Security Problem #2

• Moths ago i opened a topic about security being awfully shit. I haven’t played SS13 for a long time, i just came back and started to play again and the thing is there is still no progress. Permabrigs without trials, security officers execute people without collecting evidence or knowing what happened, security team beating assistants for breaking in while a pack of changelings destroy the station. Head of Security, the person whos job to put security team in line is always shit with almost no exceptions and i tried to adminghelp more than once, nothing happened simply.

Guys, if you are not going to handle shittycurity just remove the security roles, civilian vigilantes would be better than autists with alleged licence to kill.

• Moths ago i opened a topic about security being awfully shit. I haven’t played SS13 for a long time, i just came back and started to play again and the thing is there is still no progress. Permabrigs without trials, security officers execute people without collecting evidence or knowing what happened, security team beating assistants for breaking in while a pack of changelings destroy the station. Head of Security, the person whos job to put security team in line is always shit with almost no exceptions and i tried to adminghelp more than once, nothing happened simply.

Guys, if you are not going to handle shittycurity just remove the security roles, civilian vigilantes would be better than autists with alleged licence to kill.

• Welcome to a world where Detectives don’t do their job and lawyers join either the grey tide or the red shirts or are to be ignored for the rest of the round.

If an officer didn’t see you doing a crime you are almost always certain that you wont get arrested for it. Its like in grand theft auto. You steal a car and nobody cares unless a cop sees you.
    Wanna test the limits of this? Steal the captain’s jumpsuit and wear it in the hallways. If nobody saw you breaking into the office chances are that nobody will arrest you.
    Even though I wish for quite some change I have to stay realistic and say: Trials never happen. Nobody cares to take that much time. Even though a simple fingerprint scan on the plasma release valve can tell if the AI is pumping plasma or a freaking atmos tech was doing that.
    Detectives will always be security officers with hats on.

• to be fair doing trials will make shitcurity more shit. itll just slow things down and i doubt the judge will close the case without someone getting permabrigged or killed anyway lol

• @Occultsan:

Moths ago i opened a topic about security being awfully shit. I haven’t played SS13 for a long time, i just came back and started to play again and the thing is there is still no progress. Permabrigs without trials, security officers execute people without collecting evidence or knowing what happened, security team beating assistants for breaking in while a pack of changelings destroy the station. Head of Security, the person whos job to put security team in line is always shit with almost no exceptions and i tried to adminghelp more than once, nothing happened simply.

They can’t really raise the average player skill of any particular job so it’s a no fix situation. Those of us who play good sec are far and few between as there aren’t that many repeat vet players(Many of us random name due to metagrudging risk). Although your overstating the situation a bit. They added ESO’s to help sort the situation a bit but it’s one of those roles you can’t get without a)Being an admin. b)Using a static name, as it is issued on merit.

@Vanellope:

Welcome to a world where Detectives don’t do their job and lawyers join either the grey tide or the red shirts or are to be ignored for the rest of the round.

If an officer didn’t see you doing a crime you are almost always certain that you wont get arrested for it. Its like in grand theft auto. You steal a car and nobody cares unless a cop sees you.
    Wanna test the limits of this? Steal the captain’s jumpsuit and wear it in the hallways. If nobody saw you breaking into the office chances are that nobody will arrest you.

I advise all cops to start stopping people with stolen gear but be cautious as I ran into a fluke one time with one of the admins where I almost got job-banned as HOS for grabbing a guy in 1/2 detective gear and no implant and stolen security gear for investigation to figure out if the HOP really made a second detective or not, as again I just saw the first detective within 10 seconds earlier. Literally got to “:c Hop did you issue another detective” after reaching the brig before I saw you have been job banned then having to adminhelp to get the same admin to look over what just occurred to undo it seconds late. Would had been my first one ever in half a year-year of playing had it stayed(this was a few months back or more)

I don’t advise brand new cops to do this as it makes you wildly unpopular with the criminal community and they now want to all murder you for them spending 2 minutes in jail. If they can barely handle themselves(I always have to wonder why they take one of the most dangerous jobs) they should try to minimize their risk and stick to departments except for bringing arrests to brig. It isn’t even funny how often I see the HOS unable to defend himself versus 2 unarmed attackers or I end up stealing his guns using a banana for trying to kill the clown randomly(Looking at pocket the clown here).

@jh2.0:

to be fair doing trials will make shitcurity more shit. itll just slow things down and i doubt the judge will close the case without someone getting permabrigged or killed anyway lol

It just isn’t worth trying to do a trial at all. Takes to long, people in it expect real roleplay, people destroy the courtroom windows etc… I remember one time I tried to hold one for an execution and took 3-5 minutes to get a lawyer to show up, we had no judge, and by the end of it we had brigged and extra 3-7 people for attempting to free the defense.

• I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again

Good players don’t play security

• @jh2.0:

to be fair doing trials will make shitcurity more shit. itll just slow things down and i doubt the judge will close the case without someone getting permabrigged or killed anyway lol

to bad this wasn’t true for me detective and a few sec officer actually did their job and found out i emaged into the capts room not sure how finger prints get left behind as it the emagger that touches the door not your hands. Course hos was still bad tried to strait jacket me in permbrig and ended in cuffs himself after he lost who can handcuff the other faster but warden ended my fun even though i did no psychical harm.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.