[WIP/RELEASE] eft_winter_graveyard

• This the map i have been working on for about 6-ish days (with some breaks of course) which only made it like 3 days or so, well anyways this map is a graveyard that has been transformed into a graveyard which also happens to take place during the winter! Points are both scoreable through the field goals or by touching the end zone.
    –The Powerups are Magnet ball and Speed ball but i have a feeling everyone is going to use speed because speed is somewhat op where as magnet is meh, but hey its the first map to feature magnet which is good because jet didn’t make it for nothing. Throwing it out of the graveyard reset the ball and if u try to leave u die so yea–
    Lastly, im sorry about how shitty the field goals are but i kinda suck at detailing so :/
    –IMPORTANT: Can someone find me music suitable for this map i was thinking Snowman from Mother but its too calming recommendations welcome i’ll upload bsp when i have a decent ambient because it helps alot–
    All in all this is comparable in size to blood bowl and playing style so yay… nuff said.

• This the map i have been working on for about 6-ish days (with some breaks of course) which only made it like 3 days or so, well anyways this map is a graveyard that has been transformed into a graveyard which also happens to take place during the winter! Points are both scoreable through the field goals or by touching the end zone.
    –The Powerups are Magnet ball and Speed ball but i have a feeling everyone is going to use speed because speed is somewhat op where as magnet is meh, but hey its the first map to feature magnet which is good because jet didn’t make it for nothing. Throwing it out of the graveyard reset the ball and if u try to leave u die so yea–
    Lastly, im sorry about how shitty the field goals are but i kinda suck at detailing so :/
    –IMPORTANT: Can someone find me music suitable for this map i was thinking Snowman from Mother but its too calming recommendations welcome i’ll upload bsp when i have a decent ambient because it helps alot–
    All in all this is comparable in size to blood bowl and playing style so yay… nuff said.

• Change the brickfloor to either cobble stone or concrete

• will do

• Skybox looks nice - I think you should replace the goals with mausoleums instead, and perhaps for environmental hazards you could use graves. Vary the snow a bit snow it’s not entirely flat. The blue floor for blue team in the second picture looks ugly.

since it’s not released yet you should keep it as [WIP]

• ok so bumpy ground and mausoleums got it. –brush work here i come x(

• hold the mausoleums for now - there might be custom ones out there you could copy, or you could think up of another goal that fits the winter graveyard theme.

• @ritzbits:

hold the mausoleums for now - there might be custom ones out there you could copy, or you could think up of another goal that fits the winter graveyard theme.

its a little late for that… now only if i could somehow delete this cut i made with the cutting tool -.-"
    after fucking up the entire map i just crashed it out and now all is good

• Don’t really see a point to the magnet ball at all.

• But the magnet ball is magical!!! :O

• Only issues I’d have is the maps completely open and the speed ball hoop is way too easy to access, go spectator and get a screenshot from above showing most of the map if you can.

You could a lot more interesting things like as suggested mausoleums or those memorial walls or add hedges to create paths instead of 1 giant field.

Dig open graves as pits?

• The main reason I haven’t done the mausoleum thing or open grave thing (spikepits) is because i suck @ brushwork i think i could manage the spike pits but i might screw something up… ill try

• Make an actual map instead of 10 that are garbage.

• You don’t really need speedball in every map, especially if it’s so easy to get.

• @JetBoom:

Make an actual map instead of 10 that are garbage.

my main issues are lack of creativity and not being good at brushing shapes… If i was better well id be better and maps wouldn’t be so shittay’

Edit: so i just heard that people DO NOT like the flat football stadium like maps– if i knew this information earlier it would have made my life TONS easier
    Also, i heard something like jetboom is japanese? is this true?

• @JetBoom:

Make an actual map instead of 10 that are garbage.

As long and he’s not actually releasing them it’s fine, if I had my old PC I could quite easily dig up some really terrible maps I used to make.

And Xeon you wont get decent with brush work without playing about doing stupid things for practice.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.