Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Temp Zombie Escape update

• Since ZE and it’s current maps have been thoroughly tested, i thought it’d be nice to see stats and rewards implemented. 2000 silver or so sounds like a reasonable amount to be awarded upon winning. As for stats, I imagine there could be a small section for the ZE stats - wins, losses, and ratio.

• Stat tracking and rewards support

At the moment, players don’t have much interest in playing zombie escape since stat tracking and rewards are disabled - nothing is received if they win. Other skilled players suicide with their grenades in order to eat brains to count towards their brain count, since that’s the only permanent benefit they can receive from playing zombie escape.

• Weapons and viewmodels update

I know that ZE has different weapon files compared to ZS; but it’d be nice to have the viewmodels ported over from ZS in order to conform to look like the ZS ‘engine’, rather than having standard CSS weapons with CSS viewmodels (hands). It’d be nice to see the plank and other melee weapons introduced, as well as weapons such as the glock, eraser, M4, silencer, USP tactical, UMP, hunter, crackler and AUG.

i’ve other suggestions for improving ZE in the future but that’s it for now.

helm’s deep

• Since ZE and it’s current maps have been thoroughly tested, i thought it’d be nice to see stats and rewards implemented. 2000 silver or so sounds like a reasonable amount to be awarded upon winning. As for stats, I imagine there could be a small section for the ZE stats - wins, losses, and ratio.

• Stat tracking and rewards support

At the moment, players don’t have much interest in playing zombie escape since stat tracking and rewards are disabled - nothing is received if they win. Other skilled players suicide with their grenades in order to eat brains to count towards their brain count, since that’s the only permanent benefit they can receive from playing zombie escape.

• Weapons and viewmodels update

I know that ZE has different weapon files compared to ZS; but it’d be nice to have the viewmodels ported over from ZS in order to conform to look like the ZS ‘engine’, rather than having standard CSS weapons with CSS viewmodels (hands). It’d be nice to see the plank and other melee weapons introduced, as well as weapons such as the glock, eraser, M4, silencer, USP tactical, UMP, hunter, crackler and AUG.

i’ve other suggestions for improving ZE in the future but that’s it for now.

helm’s deep

• Another thing that needs to be changed is to disable both climbing and feigning death on the Super Zombie class. Both can be used to either exploit or break maps that have no issues unless either of the two are used to cause them. Two maps I can think of that have problems are Zombie Rig and Hyper Nova. The maps are fine and have no reason to be removed, the only issues that they have are exploits which climbing and feigning death are used to grief their own team or the opposite team. Disabling climbing and feigning death all together would make it so the maps can stay on the server and not have to be removed.

• I think zombie climbing could be time limited to prevent them from climbing out of the map while retaining the feature.

• The alt menu and phase mode for humans have no benefit and should be disabled.

• ze_grand_boat_escape_day_v5
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/lj6zgqbebx3we2x/ze_grand_boat_escape_day_v5.bsp

• Removed the 20-second door wait as it conflicts with the 20 second timer when zombies spawn

• Fixed up spelling and grammar in the console directions and revised them to be clearer

• Re-worked timers a bit as well as an obstacle so that humans have a little more time to get to the boat

• Reduced the main holdout portion timer by about 10 seconds

ze_hypernova_v3
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/32cwxb9vw3nmvc2/ze_hypernova_v3.bsp

• Fixed humans not being able to win if the trigger_hurt explosion misses some zombies by adding a trigger_winlose

• Fixed players being able to trigger the func_tracktrain cargo lift early, skipping the defense portion and leaving humans behind

• Added a few worldhints to guide players

• Would there be any point in not disabling phase mode, alt menu, zombie cimbing, and zombie feign death on zombie escape? Actually what’s the problem with feigning? Climbing I can see being a problem but feigning shouldn’t matter.

• Zombies that were feigning death in the escape pod on ze_hypernova_v2 would fall out, and be excluded from the final encounter teleport.
    These same zombies would also be able to hold up the game (could never see where they ended up), while killed zombies would keep respawning in trigger_hurt.

• Zombie climbing adds dynamics to the CS:S’s ‘everyone hold left click at one spot’ style play.

Some feign death zombies would clip through a moving platform into strange places, and trigger hurt for end round would not reach them, indefinitely holding the round until they were dead.

• Would be nice if you add much more harder maps and give rewards and stats depending on player count (max 5 k prob)

• @ritzbits:

ze_hypernova_v3
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/32cwxb9vw3nmvc2/ze_hypernova_v3.bsp

• Fixed humans not being able to win if the trigger_hurt explosion misses some zombies by adding a trigger_winlose

• Fixed players being able to trigger the func_tracktrain cargo lift early, skipping the defense portion and leaving humans behind

• Added a few worldhints to guide players

All particles are missing.

• If/when the ZE maps ever get officially included, the reward should be based on the survival rate, instead of a flat amount.

Users

Topics