The New Map

• I like this new map, I do.

But with all the glitches, I feel it’s better to revert back to the old one until metastation is fixed.
    I mean, disposals is fucked, in permabrig there’s this random invisible wall between the cells, roboticists have access to R&D for some random reason, nuke ops sometimes start in the wrong position and many more.

Does everyone else agree that we should go back to the old station until metastation is fixed? Thoughts?

• I like this new map, I do.

But with all the glitches, I feel it’s better to revert back to the old one until metastation is fixed.
    I mean, disposals is fucked, in permabrig there’s this random invisible wall between the cells, roboticists have access to R&D for some random reason, nuke ops sometimes start in the wrong position and many more.

Does everyone else agree that we should go back to the old station until metastation is fixed? Thoughts?

• These things will be discovered and fixed by playing the map.

Roboticists were given R&D access because a lot of research benefit robotics.

• Fix the glitches, add flushers to brig, re-add thermals for detective and health potion pills for Captain, and I’ll like this map as much as the old map.

• Invisible walls are the telescreens, they are in engineering and atmos as well. they should just be placed on the wall instead of on the floor with their sprite coordinates moved. The difficulty of fixing the broken stuff is trivial.

• @DR.:

Invisible walls are the telescreens, they are in engineering and atmos as well. they should just be placed on the wall instead of on the floor with their sprite coordinates moved.

Then people would be able to access the cameras behind walls or at angles they aren’t intended to. That is nothing new, but for whatever reason the telescreens have density. That’s already been fixed for the map update.

• Any time on when we can expect the map update?

• Before the rapture.

• So ive been away for a few months. Is this new map here to stay? Its all kind of overwhelming. Everything feels like its changed.

Any new game modes or important things i should know about?

• uh
    the map changed again
    uh
    that’s it

• Traitor bundles now come with an Illith which pretty much is a brain eating squid thing.

• Alright, well, I haven’t been here in a while but see the Nox is still running MetaStation, though I can’t tell how old the version is. Seems to be from a good while back, however.

If it interests anyone, this is the latest version:

Latest Version: MetaStation v34F, as of 11/08/2013

More information in the thread and on the new wiki page.

• The station is still awful for the AI. Some very important doors can’t be seen by it.

• Which are they? There shouldn’t be any in the latest version, at least.

• Problem with the ai is the core is easier to break into than the upload. Thanks to the space tiles, two doors and the entrance’s placement in a busy corridor, its much easier to break into chemistry (because of the lack of rwalls) and make thermite to break down the two rwalls surrounding the core. players have stopped trying to reset a subverted ai’s laws instead just immediately break into the core and kill it.

• We should give the AI either a decent defense system or just relocate it into a satellite into space.

• @Vanellope:

We should give the AI either a decent defense system or just relocate it into a satellite into space.

This used to be a thing, actually. In the very old maps, that is.

• I would find it much easier to kill an AI or capture it if it were on it’s own satellite

• Yeah, sec can’t really go into space quick enough to stop you.

• @ninjablooper:

Yeah, sec can’t really go into space quick enough to stop you.

You actually think security would be the first responders to an AI being killed.
    Do you even play SS13?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.