Dirty floors over time

• it would be kind of cool to make it so that over time floors accumulate dirt like here

kind of useless, but i would like seeing how after 1.5 hours the station looks like shit, really adds to the scavenging feel. one reason i hate baystation is that when you burn the station there arent any burn marks on the floor, unlike here… stuff like that

• it would be kind of cool to make it so that over time floors accumulate dirt like here

kind of useless, but i would like seeing how after 1.5 hours the station looks like shit, really adds to the scavenging feel. one reason i hate baystation is that when you burn the station there arent any burn marks on the floor, unlike here… stuff like that

• I guess it could keep the janitor busy when he’s not cleaning up corpses.

• A lot of work (bunch of new sprites, a bit of code, etc) for not that much profit (a little bit of extra atmospheric feeling).
    It would be nice to see but I don’t know if it’ll actually happen.

Gibbed used to do this by having the tile edges darken gradually over time, and a janitor cleaning them would brighten them back up.

• @commandhat:

A lot of work (bunch of new sprites, a bit of code, etc) for not that much profit (a little bit of extra atmospheric feeling).
    It would be nice to see but I don’t know if it’ll actually happen.

Gibbed used to do this by having the tile edges darken gradually over time, and a janitor cleaning them would brighten them back up.

what new sprites? look at the screenshot…lol

coding this isnt hard, i dont know how dream maker is but universally the logic behind this is simple

• How exactly are you going to just magically add dust to the tiles then?

• either same way or spess weed or just make a counter for the tile. after the counter has been exceeded it turns into a dirty floor…just optimize this for dream maker speed, dont know how it works

• its not hard to do at all honestly, its more a matter of if it’d be worth actually having

carbon on the floors being spread around isn’t going to add anything really, if you’ve ever looked at a hall going to medbay theres always blood everywhere, no janitors in sight.

• Except it would probably give people even more of a reason to kill the janitor because he’s making wet floors everywhere just because there’s some dirt. (and most likely isn’t placing wet floor signs)

• well i dont only mean the carbon ones. in the ss theres 3 tiles or more covered in carbon dirt, and the rest have these sweat-like shit stains on them. i would rather have those than the carboned floors because they look way more badass

i dont expect the janitor to clean it…on the contrary. if you add the carbon dirt, it would be too noticeable and tedious to clean it up every now and then, fuck that. make the floors look like the ones in the brig cell or the ones in the ss (the sweaty ones without the carbon). they arent too noticeable but they make the station look more textured

could possibly make it so that each time a tile gets stepped on it increments a variable until it reaches a limit, then turns dirty. that way high traffic areas would look like shit while other areas wouldnt. on top of that you can make it so that low traffic areas still get shittier, just over long, random periods of time

• on step processing on a server that can peak to around 85 people on weekends, just to make a barely noticeable cosmetic difference isn’t really gonna fly

• would it? i mean its just a single increment. i dont know dream maker but if you say its not gonna go (and if you got no other idea how to make it good performance wise) then i guess it really isnt worth it

edit: what if you make a single timer, and at the end of it check all floor tiles for a chance to turn into shitty ones, chance should be at 1% or half of that, and would stand at 10 minutes.

• @Cheepo:

I guess it could keep the janitor busy when he’s not cleaning up corpses.

_> Janitor doing job? hahahaha

Hes to busy being murdered for slipping the floor to clean.

• without his janicart he easy kill able maybe  they are strike for it being taken away.

for this copy/steal yoga dirty floors

• janitors deserve to be beaten if they dont use speace cleaner, but then again how can we blame them when chemistry is being stupid?

• throw a wet floor sign down anyone who complain point to the sign

• they dont care, they will look for an excuse

• but at least you will know you ere in the right and if they attack you slip them with cleaner grenade

• but then they would call sec on you for being rouge

• like sec going to waste their time on the janitor provided they even bother to respond

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.