Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Cult

• remove it please.

its construct army or revolution without flashes and with no chance of deconvert and no traitor items.

its only fun for the crew and its utter shit as a sec officer. you can’t deconvert, you can’t figure out if their cult if they, GOD FORBID, have no cult items on them (which is usually the case), and HOLY SHIT HEADS CAN GET CONVERTED. when your the hos, and every other head is a cultist, yeah, fuck being hos because your gunna get fucked up the ass by everything. especially when hop gives out all access or captain gets robusted early into the round, and everyone has normal guns. then science pushes out their shitty laser guns and laser canons, and if they’re fast enough, push out a gygax.

please, either remove it, or make it less shit. maybe a convert limit? or some fucking way to deconvert, because from what i can tell, bible does shit, and the null rod is gone, replaced by a shitty jebus stick.

• remove it please.

its construct army or revolution without flashes and with no chance of deconvert and no traitor items.

its only fun for the crew and its utter shit as a sec officer. you can’t deconvert, you can’t figure out if their cult if they, GOD FORBID, have no cult items on them (which is usually the case), and HOLY SHIT HEADS CAN GET CONVERTED. when your the hos, and every other head is a cultist, yeah, fuck being hos because your gunna get fucked up the ass by everything. especially when hop gives out all access or captain gets robusted early into the round, and everyone has normal guns. then science pushes out their shitty laser guns and laser canons, and if they’re fast enough, push out a gygax.

please, either remove it, or make it less shit. maybe a convert limit? or some fucking way to deconvert, because from what i can tell, bible does shit, and the null rod is gone, replaced by a shitty jebus stick.

• The jebus stick doesn’t deconvert?
    And yeah Cults are pretty shit for basically everyone as no cult bothers with the really cool stuff like setting up teleport runes into some secret place and secretly using this to undermine the station by sending ghosts into the place to fuck up people. At least bad cults die early which sorta helps to ease the suck of this mode and we can finally focus on the cool things.
    Also loyality implanting vital crew members prevents them from getting converted but don’t waste it on the command staff use them on smart people like the quartermaster who can order more.
    Just look for signs of a cult (The detective is pretty well equipped for it) and then start dispensing implants if you are certain there is a cult.

• Cult just sucks either way, the objectives are mundane and boring, and anything else you can do is also shit. The constructs are usually batshit retarded and try to tank the sec team with laser guns or they go AFK as soon as they get cultified.

• or, because their mad, they try and attack you. constructs have no logs btw.

• @Vanellope:

The jebus stick doesn’t deconvert?
    And yeah Cults are pretty shit for basically everyone as no cult bothers with the really cool stuff like setting up teleport runes into some secret place and secretly using this to undermine the station by sending ghosts into the place to fuck up people. At least bad cults die early which sorta helps to ease the suck of this mode and we can finally focus on the cool things.
    Also loyality implanting vital crew members prevents them from getting converted but don’t waste it on the command staff use them on smart people like the quartermaster who can order more.
    Just look for signs of a cult (The detective is pretty well equipped for it) and then start dispensing implants if you are certain there is a cult.

everytime i see signs of cult, its too late to loyalty implant / people literally RUN AWAY from sec during cult because getting loyalty implanted is a death sentence because EVERYONE AROUND YOU IS CULT.

and staying at brig will get stagnant to the point that some cult scientist will bomb it

• I know Drew personally hates Cult, and I’m sick of having to help out as an admin because a round is slow because one member is absolutely retarded

• @Dr.:

I know Drew personally hates Cult, and I’m sick of having to help out as an admin because a round is slow because one member is absolutely retarded

or the entire cult doesn’t know what its doing.

literally played one round where all the starter cultists asked “how do?”

didn’t even know how to make a comms rune in order to communicate their starter word.

so basically it either turns into rev, or construct army.

• Drew thinks we should do a zombie mode. Plis add this. Replace cult with it, and it would be perfect. Cult is basically divided two ways: good cultists convert everyone, secs overthrown, cultists take over; or; cultists get caught, dont know how to share words and they are brutally murdered without 1 convert. Its so boring to be a non-cultist in cultist rounds as its usually spent as a ghost.

• Maybe if there was a decent tutorial it wouldnt be so hard for new players. The current one on tg is pretty bad.

• because cult sucks

• replace cult with monkey infestation. faster & more fun gamemode

• Monkey is pretty boring if you ask me. A zombie mode sounds kinda interesting, but id like to see some of the mechanics before id back it as a game mode.

Id still like to see Aliens turned into a more common game mode, rather than being so random. Most people love to play as them. I dont know why it isnt a game mode yet. I guess the admins/dev just dont like it.

• @DR.:

Maybe if there was a decent tutorial it wouldnt be so hard for new players. The current one on tg is pretty bad.

Besides the fact that cultists don’t know what they’re doing it’s a boring gamemode either way.
    @dazbuzz:

Monkey is pretty boring if you ask me. A zombie mode sounds kinda interesting, but id like to see some of the mechanics before id back it as a game mode.

Id still like to see Aliens turned into a more common game mode, rather than being so random. Most people love to play as them. I dont know why it isnt a game mode yet. I guess the admins/dev just dont like it.

Monkey Mode is essentially zombie mode. However the infection rate of 100% makes things get hectic, fast, and if you get even in the same room as a monkey without any form of decent ranged weaponry, unless you’re super robust or lucky, you are dead. Also half the idiots who stay in their departments either don’t know how to weld a vent, are oblivious to the people screaming over Tcomms, or are without a welder and they get trapped in their own departments.

• @KC:

Drew thinks we should do a zombie mode. Plis add this. Replace cult with it, and it would be perfect. Cult is basically divided two ways: good cultists convert everyone, secs overthrown, cultists take over; or; cultists get caught, dont know how to share words and they are brutally murdered without 1 convert. Its so boring to be a non-cultist in cultist rounds as its usually spent as a ghost.

That would be awsome and we should implement amputations for surgery incase you get bitten on the arm or shit ghetto could be like erm knife to cut skin/ axe or pliers to snip sinews and muscle then fire extinguisher or something else large to break the bone and who knows maybe wielder to burn it shut the word for that eludes me…

• Would be implemented, nobody would be competent enough to perform surgery. Once a facehugger got me and I had all the surgical tools needed to remove it. It took a lot of running and screaming in medbay to finally get the HoS and some other medical guy to even put drapes on me. Then none of them knew what tools to use or where to target so I died anyways.

• Only thing surgery is used for right now is forcing people to undergo a gender swap or murdering people with the tools.

• @DR.:

Only thing surgery is used for right now is forcing people to undergo a gender swap or murdering people with the tools.

Occasionally implanting people with explosives or station bounced radios.

• In related news we just nuked the station to stop the cult…

• I don’t think you wanted to stop the cult, I think you just wanted to nuke the station.

Kudos for stopping me from inevetably failing at such a shitty gamemode.

Users

Topics