Paralysis Sting

• Currently the paralysis stinger costs 3 evolution points, stuns victims for roughly 60-90 seconds, and also silences them. On top of all of this it, along with every other stinger, can be used while stunned.

Changelings start off with 5 evolution points so not only is the paralysis stinger purchasable immediately, it even leaves over 2 extra points for further purchases. That’s way too powerful for something that can be bought immediately, especially during pure changeling rounds where there may be upwards of 5-6 changelings running around with this ability right off the bat. From what I’ve seen the only reason lings don’t completely fuck the station is they’re too busy absorbing each other for lulz.

• Currently the paralysis stinger costs 3 evolution points, stuns victims for roughly 60-90 seconds, and also silences them. On top of all of this it, along with every other stinger, can be used while stunned.

Changelings start off with 5 evolution points so not only is the paralysis stinger purchasable immediately, it even leaves over 2 extra points for further purchases. That’s way too powerful for something that can be bought immediately, especially during pure changeling rounds where there may be upwards of 5-6 changelings running around with this ability right off the bat. From what I’ve seen the only reason lings don’t completely fuck the station is they’re too busy absorbing each other for lulz.

• @Sleeves1994:

and also silences them.

Nope.

• you got those extra 2 points because you need to buy the silence sting

• I rarely use para sting as I don’t trust it and it reveals me as a changeling to everyone who sees me… even the AI.
    Better kill them off before you eat them… this also works against changelings who are immune to changeling stings.
    These points are better spent at stun recovery or saved till you get 2 absorbs and rush for rapid regeneration making you a god of robust awesomeness and you will never lose a fight in melee weapons.
    And the AI can’t tell if you are a changeling which is quite important so you don’t race into shocked doors all day.

• Someone’s mad because they keep wandering into the matinence tunnels alone and getting stabbed by changeling mc-joe.

• @Vanellope:

I rarely use para sting as I don’t trust it and it reveals me as a changeling to everyone who sees me… even the AI.

Actually para sting reveals nothing to the ai. The only way an AI can technically consider you a changeling is if they see you absorb someone. Its possible to transform using genetics but can be a give away also.

• Just become a Space Lizard, they will get back up before you can get absorbed… Unless you get absorbed on the spot.

• Actually parasting doesnt last that long, its the choking that keeps them paralysed.

• @Lord:

Nope.

It does. I’ve confirmed this on 4 separate occasions both from stinging and being stung.

• You scilence someone with the scilence sting before you hit them with the Paralysis sting.

And the scilence sting is silent, so you don’t know you’ve been stung until you try to talk and can’t.

And the game could have told you this but I guess I have to explain it to you because you’re unable to understand.

• If I’m a ling, I only use paralysis sting when I’m stunned on the ground. Otherwisee, I use other means.

• @Sleeves1994:

It does. I’ve confirmed this on 4 separate occasions both from stinging and being stung.

Except it doesn’t. So no you have not.

• The parasting does not silence them. How do you think most changelings get discovered? -Parastinging someone- “HALP HALP CHANGELING ENGINEERING HALP!!11!” Thats what usually happens to me then I panic miss the silence sting and hit regenerative stasis, then get gibbed while that is happening.

• Reason why I never use parasting. And I love to play against types… changelings are literally unkillable as long as the other one doesn’t know you are one which is why I seriously think of absorbing the changeling who caused the crew to be alerted of changeling presence.

Masquerade is the most important thing if you and your co-changelings wish to survive and its important that everyone plays their part in this to develop a system to undermine the whole station without them noticing.
    And if you steal chloral hydrate to achieve this. I don’t care just try to at least pretend that you don’t plan on just getting to the point where you can death sting everyone.

• @HitManK100:

The parasting does not silence them. How do you think most changelings get discovered? -Parastinging someone- “HALP HALP CHANGELING ENGINEERING HALP!!11!” Thats what usually happens to me then I panic miss the silence sting and hit regenerative stasis, then get gibbed while that is happening.

oh god i hate that

• Game Admins

changeling sucks, can’t think of a way to rebalance it.  stingers are really, really lame and not fun, even for the changeling

• im up for replacing paralysis sting with something like a sleeping toxin, and giving the other fun ones (lsd, blindness,deafness,silence, RANGED STING) a significant boost

• Just don’t use stingers… the crew can’t stop you if they think you are just a griefer or traitor as nobody goes through the trouble of gibbing you when they think you are dead for good… except the chef.
    DON’T MESS WITH THE CHEF

But really using what you can find to kill someone is basically the fun of the game. Guns are indeed strong against anyone who doesn’t have one himself but people get alerted if you use them and try to disarm you once you are out of ammo or busy elsewhere.
    A fire extinquisher can ALWAYS kill and gives the victim the illusion of a fair fight when its actually not also once unconscious they can’t scream for help or shout things like ‘LING!!!’ around

• id like to see changling rounds change from just deahtsting/robusting and absorbing people into a round where changlings play around with the crew by stinging them with every possible sting they got, confusing the crew and causing complete havoc. for the crew changling rounds are not fun at all, you get stung and you cant do jack shit, and only like 3 changlings at best dont use stingers.

but i guess its better than what it used to be on LLA, where you get stung, youre paralyzed for like 2 minutes and unable to speak, plus they used to ban people for “metagaming” (knowing what a changling is, basically) so it was impossible to play as a crewmember and survive

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.