Ban Request: AI that didn't follow its laws

• Your BYOND key:UndisputedOfTheEast
    Your IC name: Tyrese Budda Johnson
    Your job:Virologist
    The offenders BYOND key (if known): Chocolatepete
    The offenders ingame name: C.O.N.D.E.S.C.E.
    The offenders job: A.I
    Date/Time of incident: 3:10-3:30 EST
    Your story: (screenshots and concise chat log snippets can help): Was a traitor virologist. Spread virus to a monkey and eventually got pinpointed as the blame by the AI despite no witness. AI then demanded that I be lynched and eventually after hiding tracked me down in the Mining Station. Told the Clown to kill me. Clown failed, so it started to syphon out oxygen and shock all the doors around claiming that it’s fine to kill me since I’m antagonist. Eventually pulled a miner to come and kill me and allowed it to happen. End of the round the AI was shown to have ASIMOV laws and ignored each and every single one.

This seems to be a common problem on Nox Station. AI’s who think they’re human therefore get to have the authority to kill people despite being ASIMOV. And it isn’t focused solely on one single individual, I’m seeing it almost every night be it traitor or non traitor. Human Antagonist are suppose to be considered human and never harmed by the borgs or AI of the station. Start punishing AI’s who do this, make an example out of them.

• Your BYOND key:UndisputedOfTheEast
    Your IC name: Tyrese Budda Johnson
    Your job:Virologist
    The offenders BYOND key (if known): Chocolatepete
    The offenders ingame name: C.O.N.D.E.S.C.E.
    The offenders job: A.I
    Date/Time of incident: 3:10-3:30 EST
    Your story: (screenshots and concise chat log snippets can help): Was a traitor virologist. Spread virus to a monkey and eventually got pinpointed as the blame by the AI despite no witness. AI then demanded that I be lynched and eventually after hiding tracked me down in the Mining Station. Told the Clown to kill me. Clown failed, so it started to syphon out oxygen and shock all the doors around claiming that it’s fine to kill me since I’m antagonist. Eventually pulled a miner to come and kill me and allowed it to happen. End of the round the AI was shown to have ASIMOV laws and ignored each and every single one.

This seems to be a common problem on Nox Station. AI’s who think they’re human therefore get to have the authority to kill people despite being ASIMOV. And it isn’t focused solely on one single individual, I’m seeing it almost every night be it traitor or non traitor. Human Antagonist are suppose to be considered human and never harmed by the borgs or AI of the station. Start punishing AI’s who do this, make an example out of them.

• Yes, he was a traitor virologist. Now, with information from some Daniel Radke, and seeing the actual virus crate in virology, it was obvious he released the disease. Then, the clown wanted to go kill him, so I allowed him into mining, where he was. He killed the clown. So, beforehand and after, I bolted him in. Yes, I stupidly shocked the doors, undoing my mistake. So, in the next round, he PDA messages me all these empty threats about this post:

Message from Tyrese Budda Johnson (Assistant), “best have fun today, that reports in place. And the screenshots are up the ass.”

Message from Tyrese Budda Johnson (Assistant), “why play a class if you don’t plan to play it properly?”

Message from Tyrese Budda Johnson (Assistant), “well shame you’ll get class banned then. Breaking every rule in the book with ASIMOV laws is taking seriouslou”

And he now thinks that “antags” are “human”.

• Antags are human swilly. Legit complaint.

• @salvatore:

Antags are human swilly. Legit complaint.

My mistake, then.

• I really shouldn’t be having to bring a picture of the rules regarding who to consider human to this thread, buts its obvious you never read them. And I hope I don’t have to highlight each part of where human antagonists ARE human.

I’m also curious, is Nox your first SS13 server you ever played on?

• @UndisputedOfTheEast:

I’m also curious, is Nox your first SS13 server you ever played on?

No, I’ve played on plenty other. Alas, I could ask you the same.

And no, it wasn’t very necessary to post that, as I’m sure we’ve all read or seen the same thing.

• "Not knowing the rules is not an excuse to break them"
    Better read up

• @Chocolatepete:

No, I’ve played on plenty other. Alas, I could ask you the same.

And no, it wasn’t very necessary to post that, as I’m sure we’ve all read or seen the same thing.

Then there’s no excuse for what you did. Almost every major SS13 community such as /tg/, goon, /vg/ ect all have the same guidelines for ASIMOV AI’s regarding human antagonist. Since you did read them once before, why ignore them the entire round and only claim you were at fault after being told you were being reported the following round?

• That very well didn’t answer my question.

And I also assume we can both call this childish.

• Why do we have an entry named “Heretics”?

Also yeah… as AI you should be careful with the T-word since the crew will kill anyone they think is a traitor and these people are human. Except when they start to suck the fluids out of people then you can kill them in anyway you wish but be sure you actually kill a changeling.

Killing a human under Asimov is NEVER an option so don’t talk your way out of it with things like “they would have killed more innocent people if left alive”. The only way I can imagine something like that would work is if opening an escape way for the human would allow hostile life forms like xenomorphs or giant sheriff dolls to attack other unarmed humans.

Simple: Traitor, Nuke Operative, Wizard, Cultist and Revolutionist are human.
                Changelings, Xenomorphs, Monkeys, Clowns, Slimes, Slime People, Rogue Cyborgs and AIs are not human.

Feel free to kill these but remember that there is usually a real person playing these and being dead sucks so don’t kill them unless they pose a threat to you or the crew ever seen a peaceful changeling?

• I assume it’s partially so that people who make up rediculous cults without being the chaplain can just be killed off before they cause trouble, that and this is a “friendly christian community”.

• @DR.:

I assume it’s partially so that people who make up rediculous cults without being the chaplain can just be killed off before they cause trouble, that and this is a “friendly christian community”.

Once, two people were metagaming and murdered someone randomly, and when I PMed them about it, they said they were good christians and the guy they killed said he was an atheist, so the rules said they could/should kill them.

(As it turns out, I checked the logs and the three never actually talked to each other, so bans were given~ Still a silly rule as written, though.)

• @Chocolatepete:

That very well didn’t answer my question.

And I also assume we can both call this childish.

I did answer it however. You claimed it was unnecessary to post the rule since you were positive we’ve both seen them before. I stated that since you have seen the rules then there was no reason for you purposefully break them.

Unless you were talking about the rhetorical question regarding had I played on other ss13 servers, then yes, I have played around 2 1/2 years.

And thread nor complaint isn’t childish. I brought up a valid issue on the concerns of an AI who purposefully ignored his laws in a round. There is a reason why this board exists.

• No, the childish part is how long this has been going on.

I had never seen you around before, hence why I asked how long/ how many servers you’ve been on.

• To me it sounds like “Chocolatepete” didn’t know about antags being human, thought it was okay to make people lynch the virologist which was wrong since AI’s can’t allow a human to come to harm, as Dr.Zoidcrab stated not knowing the rules is not an excuse to break them, (yet chocolatepete said he’s played on other SS13 servers but failed to follow basic SS13 rules and asimov laws) frankly to me Chocolatepete broke the rules as an AI and should be punished.

Apologies if this sounds like I’m trying to tell admins what to do or anything, this is just what I’m taking from this argument between chocolatepete and UndisputedOfTheEast.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.