What was I supposed to do?

• Well I get a law saying
    !^^%. THE SHUTTLE CANNOT BE CALLED BECAUSE OF TWO CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICERS ON THE STATION

I just don’t understand how taking the comms consoles apart with that law is wrong in any way so. What should I have done if you think I was wrong too?

• Well I get a law saying
    !^^%. THE SHUTTLE CANNOT BE CALLED BECAUSE OF TWO CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICERS ON THE STATION

I just don’t understand how taking the comms consoles apart with that law is wrong in any way so. What should I have done if you think I was wrong too?

• jesus christ you people are gigantic cry babies

I told you later to just interpret is as you please and you go and make this thread, brilliant

• Not sure what you think i’m crying about. I made it to ask what I was supposed to do. And I didn’t get a message saying that.
    There’s not really a way to stop it being called without taking the consoles down.

• huxley pussied out the moment you made this thread

• This reminds me the moment when Huxley been threatening me with ban, while I was robusting HoP and Captain, as traitor chaplain.

• huxx

stahp.

just stahp.

a higher admin was telling him to fuck off, p sure he won’t try anything after that even if he got a message from you saying that he can do whatever.

• @Swagile:

a higher admin was telling him to fuck off

No, this didn’t happen. I don’t know what the fuck any of you are on about.

• I see that law as a mere statement, it does not have any kind of order or action involved.
    The AI or borgs should assume they cant call the shuttle because there is 2 CMO’s, and they should also assume that no one else can call it for the same reason.

The law merely states that X is not possible because of Y, it does not order the AI to prevent anyone from doing X because of Y.

ie.
    Statement “Clown cant HONK without bike horn” does not mean that AI has to kill the clown to ensure it cant HONK.

• @Dr.:

No, this didn’t happen. I don’t know what the fuck any of you are on about.

@Dr.:

I told you later to just interpret is as you please and you go and make this thread, brilliant

• AI Laws are open to the interpretation of the AI’s and borgs that have them, the AI can interpret the law in any logical way you can deduce. Thus why you can find loopholes with laws. An AI who follows a set of laws one way isn’t for sure breaking the rules as the AI that’s following the laws in a different way. Therefore, I see this as a fine interpretation of this law. There are Two CMO’s on the station, therefore the shuttle cannot be called by you or any others because of this condition.

This is what AI laws are all about, finding ways to interpret them without breaking them, Huxlley that was some shit.

• jesus christ I told him to interpret it as he sees fit literally 2 seconds after that screenshot fucking hell can you lot not read

• They are open to interpretation as long as the outcome is logical, and does not contradict the law itself. “Do not allow the emergency shuttle to be called” specifically states that the ai should prevent anyone from calling the shuttle, “The shuttle cannot be called” states that it is not possible to call the shuttle, or that no one is capable of calling the shuttle for some reason or other. Therefore, no action should be taken, or the ai should try to find and repair the reason behind the shuttle being uncallable.

• @DR.:

They are open to interpretation as long as the outcome is logical, and does not contradict the law itself. “Do not allow the emergency shuttle to be called” specifically states that the ai should prevent anyone from calling the shuttle, “The shuttle cannot be called” states that it is not possible to call the shuttle, or that no one is capable of calling the shuttle for some reason or other. Therefore, no action should be taken, or the ai should try to find and repair the reason behind the shuttle being uncallable.

This is what I assumed, so god forbid I prevent some AI’s trying to wean as much power as they can from some randomly worded law.

• @Dr.:

This is what I assumed, so god forbid I prevent some AI’s trying to wean as much power as they can from some randomly worded law.

Isnt AI supposed to try and do that, which is why you word your laws carefully.

• @LoneSoldier55:

It sure as hell is. Remember when I killed the guy who one human’d himself because he just wrote “Only captain is human” as soon as he took off the spare ID?
    Managing to get a legit reason to get the fucker who reprogrammed you is the most fun as AI/Cyborg because its death by irony.

Also to this topic I don’t see why its such a great deal nothing stops a human from getting the shuttle called if they want to except critical engineering failure.

• @LoneSoldier55:

It was a random law.

• Makes no difference, as long as the AI arrives to a logical conclusion about it’s laws that does contradict it they can do whatever they like within the bounds of those laws.

• @LoneSoldier55:

Makes no difference, as long as the AI arrives to a logical conclusion about it’s laws that does contradict it they can do whatever they like within the bounds of those laws.

exactly this.

this is like gmod.

the creator of the game gave you tools, and specified a vague statement of “Do whatever you want.”

instead of staying sandbox, it now has several gamemodes, both RP and not, to play.

same thing with laws. unless you heavily moniter the laws and write them like a nazi, then AI’s will exploit it to the max.

• @DR.:

They are open to interpretation as long as the outcome is logical, and does not contradict the law itself. “Do not allow the emergency shuttle to be called” specifically states that the ai should prevent anyone from calling the shuttle, “The shuttle cannot be called” states that it is not possible to call the shuttle, or that no one is capable of calling the shuttle for some reason or other. Therefore, no action should be taken, or the ai should try to find and repair the reason behind the shuttle being uncallable.

Exactly, the AI with “The shuttle cannot be called” can even call the shuttle if ordered to try calling it anyways.

Ie.
    Captain: AI call the shuttle.
    AI: Captain, The shuttle cannot be called becsue of X, sir.
    Captain: Try calling it anyways.

The AI only assumes it is not possible, but if specifically ordered to do it anyways it has to try even tho it believes its useless.
    Its like you can still flip the light switch, even if the bulb has burned.

And quite frankly, deconstructing the coms console is as logical as removing the light switches becauae the bulb has burned.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.