot better for it.

I’d be happy to port the latest version to Nox code if there’s a copy of the codebase floating around somewhere.

More about MetaStation can be found on the wiki page and in the /tg/ thread.

I suggest looking at the changlog on the wiki, between 27-G-II, which I think Nox’s version is based on, and today’s 35B. A lot has been fixed or changed.

Latest Version: MetaStation v35B, as of 07/09/2013

• The wiki says that they added:
    Two Shotguns loaded with beanbag shells to the armory.
    A loaded 10mm pistol to the contraband locker in the armory.

Lord only knows that the armory will now be raided by the bartender and everyone who wants to open secure crates and lockers.
    Plus security will probably harass cargo for lethal slugs and “accidentally” put them into their weapons.

Other than that I can’t see any major changes other than fixes and it looks alright to me.

• The AI’s still a bit too vunerable, I know it’s close to security but security don’t really give a shit about the AI. Then again, who actually gives a shit about the AI?

• Supported. No reason not to be running the latest version. There seem to be alot of good bugfixes. It seems like some Rwalls were removed though, which could be bad, considering how much people like to break things on NoX.

A Securitron and Shotguns in Armory? Me likes. Me likes alot.

EDIT: Also, hardsuits for CMO/Atmos but none for HoS/Warden to defend Armory when its being raided from the outside?! Boo.

• Puggula
    I’m intrigued.

• I also see some of the Camera coverage by the AI was fixed, nicely done.

• AI is now fixed but what about the windows and what is this new gun in armory?

• Looks like an Ion Rifle for rouge Silicons and the like.

• The station DESPERATELY needs a rubber ducky in the bathroom.

• @LoneSoldier55:

Lord only knows that the armory will now be raided by the bartender and everyone who wants to open secure crates and lockers.
    Plus security will probably harass cargo for lethal slugs and “accidentally” put them into their weapons.

Which is NOT AT ALL what happens right now.

• The point being that the Shotguns have very high potential to be lethal with the amount of damage that slugs can do. It may be the cause for more wardens that like to hit people with shotguns to see what message appears when they do so.

• Energy Guns are better than Shotguns anyways. I doubt its a big deal.

• @dazbuzz:

Energy Guns are better than Shotguns anyways. I doubt its a big deal.

Taze person with energy gun.
    Switch to shotgun.
    Bang, Pump Pump
    Bang, Pump Pump
    Bang, Pump Pump
    Bang, Pump Pump
    Player seizes up and falls limp, their eyes dead and lifeless.

• Didnt someone say ‘beanbag’ ?

the lethal shells do a lot of damage, but the beanbags don’t really.

You could kill someone faster by punching and kicking them than using bean bags

• The potential is still there.

• @LoneSoldier55:

The potential is still there.

So what. They already have plenty of ways to griff with what they got. If anything, the shotguns will make it easy to tell which shitcurity are idiots.

• Shotguns also can’t go in your backpack and must be slung on your back to be moderately safe from disarming assistants.

• @Swagile:

Shotguns also can’t go in your backpack and must be slung on your back to be moderately safe from disarming assistants.

Oh right we’re not talking about sawoffs with four shots.
    I SUPPOSE.

• Arguing that giving the Warden a shotgun with beanbag shells is OP/open to abuse is totally stupid. Beanbags do relatively small amounts of damage (Just checked, default code is for 10 Force, which is half of a standard Laser Gun. Would compare to a Energy Gun but in my tired state not in the mood to trawl through code.). If the Warden wanted to go loose he would either get himself a Energy Gun, or if set on using the shotgun he would have more luck beating the prisoner’s head in with the stock.

Users

Topics