Malf AI removal from secret

• This mode is complete shit and drags on for hours especially if admins aren’t on. Please take it off the secret rotation.

• This mode is complete shit and drags on for hours especially if admins aren’t on. Please take it off the secret rotation.

• I would say keep it. Revolution rounds are worse in that regard. It all depends on the antagonist on how fast the round ends anyway.
    A good malfunctioning AI will always work for the great objective of blowing up the station it might take a while depending on the route the AI takes but it will end.

• I find the rounds okay. Most AI’s make the mistake of hacking all the APCS inside their core, so if you have any suspicion just check the cameras for an easy answer, I did that yesterday as the RD, we demolished that AI.

The time it takes for the round depends on the AI’s playstyle, if it’s stealth, it’ll drag on, or if it’s the blitzkrieg then it’ll be fairly short. Though I do think AI’s that hack a maint APC, shunt into it, then set off the timer with like 1330 seconds left should be jobbanned.

• @CobyB:

I find the rounds okay. Most AI’s make the mistake of hacking all the APCS inside their core, so if you have any suspicion just check the cameras for an easy answer, I did that yesterday as the RD, we demolished that AI.

The time it takes for the round depends on the AI’s playstyle, if it’s stealth, it’ll drag on, or if it’s the blitzkrieg then it’ll be fairly short. Though I do think AI’s that hack a maint APC, shunt into it, then set off the timer with like 1330 seconds left should be jobbanned.

that example at the bottom happend when capt and us were playing.

it lost only after the xenos acid’d the APC that were spawned in

• @Capt19:

This mode is complete shit and drags on for hours especially if admins aren’t on. Please take it off the secret rotation.

That’s funny considering there are far, far worse gamemodes, like Cult and Revolution.

• @LoneSoldier55:

That’s funny considering there are far, far worse gamemodes, like Cult and Revolution.

cult, yes.

rev, no. that is, if revs get all access and heads of staff aren’t pussying out in space (namely hop, captain and CE)

• Cult is a horrible Game Mode, period.

I see no reason for removing Malf AI. Unlike all of the other game modes it is the least likely to drag on forever, plus I find it is one of the most fun antagonist roles to play and demands a more strategic play style than the usual run and gun murderboning traitor.

• Malf AI is very good. Traitor AI sucks. In Malf you have to hack APCs and have the whole crew against you. In traitor AI you are free to grief and there are other traitors fucking the station up.

• In traitor AI, I vent plasma into the station and watch everyone burn whilst the shuttle is coming.
    Then, just before the shuttle comes, I lock my target into a room (if they haven’t died already) and kill everyone there.

I can see why that’s annoying.

• See but cult is fine because atleast you can actually call the shuttle and destroy the comms consoles. With malf AI it can just keep recalling that shit and drag it out which is annoying. Also I agree that rev can go on for a long time too but atleast its fun, unlike malf AI where you just run around looking for a blue apc.

• The only things I agree are OP as fuck are the shunting option and engieborgs. But they are not really strong enough unbalances to completely remove a game mod. I have played many very fun malf rounds, as AI, borg or crew.

• @Capt19:

See but cult is fine because atleast you can actually call the shuttle and destroy the comms consoles. With malf AI it can just keep recalling that shit and drag it out which is annoying. Also I agree that rev can go on for a long time too but atleast its fun, unlike malf AI where you just run around looking for a blue apc.

AI’s can’t recall the shuttle, im pretty sure.

• He probably meant the shuttle get recalled automatically, which it does.

• Either way, you’d be suprised how fast an organized and equipped group of players who know what they’re doing can search and break almost everything.

• @LoneSoldier55:

organized and equipped group of players who know what they’re doing

You mean…. TEAMPLAY!?

Its really hard to get people to work with you. I already hit my limits on how much work I can effectively do alone and most of the time I demand only a little favor and it just gets ignored.
    I’m basically the only traitor who fails because she ran out of time and was too busy building a system to get strong makeshift weapons from.

Last time I was traitor I was working xenobiology into a genetics, bullet, poison and lethal mob factory sadly due to time and lack of organization I couldn’t get everything done I wanted and ended up killing my metal slimes, loading the metal into my autolathe and making enough bullets to go gun crazy and releasing a selected slime as cover.
    At least it was funny and kind of different since nobody ever uses revolvers.

• Putting an empty speedloader into a lathe refunds the 50,000 metal required to make a full one.

• @Vanellope:

You mean…. TEAMPLAY!?

Its really hard to get people to work with you. I already hit my limits on how much work I can effectively do alone and most of the time I demand only a little favor and it just gets ignored.
    I’m basically the only traitor who fails because she ran out of time and was too busy building a system to get strong makeshift weapons from.

Last time I was traitor I was working xenobiology into a genetics, bullet, poison and lethal mob factory sadly due to time and lack of organization I couldn’t get everything done I wanted and ended up killing my metal slimes, loading the metal into my autolathe and making enough bullets to go gun crazy and releasing a selected slime as cover.
    At least it was funny and kind of different since nobody ever uses revolvers.

i never buy revolvers since they’re so loud and don’t stun, though if you get a stun weapon / no-slips and water, then your good.

• Revolvers do real good damage against anything that isn’t HoS also they double as fire axe if you need to make a run for.

Anyway Malfunction Rounds are pretty cool as they are a test if an AI is really good or just a doorknob.
    In general antagonist AIs are fun as they usually sabotage within the system to not get detected and if they get detected they better start the damn countdown and raise up defenses.

• I did a rather fast malf AI round a few days ago, about 90 seconds on the timer, and no one knew it was me. Malf AI can go pretty fast if you use it’s functions properly, and hack APC’s WHILST the timer is running.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.