New Item: Soul Scanner

• http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=18642.0

About the part for changeling surgery cloning shit.

Add a soul scanner, any name you’d like.

Basically you click the body, and after 5-10 of scanning[[Message, "Attempting to locate the spirit or whatever]], it sends a pop up to the player, as an AFK check to see if they’re active. If they click it within 5-10 seconds it sends a signal to the Soul Scanner, stating Soul Resonance, or Spiritual activity is found. It lasts for like a minute, and then it loses signal, needing you to check it again. That process not needing them to be in the body at the time.

Another thing the item can do, is force a ghost back into the body, if they’re active, for cloning and shit. Add a sound similiar to Admin pm sound, but different so you can differentiate which is which. yoloswag

• http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=18642.0

About the part for changeling surgery cloning shit.

Add a soul scanner, any name you’d like.

Basically you click the body, and after 5-10 of scanning[[Message, "Attempting to locate the spirit or whatever]], it sends a pop up to the player, as an AFK check to see if they’re active. If they click it within 5-10 seconds it sends a signal to the Soul Scanner, stating Soul Resonance, or Spiritual activity is found. It lasts for like a minute, and then it loses signal, needing you to check it again. That process not needing them to be in the body at the time.

Another thing the item can do, is force a ghost back into the body, if they’re active, for cloning and shit. Add a sound similiar to Admin pm sound, but different so you can differentiate which is which. yoloswag

• A suggestion that’s finally not terrible. Kudos <3.

• There are times when you just don’t want to be cloned.

• Like when syndicate operatives are invading the medbay?

If something like this is going to be an item please give it to the chaplain as we scientists and doctors don’t believe in something as silly as a soul.

• Just debrain them and put them in a MMI. If they are not AFK, they will be able to reply to you. Then you can go about questioning them about their death or just borg/put them in a new body. Fixing a husk isnt complicated, i do not really see the need for this item. Most of the time its just never done because people are lazy as fuck and would rather run around with a chloral-filled syringe gun than fix people in medbay.

• @dazbuzz:

Just debrain them and put them in a MMI. If they are not AFK, they will be able to reply to you. Then you can go about questioning them about their death or just borg/put them in a new body. Fixing a husk isnt complicated, i do not really see the need for this item. Most of the time its just never done because people are lazy as fuck and would rather run around with a chloral-filled syringe gun than fix people in medbay.

with the amount of bodies that usually pipe up every nox round, debraining about 4-5 people is impractical and you could have spent this time doing better things.

ie: chasing the fuckers causing this massive trail of bodies.

• @Swagile:

with the amount of bodies that usually pipe up every nox round, debraining about 4-5 people is impractical and you could have spent this time doing better things.

ie: becoming part of that trail of bodies.

• @Swagile:

That vigilante attitude is exactly the problem. It doesnt take long for a half decent roboticist to debrain 5 bodies and try each brain in an MMI. But as usual people love to go antag hunting rather than actually doing their job.

• Actually, surgery in NoX, despite what the admins say, is a direct copy of NT’s new surgery, which is more focused for RP. Old surgery was better for NoX. Faster and easier.

• Surgery is fine. If you can find the tools.

• why the fuck do we need that annoying ass drape anyway? oh no, i dont have my curtain, guess i cant take this guys brain out.
    surgery should be revised to be like the old one…all it takes is to remove the time you have to wait between each action and you got yourself a huge problem out of the way

• You can also use a bedsheet. Fun fact.

Also, even if you don’t have the precise tools, you can improvise.

Ex: Scalpel/Shard
    Saw/Hatchet
    Cautery/Welding Tool

Etc.

There is a need for the grunt work as well as the vigilantism. I’m sick of bitches asking for all the work to be streamlined and dumbed down so they get more boom boom action. I didn’t realize this was Call of Nox.

• Yeah. dumbing down game mechanics is not really a way to go.

By the way… why doesn’t medbay just ask for MMI so they can check brains themselves? Also as far as I know inspecting the brain already tells you if its good or bad.

• @Lord:

Surgery is fine. If you can find the tools.

bug cargo to make you more if they ignore you break down the wall and make um yourself

• Just use improvised tools.
    Making an insicion can be done with a Kitchen knife and has about a 35% sucsess rate, a shard has about 25%.
    Cutting the skull can be done with a hatchet
    Clamping bleeders can be done with wirecutters
    Tearing the brain out can be done with a crowbar or spade.

The person is fucking dead anyways, it’s not like messing up is going to kill them again.

• …or we can just add the item

• the improvised surgery list should really be expanded a bit

mouse traps for clamps pls

• @Nernums:

the improvised surgery list should really be expanded a bit

mouse traps for clamps pls

I think for a joke we should add the bike horn as all round surgery tool so the clown can implant banana peels into people
    or can put a rubber ducky in them so they honk whenever they move.

• The problem is not the lack of tools. It is how long it takes to perform the surgery. At the very least make the procedures instantaneous, like it used to be. Now you have to wait some seconds for each to go through and know if you succeeded or not.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.