Floor tiles

• Opposed to nerfing them without saying anything, since they’ve always been positively rediculous, heres a thread.

The current stats of floor tiles

force 6, pretty low here, but nobody smacks anyone with these anyways.
    throwing damage 15, which is higher than the vast majority of items
    max stack size 60, meaning that you can carry 60 of these in one hand
    throw speed 5, hits pretty much instant, someone tried to go on about how easy they are to dodge, but if you’re not half retarded its pretty easy to aim them so you always hit
    throw range 20, you can only see 7 or 8 tiles from yourself, so this is effectually nearly 3 times what you can see.

Now, what I want to do, will probably look something like this

force 9 - Little buff here, its a heavy chunk of steel with an edge, above crowbar(7) below fire-extinguisher(10)
    throwing damage 9 - considering that its stackable, you could argue it should be lower, but 15 is far too high
    max stack size 60
    throw speed 1 (even 2 is nearly instant, and 1 is still quite fast)
    throw range 20

• Opposed to nerfing them without saying anything, since they’ve always been positively rediculous, heres a thread.

throw speed 5, hits pretty much instant, someone tried to go on about how easy they are to dodge, but if you’re not half retarded its pretty easy to aim them so you always hit
    throw range 20, you can only see 7 or 8 tiles from yourself, so this is effectually nearly 3 times what you can see.

force 9 - Little buff here, its a heavy chunk of steel with an edge, above crowbar(7) below fire-extinguisher(10)
    throwing damage 9 - considering that its stackable, you could argue it should be lower, but 15 is far too high
    max stack size 60
    throw range 20

• @Nernums:

Opposed to nerfing them without saying anything, since they’ve always been positively rediculous, heres a thread.

max stack size 60
    throw range 20

sounds like a good nerf.

though makes me sad that my only other defence against xeno’s is being nerfed.

• While you’re at it, can you look at water slips? You go down for way to long for something that can be spread with just about any container and obtained almost anywhere.

• Floor tiles are amazingly OP. It’s perfect for griefing, especially if you enable hotkeys and just spam-throw them, it’s basically insta-kill. I have never used them, so I have no problem seeing it nerfed. Same with stun gloves, pretty sure they got removed though.

• @Lord:

While you’re at it, can you look at water slips? You go down for way to long for something that can be spread with just about any container and obtained almost anywhere.

yea nerf water too please, after stungloves were fixed it started to get really fucking annoying spending half the round walking after the janitor while he runs away with a water tank and a plant b gone. at the very least make them like banana peels or soap

also if youre gonna nerf floor tiles, you should nerf metal rods…which i think are practically the same more or less

• pretty well received

Well as far as rods as concerned, they do take a little more to make, but, they’re also a lot more weapon like than floor tiles

Current

force = 9.0
    throwforce = 15.0 (throwforce is damage hur)
    throw_speed = 5
    throw_range = 20
    max_amount = 60 (stack size max)

and proposed

force 13
    throwforce 11 (they don’t really have a sharpened end or anything, but they’re essentially chunks of rebar)
    throw speed 1
    throw range 20
    max_amount = 60 (once again I don’t want to mess too much with the poor engineers which will only probably use half a stack at most regardless)

Edit: Also stungloves are still in, but they’re being used less now that they make the same sound that a stun baton makes (hue hue grey tide rushing to kill the officer that they heard)

• Water keeps you down for about as long as stun gloves used to, which is roughly 5-6(?) seconds, which is more than enough time for you to get assmangled by just about anything that comes along. The only defence against water is galooshes or walking, but even then you can’t tell if a tile is wet or not just by looking at it.

• @LoneSoldier55:

Water keeps you down for about as long as stun gloves used to, which is roughly 5-6(?) seconds, which is more than enough time for you to get assmangled by just about anything that comes along. The only defence against water is galooshes or walking, but even then you can’t tell if a tile is wet or not just by looking at it.

Actually you can, theres a ‘sheen’ animation which plays on it.

