Hassan Al-Sabbah permaban for metagaming

• Your BYOND Key:                        FunkTechOperative
    Your IC name:                            Hassan Al-Sabbah
    Your job (syndie?):                      Don’t know which round it was.
    Your ban (chat? job? game?):      Game
    Your previous bans:                    None
    Who banned you:                        Warrage
    Reason provided:                        METAGAMING
    When you were banned:              Today
    Ban length:                                Perma
    Why you think you were banned:  METAGAMING
    Why you should be unbanned:      I didn’t. I would like to see the explanation for my METAGAME and afterwards disprove it.

Yeah so when I tried to join Nox tonight a friendly PERMABAN FOR METAGAMING message appeared. I don’t even know for which game and for what I got this. It would really help if you badmins could add in more explanation regarding my permaban since I don’t know what to say here right now.

• Your BYOND Key:                        FunkTechOperative
    Your IC name:                            Hassan Al-Sabbah
    Your job (syndie?):                      Don’t know which round it was.
    Your ban (chat? job? game?):      Game
    Your previous bans:                    None
    Who banned you:                        Warrage
    Reason provided:                        METAGAMING
    When you were banned:              Today
    Ban length:                                Perma
    Why you think you were banned:  METAGAMING
    Why you should be unbanned:      I didn’t. I would like to see the explanation for my METAGAME and afterwards disprove it.

Yeah so when I tried to join Nox tonight a friendly PERMABAN FOR METAGAMING message appeared. I don’t even know for which game and for what I got this. It would really help if you badmins could add in more explanation regarding my permaban since I don’t know what to say here right now.

• Okay I just read Chicago Ted’s unban request and saw “It was fairly obvious that you and Hassan were metagaming.” by Oxki. Hi Oxki. First of all, I know Chicago Ted’s in game character and we sometimes do stuff together in game and hes one of the few people I trust. We do some stuff together when we see each other on the PDA messages list. I guess I was banned for the same reason Ted got banned though still don’t know whats the METAGAMING part in it.

During that round I was chemist and I wanted to try putting polyacid inside a bottle of booze and breaking it over someones head to see what would happen. I found Chicago Ted playing around with the shield generator thing. I proposed to break it on his head to see how much damage it would do. He agreed and took off his helmet. I broke it on his head then he said that it did some damage. I told him to wait and I went back in to chemistry to get some meds. When I got back, there was no Chicago Ted and blood trails were leading to maintenance to a small room. I followed the blood trails to a welded closet (HARDCORE METAGAME HERE). I brought him back to medbay and healed him up. He said Cherry something parapenned him. Cherry something began moving around genetics up and down nervously. During this I kept shouting on the radio but nobody came in to help. Ted went into Cryo. Then I saw Cherry hitting Ted with an esword in front of Cryo things. I egunned her and killed her with her esword ( I had captains ID and e gun since I broke in his office earlier). Then a RIPLEY came in and gibbed her.

So I guess you guys were shouting OH GOD LOOK AT THAT METAGAME BAN HE because I followed the blood trails into a closet and found Chicago Ted with whom I sometimes have mutual relationships. Well here’s your explanation. Also during that round a traitor killed me and hid me in a closet. After that he erased the blood trails with magic by merely looking at them. I now realize that you did that because you thought Ted and I were metagaming and Ted would find my body because I would send him a message from facebook/twitter/messenger/ICQ/MIRC saying OMG IM KILLED COME GET ME FROM THE LOCKER. I quit that round afterwards and I dont know what else happened afterwards but  if he really did find my body there he deserves a medal not a ban.

• These guys really aren’t metagaming just actually pay attention to shit

• Denied unless other two admins say otherwise

• @Funktechoperative:

still don’t know whats the METAGAMING part in it.

Ted would find my body because I would send him a message from facebook/twitter/messenger/ICQ/MIRC saying OMG IM KILLED COME GET ME FROM THE LOCKER.

Metagaming is sharing in-character knowledge outside of the game with another player. It doesn’t matter if it’s harmless (e.g. I just saw the clown slip someone hahah), it’s still metagaming. Example, calling someone on Skype and asking them to find your body in Hydroponics and revive it.

• @commandhat:

Metagaming is sharing in-character knowledge outside of the game with another player. It doesn’t matter if it’s harmless (e.g. I just saw the clown slip someone hahah), it’s still metagaming. Example, calling someone on Skype and asking them to find your body in Hydroponics and revive it.

You get that part you quoted was sarcasm describing a hypothetical situation right

Denied unless other two admins say otherwise

The fuck is this, what’s the proof this guy is metagaming? These two have been on the server for ages it’s unsurprising they’d eventually share some sort of relationship. FunkTechOperative has been playing for a fucklong while and this is literally his only offense ever, I seriously doubt this guy was metagaming.

We all know the only reason anyone bothered looking into this is because Cherry (drzoidcrab) got killed while he was playing a traitor in a circumstance that he thought was safe and there’d be no way he could be caught.

• Ok you must know better then oxki zoidcrab and me that were ingame. And seen everything, also the part where one of them was strapped down on a table knocked out without saying anything and the other guy running in with a energy gun ready to fire in the room. But no you know better :)

Zoidcrab was sent to abuduct him and hide him knocking him out so he dosent know where he is, he hid him in the left corner of the map. The other guy not knowing the exact location of the hidden maintence went looking around the left where he had access then went back to the point of abduction and whipped out a caps spare id to go look for him there. Also the blood trail was leading to the right not the left but he decided to take the left anyway.

For reference heres the picture. L = dropped cap’s laser gun B= blood Arrow = The way he went.

• Your picture is wrong blood trails were drawing a L towards the entrance on the left.

• Also there was no captain’s laser gun there.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.