Engineering&Singularity

• Ok, so we all know Engineers love to fuck up the station by not setting up Singularity, and all. So I propose an Idea that I know may sound extreme, and willl be hated hated, but who cares. How about Engineering being bolted down until singularity is running? I know C can do lockdown, but theres still the north maintence tunnel. Lets say once the Singualrity is up, the lockdown deactivates or something. OR anything would be nice.

• Ok, so we all know Engineers love to fuck up the station by not setting up Singularity, and all. So I propose an Idea that I know may sound extreme, and willl be hated hated, but who cares. How about Engineering being bolted down until singularity is running? I know C can do lockdown, but theres still the north maintence tunnel. Lets say once the Singualrity is up, the lockdown deactivates or something. OR anything would be nice.

• I find it a weird idea… But I think you should add like a S.C.S/S.A.S Module to prevent the Particle Acc. going overboard and make it Lvl4/3 Sing off the bat… Maybe add a device to similar to the emitter that shrinks it or destroy the singularity?

• Or we just ban the engineers who take the hardsuits and fuck off leaving the engine in pieces.

• I don’t want to see engineers getting rewarded for their laziness by getting cool stuff that supports them in their lazy attempts. Just beat the engineers who aren’t working into crit and steal their hard suit. Now you got their attention. If the whole crew is about to lynch them for not caring about the power they start to set up the power to save their ass.

Engineering works fine. Its just that after its set up every single engineer gets lost in space or worse leaving the singularity at the mercy of assistants/captain/clown/HoP/people who visit HoP and whats the worst: The AI
    It takes about 10 minutes for the singularity to derail itself if sabotaged which means that regular checks on it can prevent an evacuation.

If the singularity is eating the station it is YOUR fault as its your job to make sure it doesn’t happen.

Locking down engineering is a bad idea as engineers are pretty creative at avoiding work. They will either space themselves, hack their way out or break a wall. I have even seen engineers who murdered each other over the hard suits.
    Also at any given time one engineer might be a changeling which turns engineering into a closed circle of death.

• heres a better idea

“Stop using the shitty singularity engine which was never meant to be a full time engine and start using TEGS like in ye olden days”

• Just allow people to robust engineers on sight until the singulos is set up.

Whenever the singulos is off, every engineer is a free game.

• just get rid of the sing engine entirely and opt for a nuclear generator

• heh if sabotaged blows up station

• or at least taking a siazble chunk out of it, but to sabotage it you gotta emag a lot of shit and then set the settings to high and let it sit for like a minute

oh and alarms should go off like crazy all over the station because hey, you only got a minute before you either die in nuclear hellfire or someone manages to fix it

• I don’t want to look for a new deity to pray to so Lord Singulo STAYS! End.

• its lord singuloth to you mortal

• But its the Singulo Spinning Toy.
    Anyway… the lord hungers and can’t be replaced by some nuclear engine that just wouldn’t be as fun as it currently is.

Never stop trying to harness dangerous energy that is what science is all about.

• Cargo and/or chapel.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.