I really miss the old map.

• So seeing some stuff on the server since my recent unban this is confusing as shit… So im wondering any chance of bringing it back apperantly my friend asked some admins and they said the votes are normaly tied to which another player said that old map almost always wins. But thats just what i want what do you guys think? i for one miss the old map and am quite confused on some of the new stuff considering how long ive been gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kotNxb2YApk
    Old nox life is the only life i know…
    Edit i havent really checked the forums for other posts like this if it is for some reason taboo to ask for the old map back fell free to lock this.

• So seeing some stuff on the server since my recent unban this is confusing as shit… So im wondering any chance of bringing it back apperantly my friend asked some admins and they said the votes are normaly tied to which another player said that old map almost always wins. But thats just what i want what do you guys think? i for one miss the old map and am quite confused on some of the new stuff considering how long ive been gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kotNxb2YApk
    Old nox life is the only life i know…
    Edit i havent really checked the forums for other posts like this if it is for some reason taboo to ask for the old map back fell free to lock this.

• I have been a part of 3 different votes where MetaStation won. Old map was terrible and too small.

• metastation maintenance is an assistants and engineers heaven. lots of places to be, escape routes and toolbelts.

toolbelts.    toolbelts.

• i like the new metastation. rare stuff like helmets, silver coins and sunglasses are widely available

• Thus defeating the point of them being rare.

• @LoneSoldier55:

Thus defeating the point of them being rare.

thus making grey tide cooler???

• Yeah it kinda sucks getting everything stolen by assistants who will never use the stuff they stole anyway… also it surprises me all the time how easy assistants get to energy guns, tasers, handcuffs and stuff.
    Security? Head of Security / Captain / Head of Personnel! Its not useful if you carry 3 energy guns in your backpack because if you go down and trust me one day you will, all the guns end up with who knows what kinds of people.
    Its always the same 3 people who enable traitors to kill everyone they want.

I don’t think giving assistants everything they need to break into everywhere is the way to go. Botany can make toolbelts too please give them another customer who is NOT the clown.

To the topic: Yeah the old map had a better maintenance I miss it. There are so many useless maintenance halls that only serve to hide corpses, break into stuff, plant bombs. There are like 3 maintenance shafts in research that go nowhere and scientists can’t even use them to escape to the hallway if research caught fire again.

Also kill the person who planted the AI cameras. The AI can see jack shit. Escape doors can’t be seen, not a single camera in any maintenance shaft, none of the escape pods can be seen, AI can’t check if everything is still in the engineering secure storage, no camera to check toxin’s lab with, not even a camera in the freaking break rooms. I’m not even sure if the AI can see the holodeck. Its a terrible mess!

• @Vanellope:

Yeah it kinda sucks getting everything stolen by assistants who will never use the stuff they stole anyway… also it surprises me all the time how easy assistants get to energy guns, tasers, handcuffs and stuff.
    Security? Head of Security / Captain / Head of Personnel! Its not useful if you carry 3 energy guns in your backpack because if you go down and trust me one day you will, all the guns end up with who knows what kinds of people.
    Its always the same 3 people who enable traitors to kill everyone they want.

I don’t think giving assistants everything they need to break into everywhere is the way to go. Botany can make toolbelts too please give them another customer who is NOT the clown.

To the topic: Yeah the old map had a better maintenance I miss it. There are so many useless maintenance halls that only serve to hide corpses, break into stuff, plant bombs. There are like 3 maintenance shafts in research that go nowhere and scientists can’t even use them to escape to the hallway if research caught fire again.

Also kill the person who planted the AI cameras. The AI can see jack shit. Escape doors can’t be seen, not a single camera in any maintenance shaft, none of the escape pods can be seen, AI can’t check if everything is still in the engineering secure storage, no camera to check toxin’s lab with, not even a camera in the freaking break rooms. I’m not even sure if the AI can see the holodeck. Its a terrible mess!

assistants get all this shit the usual way.

crappy security who get owned by a banana peel. or water. or tabling.

• i love the old map, but the majority wants to keep the current map, so this one is staying

• Damn then you sure we couldnt have one entire forums weeklong vote? its up to you obvously but i would just like to see how many people truly want back the old map.

• There’s at least 4 pairs of sunglasses sitting in maint, so Flashes are almost even more useless.
    There’s upwards of 6 silver coins inside maint as well, so “rare” items from vending machines are almost always sold out.
    Matinence is in general filled with junk and rubbish that nobody is ever going to sift through to find bodies anyways, it’s a great place, I’ve found, to steal and hoard all the random shit you can find on the server.

Security is pretty shitty, one of the set of shutters can only be opened from one side, so half the time security gets locked out of their own department, which is if they are even doing their job correctly, because nobody can be arsed to use their life to sit infront of a security checkpoint and operate buttons for the tards that are arresting the clown.

The matinence shafts that cut through the airlocks of other departments, like the ones in research and virology, is just asking for assistants to move in there and make a backdoor to medbay to steal everything again.

In general, the insane amount of matinence makes it incredibly easy for anyone with a know-how of the layout to get to places in the station quicker than they would normally with all acsess.

• Why does chemistry have regular walls instead of rwalls?

• @DR.:

Why does chemistry have regular walls instead of rwalls?

It did in the old map, didn’t it? Makes it easy to get inside chemistry when nobody is there and make all sorts of things anyways.

• @LoneSoldier55:

It did in the old map, didn’t it? Makes it easy to get inside chemistry when nobody is there and make all sorts of things anyways.

chemistry is arguably the most powerful element in the game, though.

tons of stun chemicals, chemicals that can kill you near instantly, and thermite.

• I also really miss the old map, but i doubt we will ever get it changed back.

Rather than wasting our time wishing for something like that, would it not be more constructive to offer advice on improving this new map? Id suggest having a sticky topic in which people can suggest changes and fixes to the station. Like Vanellope with her observations regarding AI camera placement.

• @Swagile:

chemistry is arguably the most powerful element in the game, though.

tons of stun chemicals, chemicals that can kill you near instantly, and thermite.

Thermite, for getting into anywhere you want.
    Hyperzine, for escaping security and fat people.
    Synaptizine, for getting back up once you get hit by sec.
    Leporazine, Dexaline, and Bicardaine for unprotected EVA.
    Napalm for making area denial.
    Potassium/Water grenades for vandalism/KO power.
    EMP’s for fucking up the AI.
    Tricordazine for easily healing everything.
    Space lube for shenanigans.

Chemistry is OP.

• I really don’t. The only thing I don’t like about this one is cargo. The map gives me the feeling of being in a gigantic fucking shopping mall and I like it.

• that doesnt even scratch the surface of chemistrys potential. spend 5 mins taking 500 doses of each of those chemicals and they will last you the entire round, making you literally invincible

• @jh2.0:

that doesnt even scratch the surface of chemistrys potential. spend 5 mins taking 500 doses of each of those chemicals and they will last you the entire round, making you literally invincible

Until you slip on water and die

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.