Your IC name: Jordan Diaz
    Your job (syndie?): I was a CMO then
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): Permanent game ban
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: Frog Man
    Reason provided: He banned me for metagaming
    When you were banned: A week ago
    Ban length: Permanent
    Why you think you were banned: I do not have any idea, he did not even speak with me about it, it just came up that I’ve been banned, it maybe was because I started attacking him with polytricic acid, because a friend PDA’ed me and said that Frog Man assaulted him. Then he threw a bath ball on me, and I started attacking him with the thing I had in my hand, then he stunned me with a stun pen, I realised then he was a traitor and did my best to keep away from him, probably that’s why he banned me.
    Why you should be unbanned: Because I had no warnings or anything about this, I think it was unfair. I should atleast get a second chance. This was pure admin abuse and I think they should not perma ban anyone when things goes bad for them.

• Your BYOND Key: Corsai
    Your IC name: Jordan Diaz
    Your job (syndie?): I was a CMO then
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): Permanent game ban
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: Frog Man
    Reason provided: He banned me for metagaming
    When you were banned: A week ago
    Ban length: Permanent
    Why you think you were banned: I do not have any idea, he did not even speak with me about it, it just came up that I’ve been banned, it maybe was because I started attacking him with polytricic acid, because a friend PDA’ed me and said that Frog Man assaulted him. Then he threw a bath ball on me, and I started attacking him with the thing I had in my hand, then he stunned me with a stun pen, I realised then he was a traitor and did my best to keep away from him, probably that’s why he banned me.
    Why you should be unbanned: Because I had no warnings or anything about this, I think it was unfair. I should atleast get a second chance. This was pure admin abuse and I think they should not perma ban anyone when things goes bad for them.

• You and this other diaz guy were metagaming with some other cop I can’t remember the name of. I watched you guys all round run together and “magically” appearing to help the other one out.
    As a way to put the icing on the cake I gave frog man a para pen to test if the other one came of the rescue. Sure did. 
    It even ratted out the third guy who magically announced 10 seconds later on security chat that frog man had a para pen, even thought he was on the other side of the station.

• Excuse me, I was only with William Diaz, and we did not metagame, not that other guy. I don’t really see what we did metagame, nor did I get an explaination, or a warning.

• Sorry atomic, but did you ever think that maybe there was a guy actually watching on the monitors? And did frogman drop the pen at any point? because if i see someone go down and a pen is anywhere nearby, i assume its a parapen. and you said that they would “magically” come to the rescue. Perhaps they are actually just doing what any sane person would, and updating their force with the location of any suspicious activity.

• I asked him about it and he couldn’t come up with a proper response on how he knew about the pen.

• so you are going to keep this guy banned, because someone else couldn’t pull a satisfactory answer? maybe he was metagaming with a ghost. or an observer. or the AI. any number of people. and given that i’ve experienced you being a bad admin, banning me after i made a quip about a dead engineer, i’m inclined to side with any of your victims.

• @torrasque666:

because someone else couldn’t pull a satisfactory answer?

yeah metagaming definitely needs to be judged on a person-by-person basis yup definitely totally completely. Also…

AtomiC even tested for metagaming by giving a guy a parapen in a specific location far away from the case you’re mentioning and suddenly, the guy knew about it. Tell me how that isn’t metagaming please.

maybe he was metagaming with a ghost. or an observer. or the AI. any number of people.

… Which still deserves a permaban. Or maybe you don’t know the definition of metagaming (communicating in-game events from outside of the game to another party).

• the person who i referenced(the ghost/observer/ai) is not the one appealing. Maybe YOU should read the entire thread before making a statement. And in regards to my statement, like i said, maybe there was actually a competent officer watching the monitors. If the assailant is not wearing gloves, nor wielding any visible item(even a flash is visible on the sprite, while a pen is not) and a person goes down, then the first rational thought is(unless dragging to maint occurs) is that it is an antag with a parapen. All i’m saying is unless you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this person really was metagaming, then you need to let them play. For example, can you prove that said security guard was not at the monitors watching for suspicious activity?

• I honestly think I didn’t deserve a permaban, really. I do not see what I did wrong, neither did I get any warning.

• AtomiCal, I’m the officer you banned for ‘metagaming’ I don’t even know these guys but I arrested another traitor. Maybe this was another traitor with a paraly pen because I had searched a guy with the captain’s ID and found a chameleon projector and convicted him for that. Yeah, and I didn’t arrest Frog Man I arrested a quartermaster traitor named Joaim Baer. I was searching Joaim’s backpack and told the warden that he has a paralysis pen that’s when you messaged me about Frog Man which I had no knowledge. So you were asking questions for Frog Man when I was dealing with Joaim. You didn’t give me Frog Man’s name so I was a bit confused why you would message me over an assumption that Joaim, a confirmed traitor, had a paralysis pen in his backpack. Making my answers to your questions equally confused.

• I’ll unban you Emissary the next time I log on. The diaz bans stay.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.