More ad hoc punisments (less temp/perm bans)

• There are many situations in where one cannot simply jobban specific roles, and only banning is left, so I have some suggestions that would require a tiny little bit of coding.

1. Convert starts yelling “cult” and beating the cultist who converted him. Banning from Cultist will not prevent him from being converted later.
      Solution: Add a Cult+ Ban, in which if he is taken to a blood rune he will go catatonic as soon as he is converted (still useful to call Nar-Sie and whatnot).

2. Same scenario with revs.
      Solution: Add Rev+ Ban. If he is flashed by a head rev, unless he is loyalty implanted, he will go catatonic and not be converted (not to fuck the head rev’s limit).

3. Same scenario with deconverted revs.
      Solution: Add Loyalty Ban. Same as #1 when he is loyalty implanted. This one is a harsh one, since implants happen quite often. I suppose it would mean banning from security and captain too.

4. Citizen is murdered and borged (or made AI). He violates his laws to take vengeance on who borged him.
      Solution: Add Brain Ban. If the citizen’s brain is extracted a random item pops out instead of the brain (cream pie, faggot, whatever you want). That means his body is brainless and there is no brain to put back.

5. Same scenario but with constructs instead of borgs.
      Solution: Construct Ban. If the citizen gets soulstoned he goes automatically catatonic or soulless, and soulstone remains usable.

6. Same scenario but with Adamantine Golems.
      Solution: Golem Ban. Pretty simple, ghost does not trigger the rune.

7. Urist McEdgy is murderboning as non-antag because he is really edgy.
      Solution: Robust Ban. Give him permanent seizures and clumsiness. Add a little OoC message under his description (like one baystation’s player descriptions), with something like “Outlaw: Not protected by Space Law”, “Not Human” or “Kill on sight”.

8. Takara is bombing the station as non-antag!
      Solution: Bombing Ban. Same thing with description, and give him permanent brain damage so he cannot use canisters, computers and such.

• There are many situations in where one cannot simply jobban specific roles, and only banning is left, so I have some suggestions that would require a tiny little bit of coding.

1. Convert starts yelling “cult” and beating the cultist who converted him. Banning from Cultist will not prevent him from being converted later.
      Solution: Add a Cult+ Ban, in which if he is taken to a blood rune he will go catatonic as soon as he is converted (still useful to call Nar-Sie and whatnot).

2. Same scenario with revs.
      Solution: Add Rev+ Ban. If he is flashed by a head rev, unless he is loyalty implanted, he will go catatonic and not be converted (not to fuck the head rev’s limit).

3. Same scenario with deconverted revs.
      Solution: Add Loyalty Ban. Same as #1 when he is loyalty implanted. This one is a harsh one, since implants happen quite often. I suppose it would mean banning from security and captain too.

4. Citizen is murdered and borged (or made AI). He violates his laws to take vengeance on who borged him.
      Solution: Add Brain Ban. If the citizen’s brain is extracted a random item pops out instead of the brain (cream pie, faggot, whatever you want). That means his body is brainless and there is no brain to put back.

5. Same scenario but with constructs instead of borgs.
      Solution: Construct Ban. If the citizen gets soulstoned he goes automatically catatonic or soulless, and soulstone remains usable.

6. Same scenario but with Adamantine Golems.
      Solution: Golem Ban. Pretty simple, ghost does not trigger the rune.

7. Urist McEdgy is murderboning as non-antag because he is really edgy.
      Solution: Robust Ban. Give him permanent seizures and clumsiness. Add a little OoC message under his description (like one baystation’s player descriptions), with something like “Outlaw: Not protected by Space Law”, “Not Human” or “Kill on sight”.

8. Takara is bombing the station as non-antag!
      Solution: Bombing Ban. Same thing with description, and give him permanent brain damage so he cannot use canisters, computers and such.

• Administrators

Not worth it. If someone’s being disruptive, they get gibbed or corgied. If they’re being majorly disruptive, they get banned.

• @IMVader:

1. Takara is bombing the station
      give him permanent brain damage so he cannot use canisters, computers and such.

lol

• Takara is a joke and barely deserves banning if you get killed by him its mostly YOUR fault. Just treat him like some kind of clown only far less funny and more inmature.

Also I agree with Zetanor. If an admin kills you for something thats a great way to learn that you were not supposed to do this in the first place.
    I also love the way how goonstation deals with offenders who are shit by announcing that person’s birthday and telling the crew to give them their birthday beating or give the crew weapons to kill the offender.

• If someone murders you and force borgs you it’s well within your laws to permabrig them for being a murderer, unless you were talking about retaliating by killing them, which would be breaking your laws and would be treated the same as any other situation in which a borg/ai breaks its laws.

• @IMVader:

1. Same scenario with deconverted revs.

Except that if you get caught and successfully de-revved and not killed, you’re completely welcome to be loyal and tell the heads who various revs/revheads are. You’re not on their team anymore, and this is a legitimate in-game mechanic that exists for this (bad) roundtype. The heads/sec would still have to hunt down and get the revheads. You want us to sec/captain-ban people for doing this?

• @Antion:

Except that if you get caught and successfully de-revved and not killed, you’re completely welcome to be loyal and tell the heads who various revs/revheads are. You’re not on their team anymore, and this is a legitimate in-game mechanic that exists for this (bad) roundtype. The heads/sec would still have to hunt down and get the revheads. You want us to sec/captain-ban people for doing this?

i think he means if youre derevved and still kill security/heads

• @Antion:

Exept for the part where it says “the only thing you remember is the name of the one who converted you”

• @DR.:

If someone murders you and force borgs you it’s well within your laws to permabrig them for being a murderer, unless you were talking about retaliating by killing them, which would be breaking your laws and would be treated the same as any other situation in which a borg/ai breaks its laws.

Yes, but you only borg people you killed if they are traitors or if you subverted the AI. I mean wihle breaking its laws.

@Antion:

This:

@jh2.0:

i think he means if youre derevved and still kill security/heads

Not sure what you understood, but that is what I meant. If you go through the pain to deconvert without killing a rev and as soon as you free him he keeps aiding the revs and kills you. Then he would get that Loyalty Ban that would mean that each time he is implanted he gets force-ghosted, but for it to make sense you’d have also to ban him from every job that automatically starts loyalty-implanted (or not, only if you want it to make sense), such as Captain and all Security ones.

• Despite yall replies, this is actually a good suggestion. I support

• @IMVader:

1. Citizen is murdered and borged (or made AI). He violates his laws to take vengeance on who borged him.

I recall you get message “the MMI does not seem to fit in the cyborg body” or something when you try to borg a person who is banned from borgs. Even tho it could be it was custom thing on LLA.
    Also the brain ban would affect ling surgeries and debraining a corpse to ask questions with MMI.

• This is correct. Once I tried building an AI, but the person forgot they were job banned from AI and this happened.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.