Clear ban list, change admins

• I didn’t think this server would turn in to darkrp byond edition. It’s just a contest to see how much you can grief until an admin bans you. If everyone did exactly what they’re supposed to do then this game would be boring shit. Seeing people get banned for petty stuff on a server with the noxiousnet name makes me puke.

todo:

• Clear ban and jobban list except for the most colossal faggots.
    • Admins no longer shitbags who ban for petty stuff.
    • No admins allowed to be added unless I’ve heard of them. Seriously I’ve only heard of like 3 of them.

Also what happened to being able to do stuff once you died? Wasn’t there supposed to be hell or something?

• I didn’t think this server would turn in to darkrp byond edition. It’s just a contest to see how much you can grief until an admin bans you. If everyone did exactly what they’re supposed to do then this game would be boring shit. Seeing people get banned for petty stuff on a server with the noxiousnet name makes me puke.

todo:

• Clear ban and jobban list except for the most colossal faggots.
    • Admins no longer shitbags who ban for petty stuff.
    • No admins allowed to be added unless I’ve heard of them. Seriously I’ve only heard of like 3 of them.

Also what happened to being able to do stuff once you died? Wasn’t there supposed to be hell or something?

• I’m fully going to support that. The ban request forum already got too big.
    The only concern I have is that people will just roll scientist so they get to bomb the station and that will happen every round.
    And with people who have a fanbase like Takara its likely to happen that we spawn a terrorism cult based on who makes the biggest holes in the station and goes to Space-Valhalla where they drink and build bombs with Takara to prepare for the Great Bombing.
    But on the other hand Security doesn’t permanently run in danger of getting banned for everything they do which might encourage better players to play these jobs.

• “A contest to see how much you can grief until an admin bans you” “Seeing people get banned for petty stuff makes me puke”

I know you own everything, but have you actually played and/or adminned the SS13 server for any period of time? This is probably the griefiest SS13 server and the admins are usually fairly lax on shit, either in not banning (Hell, there’s been a few times where the admin MOTD has simply said “Don’t ban anyone” for awhile), and when we do ban, lots of the bans are 1/3/7-day bans for shit that would get month or permabans on the more sane and/or autistic SS13 servers.

(Voted yes on the poll provided Takara stays hellbanned and doesn’t keep riding off the permalist on The Dark One’s dick)

• the ss13 server has a good balance, but is getting stagnant as well.

dunno, it might just be me.

a wipe would be coolio, but then again, im saying this cause im a player, not an admin. the admins / mods are gunna be mad.

• @Antion:

(Voted yes on the poll provided Takara stays hellbanned and doesn’t keep riding off the permalist on The Dark One’s dick)

Absolutely not.

• yes to the unbans, but take it easy on the admin reset. the server barely has enough admins as it is

• Yes, as long as the multikeyers stay banned, unless that corgi button checks their ip etc.

• I only think there are a couple of admins that need removal. Otherwise, everything is fine for me. Voted no.

• I support this, the amount of stupid ban requests in the Space Brig is amazing.
    Just take it easy on the admin reset, quite a few are good, chilled admins that only ban you for the actual bad things like going HoS and killing the entire security force then going AFK for the rest of the round.

And yes, like what Antion said, I know you run the server and all but have you actually ever gone onto it / moderated it? The bans are rarely permanent.

• @Swagile:

a wipe would be coolio, but then again, im saying this cause im a player, not an admin. the admins / mods are gunna be mad.

It’s usually a kindness.

• @Benjy:

It’s usually a kindness.

what im saying is i don’t fully understand the scope of the wipe since i don’t have an administrative position that can be taken from me.

aka i have nothing to lose in a wipe like this because A) im a somewhat good player and B) im not an admin, so saying yes to a vote like this doesn’t hurt me.

now if i was an admin, id probably be asking “wtf is going on”.

• DoctorDrew couldn’t find spriters to finish hell with.

• I like the idea of clearing the ban list. It would help bring more people back to NoX, which is great considering in the last two months, the playerbase seems to have gotten smaller. However the major griefers probably would do more harm than good. However clearing the banlist could cause a sudden spike in the number of griefers, so the mods/admins would need to be prepared for that.

Never had any problems with the admins, they all seem nice enough to me, but then i havent been playing for very long.

• would be cool, the only people not worth clearing of bans are the multikeyers/hardcore metagamers.

also we’re still the most lenient ss13 server currently in existence and also the most popular because of lack of lag and hardcore autismatic admins

• @Dr.:

would be cool, the only people not worth clearing of bans are the multikeyers/hardcore metagamers.

also we’re still the most lenient ss13 server currently in existence and also the most popular because of lack of lag and hardcore autismatic admins

this 100x

but then again, don’t they find ways out of their bans anyway?

• @Swagile:

this 100x

but then again, don’t they find ways out of their bans anyway?

Some, then they get bored getting caught and banned over and over usually before they can manage to do anything and fuck off to another server.

Most are too stupid to avoid it.

• As long as Huxley is deadmined, I’m all in for it.

On a serious note, though, I think the best way to go is no more permabaning. I mean, a 10-15 days ban, I think, is more than enough for bombing the station, or going crazy as the captain.

• hear that, huxleyy? dont permaban us anymore to increase forum traffic

• @AssassinT90:

On a serious note, though, I think the best way to go is no more permabaning. I mean, a 10-15 days ban, I think, is more than enough for bombing the station, or going crazy as the captain.

Without sounding like a hypocrite, permaban is a necessary to weed out those who are not here to play, despite nox’s slack rules, more than a punishment.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.