Eft_orangebox_v1

• Hello All, This is my first map and I was playing on your EFT server and i felt motivated to make a map. Well hours later and being annoyed with prop spawning I’ve released my first map! eft_orangebox_v1 is a simple yet hectic map with Clown Cars among the sides of the map for crazy gameplay. Its called orange box because its obviously an orange box and i think its a pretty cool map but I’ve yet to be judged xD. Well anyways here’s the .bsp and some pictures. I hopefully if you guys like it feel free to put it on the server. Hopefully you guys like it and i didn’t just waste my past 24+ hours :) -Xeon897

• Hello All, This is my first map and I was playing on your EFT server and i felt motivated to make a map. Well hours later and being annoyed with prop spawning I’ve released my first map! eft_orangebox_v1 is a simple yet hectic map with Clown Cars among the sides of the map for crazy gameplay. Its called orange box because its obviously an orange box and i think its a pretty cool map but I’ve yet to be judged xD. Well anyways here’s the .bsp and some pictures. I hopefully if you guys like it feel free to put it on the server. Hopefully you guys like it and i didn’t just waste my past 24+ hours :) -Xeon897

• Never release your first map.

• We all have to start somewhere, and by first map i meant released i have played around with hammer before and made a few maps just to get familiar with the program but never released anything.

• I’ll give you some feedback, here’s what’s wrong with it.
    A. The visual design looks like no effort was put into it, look at other EFT maps (see: soccer, broken bones bridge, or hell even blood bowl) and give your map an identity, instead of a piece of paper with crayon on it that says “IDENTITY”.
    B. It seems like a rather small map, which could cause problems with 20+ players, make it bigger.
    C. Like velox said, don’t release your first map since it probably will be unpolished.
    D. Little time was spent on it (1 day), I suggest a week or month of work for the best result.

Oh yeah and this should be put in Mapping.

• Administrators

Spawns should always be near their respective goal. If the map was bigger and one team managed to get the ball next to the enemy’s goal that team won’t be able to fight back since they spawn behind. Unless those platforms are just there for the cars. I can’t tell if that was supposed to be the spawn or not since weapons appear on spawn points.

• oh sorry it must have been the way i was taking the pictures, i was just going around taking shots, platforms are just there for the cars. They do spawn in the correct places, This picture should make it more clear.

• I always thought of making a map in this style, but I think this could have a little more effort put into it.

• Ok Guys, I’ll do some work on it and show you guys in a few days, I’m just trying to bring a somewhat dead mod back to life. :/ A for Effort?

• What do you mean “dead”

Every time I play, there’s at least a half server

• Mapping community seems dead, no the servers great. It seems zombie survival is getting the majority of the attention.

• how did this take 24**+** hours?  i can nearly count the brushes just with fingers.

• It took less that that… Messing around with hammer took like 90% of the time and I was having some issues with prop spawning… I’m new :P

• If you joined the server and this map was playing, what would your first impression be?

• whoever made this map needs work xD… I’ve been working on it and its taken on a new look, it looks better but idk.

• @Xeon897:

whoever made this map needs work xD… I’ve been working on it and its taken on a new look, it looks better but idk.

Add some lighting that will improve it some atleast.

• What i had the idea of is adding red lights on reds side and blue ones on blues side, It looks cool but its a little dark
    :/ anyways to improve lighting by a little bit?

• Watch some tutorials from this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/3kliksphilip

• Thanks for the link Sally, I was able to add lighting that looks super cool and also i found a tutorial on how to add music so i added the song “Big Blue” from the F-Zero X (N64 Version).
    The map underwent such a change because you guys gave me that extra push (saying ways on how I could improve) I renamed the map eft_partybox_v1 here’s some pictures!!!
    I used PakRat to compile the music into the .bsp increasing its size dramatically.
    There is NO virus you guys can open it up using PakRat yourself all i put in was the song and a little .txt saying that i do not own the music.
    Also on a smaller note i extended the map lengthwise about 20 yards and added the two ramps you guys can see in the pictures.

Thanks for the motivation, I’ve always wanted to make a map but i never got around to it hopefully you guys like what i’ve made myself -Xeon897

• You’ve gotta be a troll. A really bad troll.

The changes between “1.0” and “2.0”:

• unfitting music

• badly made lighting

• two random ramps which prevent people from running directly to the ball

• a bunch of extra space in only one axis, increasing the map play time while making it look like an even worse effort

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.