Valve finally fixes the SDK's

• After about 2 months, Valve finally updated the SDK’s and the Hammer World Editors. Since Valve is implementing Steampipe to older games, the Hammer editors have been localized for individual games like Portal 2 Authoring tools.

Here is how to find the new Hammer:

1. Locate the game your mapping for (Counter Strike Source or TF2) in your steamapps/common folder.
    2. Go to the bin folder. You’ll notice all the stuff like VRAD and VBSP are already in there.
    3. Scroll down until you find the Hammer shortcut. It will ask you what game your mapping for so pick the one you want.
    4. Reconfigure your fgd.'s and other custom textures. Everything should be working now.

Valve has also added in the  Source SDK Base 2013 which is optimized for Steampipe so mods can now use Steampipe. The new SDK Base also adds in support for Oculus Rift, OSX, and Linux.

I hope this helps people understand how to use the new tools after the update.

• After about 2 months, Valve finally updated the SDK’s and the Hammer World Editors. Since Valve is implementing Steampipe to older games, the Hammer editors have been localized for individual games like Portal 2 Authoring tools.

Here is how to find the new Hammer:

1. Locate the game your mapping for (Counter Strike Source or TF2) in your steamapps/common folder.
    2. Go to the bin folder. You’ll notice all the stuff like VRAD and VBSP are already in there.
    3. Scroll down until you find the Hammer shortcut. It will ask you what game your mapping for so pick the one you want.
    4. Reconfigure your fgd.'s and other custom textures. Everything should be working now.

Valve has also added in the  Source SDK Base 2013 which is optimized for Steampipe so mods can now use Steampipe. The new SDK Base also adds in support for Oculus Rift, OSX, and Linux.

I hope this helps people understand how to use the new tools after the update.

• Is there any need to use the Source SDK in tools now for mapping?

• It’s being phased out.

• Valve is replacing it with game specific Authoring tools kinda like how Portal 2 and CS:GO have their own set of tools.

• @Pufulet:

Is there any need to use the Source SDK in tools now for mapping?

For mod games.

Also I’ve know about this fix for about two months now.

• I have been using it as a work around hoping valve would fix it. It’s now the official way I guess.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.