New map vs old map

• Vote for this shit

• Vote for this shit

• assistants have no maint access
    more pointless corridors
    AI is exposed as fuck

• This map has turn eng into retard every other round some turns on the pa with the field not up and then lose sing eats eng

• @Kirbyroth:

This map has turn eng into retard every other round some turns on the pa with the field not up and then lose sing eats eng

And this is different from the old station how?

Assistants having no maint access is a setting in the config file, not the map itself.

• cuz it never happen this many times in a short period of rounds. due to the fact field could get set up faster before. now with emitter need to be move in place and rotated to face the right direction some idiot goes and turn on the pa while people are still outside getting the emitters  in place. People are either thinking it like old eng and the field can be turned on before it get to level 2 starts moving are just getting dumber. That or people just hate the new map that bad they do it on purpose to screw the round over cuz nothing usually end a round faster the a singulo on the rampage.

• Then they get banned. Wow it was that easy.

• Yes but others keep doing it and once the sing is level 2 it to late to do anything about it

• @Spurdo_KEK:

don’t do that

• Logged in for the  first time in a while, station went to shit quickly, shuttle was called, then I got lost. I don’t think I’m ever going to get back into this game. What was wrong with the old layout out of interest?

• @Elite:

Logged in for the  first time in a while, station went to shit quickly, shuttle was called, then I got lost. I don’t think I’m ever going to get back into this game. What was wrong with the old layout out of interest?

Nothing was wrong with the old layout besides xeno being so close to the station. Other than that, shit was perfect.

• Hi I registered just to vote for old station. Thank you.

• @Benzwebs:

Hi I registered just to vote for old station. Thank you.

This is not a democracy.

• @Elite:

Logged in for the  first time in a while, station went to shit quickly, shuttle was called, then I got lost. I don’t think I’m ever going to get back into this game. What was wrong with the old layout out of interest?

Everyone knew where everything was. They changed map to confuse everyone and laugh at people who get lost

• I like the sudden change… also research is now next door to medbay so I don’t have to drag all the suicidal or stupid scientists that far also I can easily get acid from chemistry

• i like the new map research is next to medbay easier to get burnt scientist to cloning also i like how virology has alot more doors and is more secure than in the old map

• @Vanellope:

I like the sudden change… also research is now next door to medbay so I don’t have to drag all the suicidal or stupid scientists that far also I can easily get acid from chemistry

Yea can almost just throw a beaker across the hall and have them fill it then they can throw it back

• i’m pretty much ok with either they both have good points, just fix the garbage tubes leaking into cargo on the new one, get rid of extra dorms
    not gonna vote cause could either

• @Kirbyroth:

Yea can almost just throw a beaker across the hall and have them fill it then they can throw it back

That would be in a world where the chemists do not make anything but Space Drugs, Chloral Hydarate, and anything that causes damage.

• At first I liked the map but now that I’ve had a chance to play jobs in all departments I must say that it’s claustrophobic.

It’s crowded with both objects and people and there are plenty of places to hide bodies. Normally I’d be all for this except it seems to have encouraged more grief than usual, though that may just be because nobody likes me. Specifically I’m talking about the emergency closets scattered around the map. No cameras in them, solid metal doors instead of glass ones, single breakable light source for added secrecy. Dream come true for antags and griefers, complete nightmare for regular folk and people such as myself that invite grief upon themselves.

Medbay and R&D are both cramped as hell, people constantly running into each other trying to get by, shrunken rooms that leave very little area to actually walk on, et cetera. I very much like playing QM because the cargo bay actually has room to breathe and move around, though that’s because the cargo hold went mostly unaltered. The entrance to the mining shuttle was always cramped so I can’t bitch about that and the mining station itself is exactly the same as it was which is a plus (but shouldn’t be when talking about things I like about the NEW map).

More than once the escape area been completely locked down because of some asshole building walls in the single thin hallway leading down toward it. The only other access point to escape is the maintenance tunnels. Having one of the escape pods moved from arrivals to another more secluded area of the ship was an excellent design choice for the ship. When escape is locked down and 5 dudes are already fighting for the arrivals pod I can go off to that escape pod nobody seems to use and still escape.

The janitor. Fuck that guy on this station. That’s all there is to say about him.

Because of the cramped design sec officers can effectively remain at their assigned office while at the same time keep an eye on critical areas of the ship. This is one of the few good things about the map in that sec officers don’t have to go too far from their designated department to head on down to wherever the griefers are and fuck their shit.

All in all the map is a downgrade but it isn’t awful. It has some perks over the old one but overall I’d personally greatly prefer the old map back.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.