Ban Appeal/Admin Complaint

• Your BYOND Key: Twhite147

Your IC name: Tyler Black

Your job (syndie?): No

Your ban (chat? job? game?):Game

Your previous bans: Cannot remember but there are a few

Who banned you: panasonicp2

Reason provided: Killing in retaliation rather than self defence. Flooding the room with N2O in the process. .

When you were banned: 7/5/2013 ~3:30PM

Ban length: 1440 minutes

Why you think you were banned:

Admin made an unfair assumption of the situation

I will provide the dialogue between us;

1. Admin PM from-Panasonicp2: Why did you kill Mike?

2. PM to-Admins: He tried killing me first, he’s probably just mad that i retaliated and won

3. Admin PM from-Panasonicp2: Killing you is kind of overrated. He hit you with a welding torch just once and you also flooded the room with gas in the process.

4. Admin PM from-Panasonicp2: I suggest responding.

5. PM to-Admins: that was because i ran away, he chased after me tried to kill me, it’s not my fault he’s not good. As for the gas, I had no weapon on me at the time to combat him with so i released the gas to knock him down

6. PM to-Admins: Also Jaren IV (sp?) killed me right after??? i have no idea why, i helped him up then he choked me to death….

7. Admin PM from-Panasonicp2: That was legit. And why did you break into atmos in the first place?

8. PM to-Admins: Well there was an atmos tech in arrivals who was brain dead. I just took his card because I wanted to be a tech and didnt feel like going through the whole dance with the HoP. I have alot of experience with atmos and my intention was not to grief

9. Admin PM from-Panasonicp2: Not to grief? That just closed the door. Come back tomorrow and try better than that.

10. PM to-Admins: you’re kidding right? how does that close the door

11. PM to-Admins: I said not to grief because I know people do that in atmos!!! Im trying to reassure you that I was not here to grief. You can’t ban me off your assumption!!

12. You have been banned by panasonicp2.
    Reason: Killing in retaliation rather than self defence. Flooding the room with N2O in the process. .

Why you should be unbanned:

I think the admin was incredibly rude and short with me and banned me because he wanted to assume my intention was to grief. I think banning me for that was not right and would appreciate being unbanned.

My interpretation/explanations of the convo:

Line 3: The player hit me with a welding torched and I ran in order to not get killed as is what I would do naturally if someone was trying to kill me. The player hit the floor numerous times in an attempt to kill me, fortunately for me I was quick enough to evade him. The fact that the admin is undermining my claims is incredibly rude, who is he to tell me that the player did not try to kill me when i was clearly chased by the player. I flooded the room with gas because at the time it seemed the most viable and effective defense against the player, seeing as to how i had no other effective weapons. Plus, I knew i could have scrubbed any toxin I would have released very quickly.

Line 4: This admin wrote this while I was still typing my response. He was short with me and I found it rude that he didn’t allow me time to give him my detailed explanation of events; line 5 was what i could write quickly because i feared the admin would have banned me without allowing me time to respond

Line 6: As you can see I was not there to grief because i <tried> to HELP someone up to escape the gas. The killing was legit and though I was not happy about it, it’s part of the game and I understand it

Line 8: This is my only fault in this incident, I stole an ID from a brain dead. I knew it was not right and would have understood punishment for that (though a ban seems extreme) Also i stated my purpose was NOT to grief because don’t you guys have a rule about not lying to admins? I said that to reassure him that i was indeed NOT a griefer that way he could know my honest intention.

Line 9: I believe the admin assumed that I was a griefer just because I said I was not one….<makes sense…> This is absolutely ridiculous and the admin didn’t even care to explain his reasoning only that I would have to “try harder than that.” What that admin said was rude and short and I did not feel I was deserving of that treatment seeing how i was honest with him and did nothing to disrespect said admin. My subsequent responses were me trying to get a response from the admin as to why it “closed the door” on that conversation.

This admin was rude and not operating at a quality that I would expect from an admin. Im not looking for anything amazing but i would appreciate that this admin “grow up” and not issue punishments based off his/her assumptions of the situation

Thank you for allowing me the chance to appeal my ban and for the time you put in going over my appeal. Also thanks for the awesome server!

• Your BYOND Key: Twhite147

Your IC name: Tyler Black

Your job (syndie?): No

Your ban (chat? job? game?):Game

Your previous bans: Cannot remember but there are a few

Who banned you: panasonicp2

Reason provided: Killing in retaliation rather than self defence. Flooding the room with N2O in the process. .

