Random Improvements

• Allow putting of surgery tools in medical belt, or make surgical belt for em. - because its better if 1 person has whole set.
    Make it possible to put cigars and cigarettes to mime/clown/wrestling masks, same way as you can put certain items on uniforms. -mostly for aesthetics.
    Using poo as crayon. - why not?
    Give miners access to the cargo/mining shuttle maintenances space bridge thinggy whatever. - they even have button for it in their shuttle.
    Give HoS access to the lethal injections. - Isn’t he supposed to be able to authorize executions anyways?
    1 sec hardsuit in armory.
    Couple generators with few sheets around the station. - As its way too common for engineers to not set up power.

• Allow putting of surgery tools in medical belt, or make surgical belt for em. - because its better if 1 person has whole set.
    Make it possible to put cigars and cigarettes to mime/clown/wrestling masks, same way as you can put certain items on uniforms. -mostly for aesthetics.
    Give miners access to the cargo/mining shuttle maintenances space bridge thinggy whatever. - they even have button for it in their shuttle.
    Give HoS access to the lethal injections. - Isn’t he supposed to be able to authorize executions anyways?
    Couple generators with few sheets around the station. - As its way too common for engineers to not set up power.

• I agree with most of these, some will be useful, and some will be just for fun. But having a surgical belt isn’t really smart, plus all the tools are stolen as soon as the round starts anyways.

• @Pyko:

Allow putting of surgery tools in medical belt, or make surgical belt for em. - because its better if 1 person has whole set.

If engineers don’t set up power do it yourself.

• @LoneSoldier55:

If engineers don’t set up power do it yourself.

How about NOT using every single spare powercell to build stun gloves and actually swapping powercells using screwdriver, multitool and crowbar?

• Swapping cells in an APC is a band aid fix. There are nowhere near enough cells on the station to keep it powered for long. Mostly the trick is used in an emergency situation to power important rooms(like Bridge). Most IDs do not even have the access to unlock an APC cover anyways.

Engineers shouldnt have problems setting up the sing though. It isnt rocket science. Setting up the solars is harder IMO. The main problem with power is that the sing requires a certain degree of maintenance. Usually the engineers get themselves killed, or are AFK.

I agree that Sec should have Hardsuits in the armory. Ive seen so many rounds where an Engineer or miner will just go and rob the entire armory by removing a simple Rwall from space. Its not like the HoS or Warden can watch the armory 24/7. Having Hardsuits close at hand would atleast help them chase the thief.

• I’m not exactly certain why people think solars are hard to set up

its seriously a matter of laying down a cable and hitting the ‘auto’ button on a console

• Because most people do not know how to wire them. Usually every wire tile is a mess of knots, which ruins the power generation.

• @dazbuzz:

Because most people do not know how to wire them. Usually every wire tile is a mess of knots, which ruins the power generation.

The tgstation wiki is very confusing on explaining smooth wire, I learnt it by someone teaching me, and still, it’s a pain running around the station trying to remember the new locations of the solars.

• No one sets up the solars because half the time some faggot has called the shuttle by the time you’ve finished (and im mean you have to go back to the solar smes AFTER they’ve charged for 20 minutes and set them on), or you just end up getting killed by syndies on the most vulnerable spot on the station.

If they started wired but not set it would be fine, as it is its more hassle than setting up the singularity or just not having power at all.

• @DR.:

No one sets up the solars because half the time some faggot has called the shuttle by the time you’ve finished (and im mean you have to go back to the solar smes AFTER they’ve charged for 20 minutes and set them on), or you just end up getting killed by syndies on the most vulnerable spot on the station.

If they started wired but not set it would be fine, as it is its more hassle than setting up the singularity or just not having power at all.

THIS. That way AI can do it too. Please do.

• “Everyone on the station is lazy and won’t set up the solars, so admins and devs please set the solars up for me and then I can yell at the AI to do it for me so I can jack off and stab people in maint.”

No.

• @DR.:

No one sets up the solars because half the time some faggot has called the shuttle by the time you’ve finished (and im mean you have to go back to the solar smes AFTER they’ve charged for 20 minutes and set them on), or you just end up getting killed by syndies on the most vulnerable spot on the station.

Could change the solar SMES to start with some power in them. That way they just need wiring and turning on.

• @LoneSoldier55:

“Everyone on the station is lazy and won’t set up the solars, so admins and devs please set the solars up for me and then I can yell at the AI to do it for me so I can jack off and stab people in maint.”

No.

Well since you enjoy setting up the solars so much why dont you do it

• @DR.:

Well since you enjoy setting up the solars so much why dont you do it

Because I don’t bitch about not having power.

• So from what i can gleam from your one line arguments you dont care about whether power is set up or not or the processes involved but youre against simplifying or removing a job that takes fucking ages to set up and usually ends up as a complete waste of time anyway?

• I prefer the thought of auto-wiring them, since whilst the engineers are setting up the singularity (lol yeah right) the AI can activate the solars. Also,

@LoneSoldier55:

Because I don’t bitch about not having power.

So you don’t care that all of the station goes into a blackout causing more mass murder and breaking in allowing more antags to get their requirements? Also it forces the shuttle to be called as most engineers are dead by this point forcing the round to end abruptly. Saying you don’t bitch about power is pretty stupid in my opinion.

• @CobyB:

I prefer the thought of auto-wiring them, since whilst the engineers are setting up the singularity (lol yeah right) the AI can activate the solars. Also,

So you don’t care that all of the station goes into a blackout causing more mass murder and breaking in allowing more antags to get their requirements? Also it forces the shuttle to be called as most engineers are dead by this point forcing the round to end abruptly. Saying you don’t bitch about power is pretty stupid in my opinion.

It’s not like it’s very hard to break into places WITH power anyways. This just means its usually even harder to sabotage the station’s power net, and usually the heads are all too busy doing something else to call the shuttle anyway.

• @LoneSoldier55:

usually the heads are all too busy doing something else to call the shuttle anyway.

AI can call the shuttle if it feels like the station is not habitable for humans anymore, and may cause harm to humans, breaking law one, plus busy means dead, right?

• IF the AI hasn’t already been lynched by greytide for not opening a door.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.