[WIP/RELEASE] eft_spacefield_b1

• I’ve created a new map for the extreme football throwdown gamemode, eft_spacefield_b1 is a basic field out in space with hoop goals and a speedball, although basic cosmetics are pretty good in my mind and its about the size of soccer, of course I don’t have exact measurements but by the looks of things they are about the same size.
    I have tried to score from the middle of the map but because of the size of the hoop and the distance although possible its very hard to align the throw so that’s a plus. Map’s lighting is perfect, the skybox is amazing and the hoop spin on the Y-Axis for something new and somewhat innovating…

PICS:

• I’ve created a new map for the extreme football throwdown gamemode, eft_spacefield_b1 is a basic field out in space with hoop goals and a speedball, although basic cosmetics are pretty good in my mind and its about the size of soccer, of course I don’t have exact measurements but by the looks of things they are about the same size.
    I have tried to score from the middle of the map but because of the size of the hoop and the distance although possible its very hard to align the throw so that’s a plus. Map’s lighting is perfect, the skybox is amazing and the hoop spin on the Y-Axis for something new and somewhat innovating…

PICS:

• The map isn’t fullbright right?

• Does the whole map consist of a flat platform?

• Yes, the map is work in progress so any recommendations are appreciated

• Spend more time on your content and learn from videos and other maps that use similar theme.

• my intentions was that this map was going to be just a standard football field in space using hoops instead of end zones but i might add some ramps and stuff on the sides

• im not sure what type of hazards to add since you can already fall off the edge

• Add some holes in the floor or some shit also some platforms that you can jump on to evade people. I would take out the speed ball too seems pretty unnecessary

• Honestly that metal texture looks really ugly and shitty. Try to find a better texture that doesn’t look too repetitive or make a custom one.

• I’d go into detail but I’d basically be addressing the same issues every thread. I’ll just say some problems with it.

-Too flat, no cover at all (biggest problem)
    -No lighting or shading
    -Metal texture looks ugly and it’s the only texture on the map
    -Less of a problem with the map, but you seem to be pumping maps out too fast, and they’re all mediocre (aka spend more time on your maps until you’re pleased with it)

Also maybe since it’s in space you could adjust the gravity, just don’t overdo it.

• @GumADum:

Also maybe since it’s in space you could adjust the gravity, just don’t overdo it.

That would be interesting

• 1. Change Textures
    2. Make Holes/ Platforms to jump onto
    3. Adjust Gravity (that would be fucking awesome)
    4. Add Shading
    5. I’ll try to add cover

The thing with the texture is that it is custom,
    I just grabbed it off Google images and i was looking for a image that wasn’t too bright/dark

Thanks for the advice, i’ll try to make it real ;)

• Anyone have good ideas for textures, just send me the link of a picture and i can import them in and see what i can do, Thanks

• Textures are the least of your problems.

• …at the moment, im working on it as we speak

• One thing you’ll definitely need is some ambient music, keep at it though and I’m sure you’ll make a fantastic space map.

• @ritzbits:

One thing you’ll definitely need is some ambient music, keep at it though and I’m sure you’ll make a fantastic space map.

I was look for custom skyboxes and when this skybox appeared i thought to myself, Hey EFT has no space maps so I should make one, I’ll try to come up with some cool space music.

• Ok I’ve added a middle bridge thing, little glass spawn rooms, lighting, 50% gravity and I kept the textures because they aren’t horrible i find them just fine

One thing i have noticed: gravity makes increases mobility tremendously and there’s no fall damage,
    But one thing to note is that when you tackle someone they literally fly into space its crazy and when you get into the mashing buttons instance i could only imagine how far that dude would fly xD.
    Also i need ideas on space music… so thats that

• This is what happens as an example of a punch and gravity:
    (I just had to add that caption)

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.