• Even with that sheen, its virtually impossible to see. Certainly when you are just running down a hallway. Water is more OP than floor tiles.

Honestly i find it hilarious when someone gets beat into crit by a floor tile.

• @dazbuzz:

Even with that sheen, its virtually impossible to see. Certainly when you are just running down a hallway. Water is more OP than floor tiles.

Honestly i find it hilarious when someone gets beat into crit by a floor tile.

Like the time I died to a clown PDA.

• @Nernums:

pretty well received

Well as far as rods as concerned, they do take a little more to make, but, they’re also a lot more weapon like than floor tiles

Current

force = 9.0
    throwforce = 15.0 (throwforce is damage hur)
    throw_speed = 5
    throw_range = 20
    max_amount = 60 (stack size max)

and proposed

force 13
    throwforce 11 (they don’t really have a sharpened end or anything, but they’re essentially chunks of rebar)
    throw speed 1
    throw range 20
    max_amount = 60 (once again I don’t want to mess too much with the poor engineers which will only probably use half a stack at most regardless)

Edit: Also stungloves are still in, but they’re being used less now that they make the same sound that a stun baton makes (hue hue grey tide rushing to kill the officer that they heard)

Why are you proposing making construction materials/the easy-to-access byproduct of kicking/shard-cutting down grilles more robust than a fire extinguisher?

• a hard metal bar would probably do a lot more damage when struck into someones head than a big clumsy metal can

• @Antion:

Why are you proposing making construction materials/the easy-to-access byproduct of kicking/shard-cutting down grilles more robust than a fire extinguisher?

fire extinguishers are actually even easier to get than that

• Why do you want to nerf the only weapons the average crew member has access to other than welding tools that can kill juggernauts/wizards/xenos?

If you want to nerf something, nerf glass shards, not only are they as good as the other two as weapons, they can also be used to break electrified grilles without shocking the user. They also slip people who have no footwear on which is fucking annoying. If you get a stack of glass and just sit there placing and breaking the windows you can kill people by dragging them barefoot onto the pile of glass it makes.

• @DR.:

Why do you want to nerf the only weapons the average crew member has access to other than welding tools that can kill juggernauts/wizards/xenos?

why do you think its the only weapons that do damage to juggs wizards and xenos, and why do you think people even use these to fight them

• Juggs have and effect where any damage under 15 is reduced to nothing. Xenos recover health from their plasma stores far too quickly and melee combat with them is pretty much suicidal. Wizards teleport all over the fucking place and use their life token to heal themselves.

• @DR.:

Juggs have and effect where any damage under 15 is reduced to nothing. Xenos recover health from their plasma stores far too quickly and melee combat with them is pretty much suicidal. Wizards teleport all over the fucking place and use their life token to heal themselves.

then clearly this nerf is not the problem

• @DR.:

Why do you want to nerf the only weapons the average crew member has access to other than welding tools that can kill juggernauts/wizards/xenos?

If you want to nerf something, nerf glass shards, not only are they as good as the other two as weapons, they can also be used to break electrified grilled without shocking the user. They also slip people who have no footwear on which is fucking annoying. If you get a stack of glass and just sit there placing and breaking the windows you can kill people by dragging them barefoot onto the pile of glass it makes.

Despite being pro-nerfing of floortiles and rods, I am against nerfing glass shards. This is SS13. Elaborate byzantine deathtraps, even ones as tedious and simple as breaking a shitton of glass for a deathstack or a barefoot shard maze, is part and parcel of the game’s charm.

Also glass shards are one of the few non-metallic objects available, why wouldn’t they be able to cut an electrified mesh? If you want to nerf them, just limit their availability by making them not drop from rwindows: Like safetyglass, the reinforced backing/insert makes a broken rwindow shatter into pieces too small for use.

• I wouldn’t nerf glass shards, mostly because they aren’t stackable.
    also their non-ranged attacks are only 5

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.