Scripting…

• Hello,

Seeing as this is the offical ZS gamemode website I thought I’d post this here. I have a server and would to know how I could give certain players extra benefits. I barely know a thing about lua (I know how to work with it some, but I’m trying to learn how to code it.) What I am thinking is I’d like to be able to have certain players start with more nails from the beginning, have a certain % off the store, and have these players do more damage (like 10% more). This would help me a lot for my server.

• Hunter

EDIT: I probably should have made myself more clear. I am starting a Zombie Survival server and would like to know if anybody has an idea how I can implement these things.

• Hello,

Seeing as this is the offical ZS gamemode website I thought I’d post this here. I have a server and would to know how I could give certain players extra benefits. I barely know a thing about lua (I know how to work with it some, but I’m trying to learn how to code it.) What I am thinking is I’d like to be able to have certain players start with more nails from the beginning, have a certain % off the store, and have these players do more damage (like 10% more). This would help me a lot for my server.

• Hunter

EDIT: I probably should have made myself more clear. I am starting a Zombie Survival server and would like to know if anybody has an idea how I can implement these things.

• Donate 5$ for more nails that you don’t know how to use and more damage!

• don’t worry about all that, what you need to do is add npc zombies

• Nobody here is going to help you ruin the gamemode.

• @JetBoom:

Nobody here is going to help you ruin the gamemode.

I’m not trying to ruin the gamemode. My idea is to have something for people to donate for. Your gamemode is excellent and I would like to be able to sustain a server of my own with it. Which I need donations for, but some people seem to not donate unless there is some kind of reward. I’ll look at other ways I can get people to donate for if this will unbalance the gamemode too much.

• @Wit_Huntybee:

I’m not trying to ruin the gamemode. My idea is to have something for people to donate for. Your gamemode is excellent and I would like to be able to sustain a server of my own with it. Which I need donations for, but some people seem to not donate unless there is some kind of reward. I’ll look at other ways I can get people to donate for if this will unbalance the gamemode too much.

That’s how you kill a server though. Letting people pay to get a noticeable advantage?

• @Sally:

That’s how you kill a server though. Letting people pay to get a noticeable advantage?

I’m not trying to make it too noticeable. Like I said, it would only be about 10% (Which I know can be a decent amount in some situations.) I was just looking around and see that TPSGaming already has something like this, but to even more of an extent. I will look around for other ways of rewards without unbalancing the game at all.

• @Wit_Huntybee:

Hello,

Seeing as this is the offical ZS gamemode website I thought I’d post this here. I have a server and would to know how I could give certain players extra benefits. I barely know a thing about lua (I know how to work with it some, but I’m trying to learn how to code it.) What I am thinking is I’d like to be able to have certain players start with more nails from the beginning, have a certain % off the store, and have these players do more damage (like 10% more).

This would help me a lot for my server.

How not to run a server.

• Basically what you said

There’s a reason why NoXiousNet is self sustainable and has been around since 2006. Look at our donation page http://www.noxiousnet.com/donations.php
    We don’t have anything changing the way you play the gamemode. We only have cosmetic items and things not affecting the gamemode you play.

People who feel that they have to pay to get an advantage will just leave and go to another server where it’s equal. (don’t tell me that “it won’t matter that much” because its the concept of paying for power that is my point)

• Yes, I understand your point. I also run another server where I don’t allow paying for power. I probably will just add a pointshop as I have in my other server. Thank you for the help.

• Hunter

• Doesn’t matter what kind of delusion you have going here but paying for anything but cosmetics is the dumbest thing you could possibly do.

• @Wit_Huntybee:

I was just looking around and see that TPSGaming already has something like this, but to even more of an extent.

Sending take down notices to host when I get a chance.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.