Redo:dr_parking_garage_b2

• While playing on deathrun the server would go onto parking garage every now and then. I didn’t like the way it looked so I decided to optimize it and make it look decent. It took about two days to do but I think the map is pretty much finished.

So here’s a list of things I did.

-Nodrawed the whole map
    -Removed the gigantic box around it for optimization
    -Changed lighting
    -Added some hint and skip
    -Added bhop as a optional ending.
    -Changed skybox
    -Done a lot of retexturing
    -Brightened the map
    -Added sprites to the florescent lights

I haven’t had a chance to test this on a deathrun gamemode so I cant tell if its broken.

Heres some screenshots

Oh forgot to mention I copy’d and pasted the bhop ending from dr_combine

Have any suggestions on improving the map? Ill be glad to hear it. Also ill link the bsp later.

• While playing on deathrun the server would go onto parking garage every now and then. I didn’t like the way it looked so I decided to optimize it and make it look decent. It took about two days to do but I think the map is pretty much finished.

So here’s a list of things I did.

-Nodrawed the whole map
    -Removed the gigantic box around it for optimization
    -Changed lighting
    -Added some hint and skip
    -Added bhop as a optional ending.
    -Changed skybox
    -Done a lot of retexturing
    -Brightened the map
    -Added sprites to the florescent lights

I haven’t had a chance to test this on a deathrun gamemode so I cant tell if its broken.

Heres some screenshots

Oh forgot to mention I copy’d and pasted the bhop ending from dr_combine

Have any suggestions on improving the map? Ill be glad to hear it. Also ill link the bsp later.

• It looks nice, great work. My only concern is that runners often bhop faster than the deaths on this particular map. It’d be nice if Deaths could have a slight speed boost with a trigger of some sort, or environmental (non-Death activated) obstacles for the runners.

• @ritzbits:

It looks nice, great work. My only concern is that runners often bhop faster than the deaths on this particular map. It’d be nice if Deaths could have a slight speed boost with a trigger of some sort, or environmental (non-Death activated) obstacles for the runners.

The map had some annoying fall traps if they were not careful which works fairly good unless the bhopper has played the map for the thousandth time. The ravenholm sign makes sure its harder to bhop as it pushes back loosing momentum on the bhopper. I will implement the speed boost for death.

However wouldn’t it be nice to have a logic entity for death and the survivors. So I wouldn’t have to make a trigger for the speed boost.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.