Mapping additions for zombie survival

• prop_physics - Changes to modify human barricade scenarios to fit a location, especially useful for objective maps to create unique situations
    Keyvalues:

• prop_barricadehealth <number> - Allows you to manually set a prop’s starting health when nailed, if not set, it is default

• prop_barricadehealthrepair <number> - Allows you to manually set a prop’s repair health when nailed, if not set it is default, if 0 it is not repairable

logic_barricade - Changes to modify a map’s difficulty based on barricade health

• barricadehealthscale <number, 6.0 being the default barricade health size scale - like zs_barricadehealthvolumefactor server convar>

(new) logic_nails - Allows the map to ‘pop’ nails when activated, nails will fly out of the barricade and potentially hit any humans - the prop will act as if it had been broken by zombies; useful for objective maps or other situations where humans should move on
    Outputs:

• activate <prop targetname> - Causes a barricade to longer function (nails pop) when called

logic_auto - Changes to modify a map’s difficulty, similar to server convars but executed through the map solely for that map

• SetWaveOneZombies <number, 0.10000 being the default - like zs_waveonezombies server convar>

Barnacle NPC - though I recognize that zombie survival focuses on multiplayer between humans and zombies, I see barnacles as unique elements to enhance gameplay on maps - as static obstacles, they provide less of a challenge than player-controlled zombies, but nonetheless they are useful when placed correctly - they also tie in with theme (existent in zs_obj_enervation and zs_bms_offices)

• barnacle health boost (via some sort of lua implementation or other server cvar workaround like sk_barnacle_health in skill.cfg) - 185 health compared to the default 35

• prop_physics - Changes to modify human barricade scenarios to fit a location, especially useful for objective maps to create unique situations
    Keyvalues:

• prop_barricadehealth <number> - Allows you to manually set a prop’s starting health when nailed, if not set, it is default

• prop_barricadehealthrepair <number> - Allows you to manually set a prop’s repair health when nailed, if not set it is default, if 0 it is not repairable

logic_barricade - Changes to modify a map’s difficulty based on barricade health

• barricadehealthscale <number, 6.0 being the default barricade health size scale - like zs_barricadehealthvolumefactor server convar>

(new) logic_nails - Allows the map to ‘pop’ nails when activated, nails will fly out of the barricade and potentially hit any humans - the prop will act as if it had been broken by zombies; useful for objective maps or other situations where humans should move on
    Outputs:

• activate <prop targetname> - Causes a barricade to longer function (nails pop) when called

logic_auto - Changes to modify a map’s difficulty, similar to server convars but executed through the map solely for that map

• SetWaveOneZombies <number, 0.10000 being the default - like zs_waveonezombies server convar>

Barnacle NPC - though I recognize that zombie survival focuses on multiplayer between humans and zombies, I see barnacles as unique elements to enhance gameplay on maps - as static obstacles, they provide less of a challenge than player-controlled zombies, but nonetheless they are useful when placed correctly - they also tie in with theme (existent in zs_obj_enervation and zs_bms_offices)

• barnacle health boost (via some sort of lua implementation or other server cvar workaround like sk_barnacle_health in skill.cfg) - 185 health compared to the default 35

• @ritzbits:

Barnacle NPC

I think they would be way too annoying for the players when ever the framerate Is low or the internet connection is shit.

• I think you’re wrong because barnacles are rad.

Also they encourage communication and teamwork.

• Just add less or more props to make a barricade weaker or stronger.
    Flying nails were tried before and aren’t happening again.
    Barnacles are NPCs. NPCs crash the game after a while of being there.

• actually, for logic_nails, I meant it as a way for the map to force a barricade to break all by itself, forcing humans to leave that barricade - the flying nails were just a feature.

• @JetBoom:

Barnacles are NPCs. NPCs crash the game after a while of being there.

There’ve not been any problems with the maps that currently have them.  Is this because they’re always killed early in the game?

• They have a pretty simple function. Couldn’t you just “make” one for a map?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.