Made pepperspray a viable option

• before hand it was a really lame disarm, but it should be a good situational weapon now.

if ( eyes_covered && mouth_covered ) //this is of course what happens when you're fully protected
    							victim << "\red Your [safe_thing] protects you from the pepperspray!"
    							return
    						else if ( mouth_covered )	// if only mouth is protected
    							victim << "\red Your [safe_thing] protect you from some of the pepperspray!"
    							victim.eye_blurry = max(M.eye_blurry, 3)
    							victim.eye_blind = max(M.eye_blind, 1) //durrhurr my eyes hurt
    							victim.emote("scream") //you are able to scream instead of coughing since you're not getting it in your mouth, only your eyes
    							victim.Paralyse(3) //was previously set to 1, which made it useless
    							victim.drop_item()
    							return
    						else if ( eyes_covered ) //if only eyes are protected,  Eye cover is still slightly better than mouth cover
    							victim.emote("cough")
    							victim.eye_blurry = max(M.eye_blurry, 1)
    							victim.Paralyse(2) //not stunned for as long as if eyes are uncovered
    							victim.drop_item()
    							M.adjustOxyLoss(6) //this is new, but I like the idea of it probably will bring down the damage at some point for this, but this means that if you get a bunch 
    							return            //of officers spraying one assistant repeatedly, that assistant cough literally choke to death since hes unable to breath
    						else // eye or mouth protection
    							victim.emote("scream")
    							victim.emote("cough")
    							victim << "\red You're sprayed directly in the eyes with pepperspray!"
    							victim.eye_blurry = max(M.eye_blurry, 5)
    							victim.eye_blind = max(M.eye_blind, 2)
    							victim.Paralyse(5) //this was 1, entirely useless, especially considering this is supposed to be getting sprayed while completely unprotected. 
    							M.adjustOxyLoss(6)
    							victim.drop_item()

• before hand it was a really lame disarm, but it should be a good situational weapon now.

if ( eyes_covered && mouth_covered ) //this is of course what happens when you're fully protected
    							victim << "\red Your [safe_thing] protects you from the pepperspray!"
    							return
    						else if ( mouth_covered )	// if only mouth is protected
    							victim.eye_blurry = max(M.eye_blurry, 3)
    							victim.eye_blind = max(M.eye_blind, 1) //durrhurr my eyes hurt
    							victim.emote("scream") //you are able to scream instead of coughing since you're not getting it in your mouth, only your eyes
    							victim.Paralyse(3) //was previously set to 1, which made it useless
    							victim.drop_item()
    							return
    						else if ( eyes_covered ) //if only eyes are protected,  Eye cover is still slightly better than mouth cover
    							victim.emote("cough")
    							victim.eye_blurry = max(M.eye_blurry, 1)
    							victim.Paralyse(2) //not stunned for as long as if eyes are uncovered
    							victim.drop_item()
    							M.adjustOxyLoss(6) //this is new, but I like the idea of it probably will bring down the damage at some point for this, but this means that if you get a bunch 
    							return            //of officers spraying one assistant repeatedly, that assistant cough literally choke to death since hes unable to breath
    						else // eye or mouth protection
    							victim.emote("scream")
    							victim.emote("cough")
    							victim << "\red You're sprayed directly in the eyes with pepperspray!"
    							victim.eye_blurry = max(M.eye_blurry, 5)
    							victim.eye_blind = max(M.eye_blind, 2)
    							victim.Paralyse(5) //this was 1, entirely useless, especially considering this is supposed to be getting sprayed while completely unprotected. 
    							M.adjustOxyLoss(6)
    							victim.drop_item()

• Looks awesome, problem is most sec officers don’t even open their lockers to collect their tazer, stun baton, HUDSunglasses, (The amount of security officers I see come into the brig and get flashed by the portable flashers is unbelieveable) and even the ones that do don’t take the pepperspray. But overall, looks like it’ll actually be useful, and the fact that you can kill someone by spamming the spray at them is cool, though I hope it isn’t abused :S

• the damage is fairly low on it, should be fine.

The reason they don’t usually take the pepper spray is that it was pretty useless, I only ever used it to be a dick to naked people.

• Security needs more equipment lockers, far too many players on the server for just two.

• @Nernums:

the damage is fairly low on it, should be fine.

The reason they don’t usually take the pepper spray is that it was pretty useless, I only ever used it to be a dick to naked people.

Look out here comes the new harmbaton.

why the fuck did it double post when im in the editing window

• I honestly think the station in general needs more equipment for just about everything.
    back on d2 we had atleast twice the available equipment and half the player peak

• Looks good. Also - I don’t think the pepper spray refillers are installed in the sec offices like they were on the previous map. You should re-add them or make liquid caspian easier to get.

• @DR.:

Security needs more equipment lockers, far too many players on the server for just two.

Sec officers forget about the lockers at Customs/Arrivals and the Dept. Security offices, or they’re late to arrive and greyshirts/engineers have swiped them all.

• @Antion:

Sec officers forget about the lockers at Customs/Arrivals and the Dept. Security offices, or they’re late to arrive and greyshirts/engineers have swiped them all.

thats a good point, but pulls together a different problem

There is, at current, more security equipment outside of security, than there is inside of security.

Hell, maybe a good fix to the issue would be making shitcurity officers spawn with a security hud, a taser, a baton, and a belt full of cuffs.
    I dunno, its generally assumed security officers would have atleast one pair of currs and the rest of that.

• @Nernums:

making shitcurity officers spawn with a security hud, a taser, a baton, and a belt full of cuffs.

Oh my god. Yes. Just yes.  :happy:

• Casually pepperspray everything cop, ho!
    Will be fun especially since I know a ghetto way to get to pepperspray very easily

• I quite like pepperspray, glad its actually useable now. Still would like some pepperspray grenades.

• @dazbuzz:

I quite like pepperspray, glad its actually useable now. Still would like some pepperspray grenades.

It’s called a flashbang.

• I dont want Flashbangs. I want to throw a grenade into a room, and watch people fall to the floor screaming, teary eyed, after being engulfed in a cloud of pepperspray gas.

Flashbangs are kinda lame.

• Damn, this Nernums guy is awesome.

• @Vanellope:

Will be fun especially since I know a ghetto way to get to pepperspray very easily

Orange Slimes anyone?

• @LoneSoldier55:

It’s called a flashbang.

Actually they’re called teargas grenades.
    @SirMichael:

Orange Slimes anyone?

Or just grow peppers in the botanics room

• Find liquid Caspian and fill two beakers with it, then add them to a grenade assembly of your choice and secure it.

Problem solved.

• Such a hassle to get the stuff. Having ready made grenades in a Riot Gear crate would be best.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.