Cading in ZS and how to fix

• Hey everyone,

I figured I’d chuck this out there.

First off, new cading system is amazing. It makes the game seem a lot more like zombie survival instead of, “pile in a tiny room with 2 props and survive”. Love fallback cades. Jetboom, I owe you another 10$ donation.

The problem with the current cading system is that it’s way too easy for someone to join the server, throw all the props in a big mound, and nail it together. If you’re not a mod, you either take massive damage, (or in my case, die time and time again while trying to fix cade). Furthermore, it’s becoming very common for caders to get in a “nail war”, with each other pulling nails until one person is either too weak to continue cading, or dies accidentally.

There’s already been a bunch of threads about this, however I think there’s a few pretty good rational solutions to this:

1- Move hammer and nails farther down on worth list

This has been suggested many times. Hammer is cool, but if you suck you generally do far more harm than good. Moving it farther down the worth list will make less n00bs grab it.

2- Give admins ability to ban players from placing nails for a set amount of time

As of right now, admins can pull nails, but when the admin leaves the player generally comes back and shitcades again. Allowing admins to ban players from placing nails may seem extreme, (players could theoretically not build cades), however I believe it would do more help than harm. Most of the time, shitcaders are trying to help, but suck. They shouldn’t be banned or kicked.

3- Create an system where each point of repair a player does to a prop they’ve nailed is cumulative, and reduces the damage taken from pulling other peoples nails. If you pull a nail from a prop and re-nail it, it doesn’t give you points.

This is a bit extreme and could be potentially abused (no idea how to code this), however the way I figure a player who repairs their own props probably placed them in a really great place, and they’ve been able to get points by repairing the prop by making it harder for zombies to hit, (otherwise they would get little/no points). Furthermore, players who just join the server would be able to still cade. Finally, this prevents players from putting in their nail, and pulling another persons to “claim” the repair points. This puts a system into place where experienced caders are in a better position to build cades, and fix shitcades.

4- Prevent nailing props together gasp

I would speculate 95% of the time, nailing a prop to another is a complete waste. The only time I see this working is with those blue shelves, (which there are better options like using a chair). Removing the ability to nail props together would prevent first time players from doing the vast majority of shitcading I’ve been seeing on the server. 75% of shitcades are mounds of props

5- Add a voting system where players can “vote” a shitcader.

Simple system. If someone is shitcading, players could type /voteshitcader. If enough people vote, the player is banned from nailing for 48 hrs, and all existing nail ownership is removed. This would be easy to add. Most of the time, there’s plenty of time for the survivors to vote them out, and give enough time for the regulars to rebuild the cade.

I believe with these additions, it would give more power to experienced regulars to cade in a fair and decent way. As of right now, if an admin isn’t on and someone keeps shitcading round after round, I have little incentive to help, and just go zombie.

• Hey everyone,

I figured I’d chuck this out there.

First off, new cading system is amazing. It makes the game seem a lot more like zombie survival instead of, “pile in a tiny room with 2 props and survive”. Love fallback cades. Jetboom, I owe you another 10$ donation.

The problem with the current cading system is that it’s way too easy for someone to join the server, throw all the props in a big mound, and nail it together. If you’re not a mod, you either take massive damage, (or in my case, die time and time again while trying to fix cade). Furthermore, it’s becoming very common for caders to get in a “nail war”, with each other pulling nails until one person is either too weak to continue cading, or dies accidentally.

There’s already been a bunch of threads about this, however I think there’s a few pretty good rational solutions to this:

1- Move hammer and nails farther down on worth list

This has been suggested many times. Hammer is cool, but if you suck you generally do far more harm than good. Moving it farther down the worth list will make less n00bs grab it.

2- Give admins ability to ban players from placing nails for a set amount of time

As of right now, admins can pull nails, but when the admin leaves the player generally comes back and shitcades again. Allowing admins to ban players from placing nails may seem extreme, (players could theoretically not build cades), however I believe it would do more help than harm. Most of the time, shitcaders are trying to help, but suck. They shouldn’t be banned or kicked.

3- Create an system where each point of repair a player does to a prop they’ve nailed is cumulative, and reduces the damage taken from pulling other peoples nails. If you pull a nail from a prop and re-nail it, it doesn’t give you points.

This is a bit extreme and could be potentially abused (no idea how to code this), however the way I figure a player who repairs their own props probably placed them in a really great place, and they’ve been able to get points by repairing the prop by making it harder for zombies to hit, (otherwise they would get little/no points). Furthermore, players who just join the server would be able to still cade. Finally, this prevents players from putting in their nail, and pulling another persons to “claim” the repair points. This puts a system into place where experienced caders are in a better position to build cades, and fix shitcades.

