[Suggestion] Dynamic Spawning working better on different floors

• http://i.imgur.com/2GrCHwi.jpg

This is an example of a map where the humans are below a perfectly good spawning position, but because of the math used in distance checking it doesn’t work. There are plenty of maps like this. One was a hospital where there is literally nowhere you can spawn friendly zombies on the floor above or below it, forcing Zs to spawn at the ground floor and make a 30 second voyage to the attack position just to immediately get gibbed.

I think this is because the math is a flat distance check, where you have to be at least X units away. This should be changed. Instead of the distance between (10,10,10) and (0,0,0) being considered as 10, it should be more (like 30) because of a heavy multiplier on the distance of the Z axis. This way, when you’re sitting on a floor above or below the humans, it would work.

Maybe this would be OP in certain situations? I don’t know if there math is any more complicated than just a distance check. If there’s some sort of “walkable distance” check, it definitely doesn’t work properly in these situations.

• http://i.imgur.com/2GrCHwi.jpg

This is an example of a map where the humans are below a perfectly good spawning position, but because of the math used in distance checking it doesn’t work. There are plenty of maps like this. One was a hospital where there is literally nowhere you can spawn friendly zombies on the floor above or below it, forcing Zs to spawn at the ground floor and make a 30 second voyage to the attack position just to immediately get gibbed.

I think this is because the math is a flat distance check, where you have to be at least X units away. This should be changed. Instead of the distance between (10,10,10) and (0,0,0) being considered as 10, it should be more (like 30) because of a heavy multiplier on the distance of the Z axis. This way, when you’re sitting on a floor above or below the humans, it would work.

Maybe this would be OP in certain situations? I don’t know if there math is any more complicated than just a distance check. If there’s some sort of “walkable distance” check, it definitely doesn’t work properly in these situations.

• Already happens.

• It’s not working as intended. We just had a game where Hoots was trying to dynamically spawn zombies in a green lit area, but most zombies were spawning on the bottom floor of a 3 story building. I don’t know the name of the map (xcom?), so he’d need to give specific details. The humans ended up winning even though we shouldn’t have. Wave 4 almost broke the cade, but waves 5 and 6 were trickles of zombies. I imagine this is because the zombie spawn being selected had changed. People said they could spawn at Hoots, but they had to M1 20 times to do so.

Is the math for selecting a preferred spawn the same as allowing a spawn?

• Is there a way to make it so that if the game detects people are repeatedly killing themselves after spawning somewhere, others will stop?

• @Nukkun:

Is there a way to make it so that if the game detects people are repeatedly killing themselves after spawning somewhere, others will stop?

Yeah, I like this. Give each zombie spawn point a worth. If zombies spawn there, go out, do damage to humans and/or barricades, the spawn gets worth. If zombies die in proximity to its spawn, that spawn loses worth. The game will pick spawns based on their worth.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.