When you were banned: 7/5/2013 ~3:30PM

Ban length: 1440 minutes

Why you think you were banned:

Admin made an unfair assumption of the situation

I will provide the dialogue between us;

1. Admin PM from-Panasonicp2: Why did you kill Mike?

2. PM to-Admins: He tried killing me first, he’s probably just mad that i retaliated and won

3. Admin PM from-Panasonicp2: Killing you is kind of overrated. He hit you with a welding torch just once and you also flooded the room with gas in the process.

4. Admin PM from-Panasonicp2: I suggest responding.

5. PM to-Admins: that was because i ran away, he chased after me tried to kill me, it’s not my fault he’s not good. As for the gas, I had no weapon on me at the time to combat him with so i released the gas to knock him down

6. PM to-Admins: Also Jaren IV (sp?) killed me right after??? i have no idea why, i helped him up then he choked me to death….

7. Admin PM from-Panasonicp2: That was legit. And why did you break into atmos in the first place?

8. PM to-Admins: Well there was an atmos tech in arrivals who was brain dead. I just took his card because I wanted to be a tech and didnt feel like going through the whole dance with the HoP. I have alot of experience with atmos and my intention was not to grief

9. Admin PM from-Panasonicp2: Not to grief? That just closed the door. Come back tomorrow and try better than that.

10. PM to-Admins: you’re kidding right? how does that close the door

11. PM to-Admins: I said not to grief because I know people do that in atmos!!! Im trying to reassure you that I was not here to grief. You can’t ban me off your assumption!!

12. You have been banned by panasonicp2.
    Reason: Killing in retaliation rather than self defence. Flooding the room with N2O in the process. .

Why you should be unbanned:

I think the admin was incredibly rude and short with me and banned me because he wanted to assume my intention was to grief. I think banning me for that was not right and would appreciate being unbanned.

My interpretation/explanations of the convo:

Line 3: The player hit me with a welding torched and I ran in order to not get killed as is what I would do naturally if someone was trying to kill me. The player hit the floor numerous times in an attempt to kill me, fortunately for me I was quick enough to evade him. The fact that the admin is undermining my claims is incredibly rude, who is he to tell me that the player did not try to kill me when i was clearly chased by the player. I flooded the room with gas because at the time it seemed the most viable and effective defense against the player, seeing as to how i had no other effective weapons. Plus, I knew i could have scrubbed any toxin I would have released very quickly.

Line 4: This admin wrote this while I was still typing my response. He was short with me and I found it rude that he didn’t allow me time to give him my detailed explanation of events; line 5 was what i could write quickly because i feared the admin would have banned me without allowing me time to respond

Line 6: As you can see I was not there to grief because i <tried> to HELP someone up to escape the gas. The killing was legit and though I was not happy about it, it’s part of the game and I understand it

Line 8: This is my only fault in this incident, I stole an ID from a brain dead. I knew it was not right and would have understood punishment for that (though a ban seems extreme) Also i stated my purpose was NOT to grief because don’t you guys have a rule about not lying to admins? I said that to reassure him that i was indeed NOT a griefer that way he could know my honest intention.

Line 9: I believe the admin assumed that I was a griefer just because I said I was not one….<makes sense…> This is absolutely ridiculous and the admin didn’t even care to explain his reasoning only that I would have to “try harder than that.” What that admin said was rude and short and I did not feel I was deserving of that treatment seeing how i was honest with him and did nothing to disrespect said admin. My subsequent responses were me trying to get a response from the admin as to why it “closed the door” on that conversation.

This admin was rude and not operating at a quality that I would expect from an admin. Im not looking for anything amazing but i would appreciate that this admin “grow up” and not issue punishments based off his/her assumptions of the situation

Thank you for allowing me the chance to appeal my ban and for the time you put in going over my appeal. Also thanks for the awesome server!

• Just realized that under my job I put “no” As in no i was not a syndie. I realized you guys were not asking if I was antag or not but what my actual in game job is.

In Game Job: Assistant

• You’re appealing a 24h ban.

• Assuming that you guys keep records he probably doesn’t want it on there as being banned.

• Yes I don’t want it to be on my record and isn’t that the point to ban appeals??? I should be able to appeal a bad ban no matter what the ban length is…

• @http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=16659.0:

• Do not post unban requests for bans less than three (3) days old. That means don’t post about bans instated less than 3 days ago. You may contact Zetanor or DoctorDrew via PM or e-mail at any time if the ban was abusive or excessive.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.