I would speculate 95% of the time, nailing a prop to another is a complete waste. The only time I see this working is with those blue shelves, (which there are better options like using a chair). Removing the ability to nail props together would prevent first time players from doing the vast majority of shitcading I’ve been seeing on the server. 75% of shitcades are mounds of props

5- Add a voting system where players can “vote” a shitcader.

Simple system. If someone is shitcading, players could type /voteshitcader. If enough people vote, the player is banned from nailing for 48 hrs, and all existing nail ownership is removed. This would be easy to add. Most of the time, there’s plenty of time for the survivors to vote them out, and give enough time for the regulars to rebuild the cade.

I believe with these additions, it would give more power to experienced regulars to cade in a fair and decent way. As of right now, if an admin isn’t on and someone keeps shitcading round after round, I have little incentive to help, and just go zombie.

• @mrfranswa:

Hammer bans would definitely be a better punishment than the one-sided hammer. It should restrict players from being able to check it out at worth - with one-sided hammer, players can still build terrible barricades and be a jerk by continually nailing a prop to prevent it from being unnailed.

@mrfranswa:

this won’t happen because nailing props together can be useful in some situations (when there is no world available to nail it to), and that it would defy barricading logic.

• @ritzbits:

players can still build terrible barricades and be a jerk by continually nailing a prop to prevent it from being unnailed.

As with the case with Breadfish who repeatedly built shit barricades that were hard to shoot out of.
    The bad comments and the vote bans/kicks on him didn’t deter him from being a shithead.

• Couldn’t be more wrong about number 4.

• I’m a Gaben!

Cant fix. Peoples still shitcade about 5 years! Peoples don’t know about to Cade and survival, we need make GUIDE in Gmod ZS.
    Because Nox ZS is Veteran mode now. 15-35 players we win map about 5-12% ratio but, 40-65 we lose survival about 90-95% ratio, that why because no more help repair nails, no more hammer SO LAZY Guys! Failure…

GUIDE: “How make build to cade for Survival” Peoples can read guide learn about cade survival.

• Do we have default loadouts for new players who join zs? I’m not quite sure, but the rest of this post is written under the assumption that we dont.

Currently if you are a new player joining ZS and a new round is starting, you are prompted with the worth screen. The worth screen is a bit daunting for a new player to really come up with their own effective class the first few times. Especially because of the time limit for them to do so. If we had a few pre-made loadouts that new players could select from, it would encourage new players to play in a certain style. All that would need to be done is to leave the hammer out of the default loadouts.

Obviously not a fix, but it helps new players adapt.

• @GT4_PL:

I’m a Gaben!

Cant fix. Peoples still shitcade about 5 years! Peoples don’t know about to Cade and survival, we need make GUIDE in Gmod ZS.
    Because Nox ZS is Veteran mode now. 15-35 players we win map about 5-12% ratio but, 40-65 we lose survival about 90-95% ratio, that why because no more help repair nails, no more hammer SO LAZY Guys! Failure…

GUIDE: “How make build to cade for Survival” Peoples can read guide learn about cade survival.

can you make a guide on cading please? i think a veteran such as your self has a lot to teach us

• @Azrius:

can you make a guide on cading please? i think a veteran such as your self has a lot to teach us

What’s so bad about nukkun’s tutorial.

• @deadly:

Do we have default loadouts for new players who join zs?

No but there are the default loadouts for when nothing is selected before the round starts. I don’t see why those couldn’t be used.

As for Nukkun’s tutorial, it’s a thread in the forums, it’s only really seen by people that have spent enough time here to join the community, the target audience will rarely ever see it. There are 320942 in-game accounts and only 8494 forum accounts.

• @PureJeenyus:

No but there are the default loadouts for when nothing is selected before the round starts. I don’t see why those couldn’t be used.

As for Nukkun’s tutorial, it’s a thread in the forums, it’s only really seen by people that have spent enough time here to join the community, the target audience will rarely ever see it. There are 320942 in-game accounts and only 8494 forum accounts.

A bunch of those 8494 forum accounts were just made for the galactic arms race 1000-key giveaway.

• @ritzbits:

A bunch of those 8494 forum accounts were just made for the galactic arms race 1000-key giveaway.

Unfortunately

• Goddamn Reddit.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.