Unband request

• Your BYOND Key: Ecolli along with Sousplicer, and Adderexia(I think that’s his log in)
    Your IC name: Ecolli=Ecolli Zorn/ sousplicer=Ebolla button/ Adderexia=Alex zorn
    Your job (syndie?):CMO
    Your ban (chat? job? game?):permaban
    Your previous bans:none for any of us, not to mention it was theyre 1st game ever.
    Who banned you:oxki
    Reason provided: he banned me and 3 other guys I play with for "meta gameing"
    When you were banned: July 13th of 14th I think
    Ban length:perma
    Why you think you were banned: My buddy was tazed and thrown into a genetics tube. My character IN GAME heard the shot since CMO office is next to genetics so when I came in and told him to let Alex out he banned all of us. (Ebolla had followed behind me when I went in to investigate)
    Why you should be unbanned: I role play and I don’t metagame hardly ever. I was simply showing my 3 friends the game for the literal 1st time so when Alex got thrown into the tube, yeah, I went in there and was like dafuq? I am sorry and would understand band for a few day but a perma ban for all of us for a 1st offense is over the top =/

• Your BYOND Key: Ecolli along with Sousplicer, and Adderexia(I think that’s his log in)
    Your IC name: Ecolli=Ecolli Zorn/ sousplicer=Ebolla button/ Adderexia=Alex zorn
    Your job (syndie?):CMO
    Your ban (chat? job? game?):permaban
    Your previous bans:none for any of us, not to mention it was theyre 1st game ever.
    Who banned you:oxki
    Reason provided: he banned me and 3 other guys I play with for "meta gameing"
    When you were banned: July 13th of 14th I think
    Ban length:perma
    Why you think you were banned: My buddy was tazed and thrown into a genetics tube. My character IN GAME heard the shot since CMO office is next to genetics so when I came in and told him to let Alex out he banned all of us. (Ebolla had followed behind me when I went in to investigate)
    Why you should be unbanned: I role play and I don’t metagame hardly ever. I was simply showing my 3 friends the game for the literal 1st time so when Alex got thrown into the tube, yeah, I went in there and was like dafuq? I am sorry and would understand band for a few day but a perma ban for all of us for a 1st offense is over the top =/

• Are you sure you didn’t communicate OUT of the game? I’m pretty sure you guys stay together all the time without talking.

• Playing with real life friends is a real problem in this game and these strict bans against metagaming are the thing that prevents me from bringing friends to this game… this and because our teamwork would probably break the game and turn the game into a mecha arena or something.

You should be very careful when bringing friends to the game

• Uh huh, so you somehow managed to pinpoint the exact source of the shot from your office when there are several other rooms nearby, you load a syringe gun and then go straight up to oxki and ask him “whats going on here”. Meanwhile your chemist friend runs to genetics is waiting outside in the corridor(because he doesnt have access).

When we asked your atmos tech friend why you were metagaming he answered with “im new sorry”.

• @DR.:

When we asked your atmos tech friend why you were metagaming he answered with “im new sorry”.

wowowowow

A newbie playing atmos tech? What the fuuu

Also this sounds like an obvious metagame case.

• @DR.:

Uh huh, so you somehow managed to pinpoint the exact source of the shot from your office when there are several other rooms nearby,

Yeah because a research lab that allows people to gain superpowers, saves people from death AND gives the chef some business is unimportant and should definitely not be checked out first.

• I have to agree with commandhat. when i’m cmo and i hear shit going on, unless i can see it right out side of my office, i check the morgue, and then genetics, followed by chems.

• I do apologize for my friends. It was literally theyre first time playing so they didn’t know how not to metagame even tho I was trying to explain. so yes…we are all guilty of metagaming but a perma ban on me and a bunch of 1st timers is harsh that’s all. give em like a 5 day ban so they can learn a lesson and get back in there. Only reason I had em sittin next to me (IRL) was so I could teach em how to play. They don’t typically come over to my house.

And yes…I said before, I was meta gameing a bit cuz I heard the shot then my buddy Alex said “im being locked ina genetics tube” so I ran in there to see what was goin on.

All im getitn at is a PERMA ban for trying to show a game to some friends is excessive that’s all, please give us a 5 day or something so we can come back and play on Nox. We have not had history of causing issues before and being this is my first ban I feel it shouldn’t be perma. =/

• @DR.:

Uh huh, so you somehow managed to pinpoint the exact source of the shot from your office when there are several other rooms nearby, you load a syringe gun and then go straight up to oxki and ask him “whats going on here”. Meanwhile your chemist friend runs to genetics is waiting outside in the corridor(because he doesnt have access).

He was new…shit he didn’t even know how to put on clothes we he got banned for “metagameing”. the guy in atmos was locked in a room at the time of the incident so im not really sure why he got banned along with us. he doesn’t like the game so doesn’t really matter for his account.

• @torrasque666:

I have to agree with commandhat. when i’m cmo and i hear shit going on, unless i can see it right out side of my office, i check the morgue, and then genetics, followed by chems.

Unless its some sort of tazer like 30 seconds into the game. Ive been in this situation before were a syndic tried to kill a MD like a few mins into the game and I heard  the shot and went to investigate and found him takeing the dudes ID card in the breakroom south of CMO’s office.

…but yes, I confessed already that I was metagameing a bit cuz Alex told me he was being locked ina tube so I went to see what was goin on. I apologize again, the only reason why it went down that way was because it was literally they’re 1st game EVER and I was tryin to teach em the basics. I guess I should’ve taken em to a empty server or something but that’s the gift of hindsight.

Im not saying Im in the right, Im simply saying a perma ban for a 1st offense not to mention taking into account the situation I just explained, is a lil harsh that’s all.

• See the problem with metagaming is it can be extremely hard to detect, especially if the ones metagaming know that you’re trying to catch them doing it and have half a brain, which is why when we catch someone metagaming the punishment is harsh.

also i would like to point out that there was no blood left on the floor, and no other evidence of what had taken place, and he still asked what was going on in there without checking any of the other rooms.

• You are still tryin to prove I was metagameing. I’ve admitted to it and have apologized. I usually don’t meta game and have left friends to die in the room next to me cuz my character “didn’t know” but in this situation I was trying to show my buds how to play and was simply trying to not have Alex die in the 1st 2 mins of the game. I deserve punishment but not perma ban. This is a 1st offense and the situation of my friends 1st game should also be taken into account.

please reconsider changing Alex, Ebolla, and my self to the 5 day ban or something. If I didn’t respect the Nox server I would just say fuck it and go to another server but I like you guys and wish to continue to play with ya.

• You came in the room and said, "My buddy said you were hurting him."
    Bam, busted, gg.

• Does anyone READ what Im posting? I said IM GUILTY, Im simply stating that a perma ban on a first offense along with the situation of me trying to show my friends the game for the 1st time is harsh. Just give me a 5 day ban or something and be done with it.

I didn’t grief, troll, argue, cuss or anything. so I don’t understand why you guys are so quick with the Ban-Hammer.

• I banned one of your friends for a week because he said he was new, and I’ve never seen him before. You, on the other hand, have played this server for quite a while so you should have known about this rule. I’m gonna set the ban to 2 or 3 weeks. Metagaming really fucks up people’s rounds, especially when there’s four of you.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.