Opening doors as the AI

• I was wondering, if an AI is busy tracking a traitor / syndicate / other form of antag, can an AI refuse to open a door for someone because they are busy?

I’ve done this before, but people then start screaming at me, “AI WON’T FOLLOW LAW 2, AI IS ROGUE!!!11!1!!”

• I was wondering, if an AI is busy tracking a traitor / syndicate / other form of antag, can an AI refuse to open a door for someone because they are busy?

I’ve done this before, but people then start screaming at me, “AI WON’T FOLLOW LAW 2, AI IS ROGUE!!!11!1!!”

• Maybe we need multiples AI if its too difficult to micromanage every task.

• It’s just that normally when I’m trying to open door for the whiner, the traitor runs into a closet or maint and I don’t know where the fuck they’ve gone.

• Let him whine. If he has not the patience to wait 10 seconds till you configured the engine, undone sabotage on atmos or unfucked tcomms to prevent a riot or set some mass murderer to be chased by beepsky then it might not have been that important and can be ignored and if he declares you rogue for that just call security nobody is going to support him unless they are retarded too.

Unless of course this person has to set up the engine engineering has abandoned, is being chased by said mass murderer or otherwise there to prevent danger then you should open up as soon as possible and lock the door tight behind him.

Another way of course to deal with a long queue of tasks is to sort them on how fast they can be dealt with and if they can easily be interupted at any moment and continued at the same point again.
    In that method opening doors is just less than a second if you grant access: Just shift click the door. And it requires no further attention and can easily be done while setting up the engine.
    On the other hand if you fight for your survival against an intruder you can’t open any doors because that task requires all your attention while it lasts.
    In this method the most annoying task is tracking down crewmember as they change the location as soon as you announce it and they are moving quite fast also its a quite useless task since only security makes use of it and when they want you to track someone for them its very likely a traitor to be executed and he will most likely be shot on the spot.

But in general if you have something more important to do. Complete the task and then let the Assistant into medical storage to steal first aid unless he opened the door himself in the time.

• If you are tracking an antag, id say its ok to ignore him for a while. As you are trying to prevent human harm. However it really isnt hard to quickly jump to him and open a door.

• a lot of the time you can just tell the retard grey shirts they don’t have access to the room and allowing unauthorized personnel into the room could endanger the crew

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.