Fix eguns and lasers

• start them off with a 7500 power cell and make them use 7.5 more power per shot than before. that way you wont have people having a firepower of 15 eguns and essentially exploiting a broken feature

• start them off with a 7500 power cell and make them use 7.5 more power per shot than before. that way you wont have people having a firepower of 15 eguns and essentially exploiting a broken feature

• @jh2.0:

start them off with a 7500 power cell and make them use 7.5 more power per shot than before. that way you wont have people having a firepower of 15 eguns and essentially exploiting a broken feature

thats an intended feature.

shh

• If you mean to stop people from having virtually infinite shots with guns by replacing the cell with a higher capacity one, then making the standard cell the guns use have 7500 charge (like the borgs have) and increasing the charge cost to 750 would make the high, super and ultra cells have 13, 26 and 40 shots respectively, making it a much less broken and exploitable feature, although the cell the borgs use is a modified basic power cell.
    As it is every energy based gun has this feature, I would suggest removing it from guns like energy crossbows and the wizard’s staffs.

• @Swagile:

thats an intended feature.

shh

Kinda. Nernums said he has nerfed it. not sure how exactly. But he did say in game that it had been nerfed, but the server wasnt updated.

Also increasing the charge on the base Taser/EGun would increase the strain on the APCs in the room when they are being charged. Not a good thing considering Engineering likes to not set up the power half the time.

Honestly, the feature should just be removed, or limited to normal power cells only. Its way too OP. No player should have enough shots to lethal an entire station without a single recharge. That is Deathsquad level shit.

• @DR.:

If you mean to stop people from having virtually infinite shots with guns by replacing the cell with a higher capacity one, then making the standard cell the guns use have 7500 charge (like the borgs have) and increasing the charge cost to 750 would make the high, super and ultra cells have 13, 26 and 40 shots respectively, making it a much less broken and exploitable feature, although the cell the borgs use is a modified basic power cell.
    As it is every energy based gun has this feature, I would suggest removing it from guns like energy crossbows and the wizard’s staffs.

precisely.
    only thing is, i didnt know the exact number of shots a current standard egun has, so i just said make it charge 7.5 more.

yea, it was nice having it at first. but seeing as its completely unfitting to have something so op achieved this easily it clearly not received that much thought in the first place

• On a related note, when you unload a gun you will get an invisible cell in your previously-free hand, which you can drop, through, place inside a container or on top of a table/open locker. It would be nice if you got the cell’s sprite in your hand too.

• @dazbuzz:

Also increasing the charge on the base Taser/EGun would increase the strain on the APCs in the room when they are being charged. Not a good thing considering Engineering likes to not set up the power half the time.

cyborgs use a var-edited version of the same energy cell, if its possible to do this for borgs then it’s possible to do it for guns too.

• I have no idea what that means, but sure.

• pro tip: someone just needs to update and recompile the server, its already been fixed as of nearly two weeks ago.

basically the largest cells in the update that you can use normally are the 1000 cells iirc, aside from a very super secret slime based cell.

so 500, 1000, 300 (potato), and the slime cell

edit: well okay this part isnt fixed yet but thats easy

• some people told me that non standard power cells no longer fit in weapons inside the armory, although i would prefer zoidcrabs fix…now all we need is to nerf water to the ground

• @jh2.0:

some people told me that non standard power cells no longer fit in weapons inside the armory, although i would prefer zoidcrabs fix…now all we need is to nerf water to the ground

To add to this. The server was made Sandbox today for a single round due to so few players being on. I spawned a Pulse Destroyer and took the battery out, turns out that thing has an infinite battery! Anyways, i could not put the damn battery back into the gun, instead i got a message saying it was too big. This also happened with some other laser gun, i forget the name… Mindbreaker? Braincracker? No idea…

No idea if this is the case with the normal Tasers/Eguns, but it is a good change imo(Although that Pulse Destroyer thing might be considered a bug).

Nerf water pls. Too hard to see when you are running down a hallway.

• Mind Flayer is what you’re looking for.

• Yeah that thing.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.