Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Syndicate unban request

• Your BYOND Key: MetalGearXM
    Your IC name: Jeff Hedron
    Your job (syndie?): Syndicate
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): Game
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: drzoidcrab
    Reason provided: “Metagaming with RunAwayScientist”
    When you were banned: around 9:20 PM GMT -8:00 on 7/1
    Ban length: “PERMANENT”
    Why you think you were banned: When the syndicate round started, I was syndicate and I said something along the lines of, “Hey I’m going to talk to the quartermaster to see if he’ll help us out. Yeah he’s going to help us out.” Then I was banned for metagaming
    Why you should be unbanned: No metagaming ever took place. I had said that as a ruse so while security was distracted at QM, I would be in Engineering messing stuff up. None of the syndicate actually went to go to Quartermaster, though, so the original plan fell through, and I also did not go to QM. In fact I was never close to the Quartermaster. Regardless because of what I said, about 10 or 15 minutes later while I was all by myself (I was by myself the entire round, other than on the syndicate ship), I get the message “Good Bye.” And then I’m banned.
    Yes I understand it was a stupid thing to say, but absolutely no metagaming had occurred, and the fact that the quartermaster didn’t help anyone, and the fact that I never went anywhere near the quartermaster, should show that no metagaming or intended metagaming was taking place.

• Your BYOND Key: MetalGearXM
    Your IC name: Jeff Hedron
    Your job (syndie?): Syndicate
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): Game
    Your previous bans: None
    Who banned you: drzoidcrab
    Reason provided: “Metagaming with RunAwayScientist”
    When you were banned: around 9:20 PM GMT -8:00 on 7/1
    Ban length: “PERMANENT”
    Why you think you were banned: When the syndicate round started, I was syndicate and I said something along the lines of, “Hey I’m going to talk to the quartermaster to see if he’ll help us out. Yeah he’s going to help us out.” Then I was banned for metagaming
    Why you should be unbanned: No metagaming ever took place. I had said that as a ruse so while security was distracted at QM, I would be in Engineering messing stuff up. None of the syndicate actually went to go to Quartermaster, though, so the original plan fell through, and I also did not go to QM. In fact I was never close to the Quartermaster. Regardless because of what I said, about 10 or 15 minutes later while I was all by myself (I was by myself the entire round, other than on the syndicate ship), I get the message “Good Bye.” And then I’m banned.
    Yes I understand it was a stupid thing to say, but absolutely no metagaming had occurred, and the fact that the quartermaster didn’t help anyone, and the fact that I never went anywhere near the quartermaster, should show that no metagaming or intended metagaming was taking place.

• At the start of the round you said “the QM is going to help us this round”, lo and behold, the QM has ordered a weapons crate, and 5 minutes later he is helping a disguised syndicate kill the captain and take the disk by luring him into cargo bay. Real coincidence.

• I was the person who reported you, it was a super easy win, and we didn’t need your pety metagaming to do it. You totally had the ban coming for having the arrogance to think the Syndies would just go along with admitted metaing. Also Zoid, I had asked you to put someone in his place at the beginning of the round, but by the end I had forgotten all about it, then when I saw you were the Metagaming Syndie who I had reported I freaked out, not realizing that you had just taken his body as requested…

• The fact that the QM ordered a weapon’s crate seems pretty unsubstantial, since the syndicate already starts with some impressive weaponry and don’t need to use the weapon’s cache, and furthermore the Captain was killed well before it was opened, and furthermore the QM can’t even open a weapon’s cache so how would that be helping us? One of our members was already at the Captain before he was even at the QM, followed him, and he just happened to go to QM, and the syndicate member followed him in through the door right behind him, where he killed the Captain. He could have killed him no matter where he had gone. That didn’t matter at all. And you’re right, it’s not very coincidental, having the Captain come to the QM to open a cache for the crew isn’t very uncommon, since not many people can do it. I’d also like to know how the QM knew he was helping a syndicate when he was a “disguised syndicate.” Even I didn’t know the syndicate’s names that round. I, too, would help someone if I didn’t know they were syndicate.

Again, I agree it was a stupid thing to say but the QM did not help me or any other of my members. The only way he seemed to help was “luring the Captain in to the QM,” something that likely would have been done no matter what I said, since the Captain frequents the QM regardless of what kind of round it is, and as I have said that didn’t change the outcome of the game at all. Syndicate was with the Captain before he even got to QM. He could have gone anywhere. The only way anything would have changed is if he sat in the brig.

I feel stupid for making the comment that the QM will help as a distraction now. Your “coincidence” is a pretty common occurrence, and likely would have happened anyways. Like I said, I have said the outcome of the round would not have changed in the slightest if the Captain decided to go somewhere else. Or, as MichaelIR put it, “It was a super easy win. We didn’t need your petty metagaming to do it.”

At the very least, the permanent ban is a bit excessive when you based your ban on a belief with common occurrences as proof. Yes, “The QM will help us” is pretty bad, but the fact remains that the QM did not help us and as I had said I only mentioned that to cause a distraction for me to do my own thing, which unfortunately also did not happen. I enjoy NoXStation and at the very least I would hope the ban could be reduced from permanent, which seems a bit excessive when, even supposing I did actually private message the QM to help us, he didn’t- Even with the Captain thing where the Captain was about to die before he even stepped in QM. I will refrain from making any comments like that in the future.

Users

Topics