The New Map of Server

• Thoughts on this incredibly spacious design? Areas compared to before? The flow of the hallways to the sections? The overall feel of it as an alive world of interconnected departments?

• Thoughts on this incredibly spacious design? Areas compared to before? The flow of the hallways to the sections? The overall feel of it as an alive world of interconnected departments?

• This map makes people dumb.

• @Vodka:

Thoughts on this incredibly spacious design? Areas compared to before? The flow of the hallways to the sections? The overall feel of it as an alive world of interconnected departments?

1. Hallways are too narrow, fire a taser down a hallway and you are bound to hit someone, and there’s giant clogs of people getting stuck where the janitor is mopping
    2. Every room seems a lot smaller, especially Tech Storage and Engineering
    3. There’s nearly no manuvering room in general areas, making fighting difficult or simply getting past people tiresome
    4. Areas like security are big as fuck when they don’t have much need to be
    5. EVA is a tiny clusterfuck of a room, I thought the EVA room in the other station was kind of crowded
    6. Overall, the map feels pretty small.

Also, getting lost. fuck.

• Way too confusing.

• Hmm, I’ve only played it once thus far, but I do think certain areas are too compact, less defined in how they’re separated. As for comments on confusion or getting lost, I think that’s pretty natural.

• So far I’ve been killed twice by incompetent Xenobiologists because the slime lab is right next to Robotics. Put that shit way, WAY far away from other departments so we at least have a chance to not be swarmed by a whole bunch of slimes as soon as the idiot fucks himself while the slimes escape.

• slimes need to go back to being separated so if they do escape they cant get out of xeno without human aid. It getting old slimes in the hall scientists get away with it every time.

The ai is more vulnerable even with the double reinforced layer termite from the hall and you in the core.

• @Sleeves1994:

So far I’ve been killed twice by incompetent Xenobiologists because the slime lab is right next to Robotics. Put that shit way, WAY far away from other departments so we at least have a chance to not be swarmed by a whole bunch of slimes as soon as the idiot fucks himself while the slimes escape.

this.

my only complaint is the xenobiology. i joined and got mobbed by 10 fucking slimes. the fuck

other than that i dont have any other complaints with the map, i like the new (old) firelocks.

EDIT: can someone post a screenshot of the full map?

• Toxins lab has no freezer, xenobiology is too distant how am I supposed to steal slimes when there is space everywhere?
    Also the sleepers don’t work due to lack of sleeper controls.
    But the escape shuttle is a huge improvement.

• Someone upload a map of the new station

• This new map sucks fucking dick. This will probably be the end of NoX unless it gets changed back…

• Good.

• Cons

• The map is really confusing, everything just seems all over the place.
            - Maintenance corridors are a nightmare to navigate because of this.
                    - Where did hardsuit storage go? Astronaut hardsuit + etc?

• Every time slimes get busted out of xeno, robotics dies immediately. There are no exceptions, it happens every single time.
                - No one can steal slimes via maintenance corridor/whatever. (Its fun watching Vanellope do this and then get spaced by a rogue cyborg 5 minutes later)

• No freezer in toxins lab

• No sleeper controls

• A.I. is extremely vulnerable in its new location. Since there are no rooms/less space vacuum to act as a buffer zone.

• I almost never see anyone using Engineering/Security escape pods. They weren’t used on the last map very often either because they’re hard to get to.
            - The (now) singular pod near arrivals turns into a blood bath or gets disabled in the fighting.

• Cargo/supply is not near anything that benefits from it. Its just on the far side of the station by itself.
            - I don’t understand why Hydroponics is touching R&D and Engineering but Cargo is so far away.
                    - Cargo is notably smaller than on the previous map, A LOT smaller.

• Chapel/Library are really far from other service jobs. No one dumps bodies in Chapel because of where it is. Medbay has a monopoly on corpse collection now.

Pros

• Escape shuttle lobby is much, much nicer than the old one.
    • Escape shuttle BIG.
    • I like Virology’s location, even though I don’t like Xeno’s similar detached setup.
    • Nuke Ops Room feels more secure tucked away on its own side hallway.

• why did you take assistants maint

why

WHYYYY

• Why the fuck did they change the map? Our map was fine as is.

• You’ll get used to it. Enjoy you are stay.

• I actually like the new layout, it just needs a touch-up in some respects is all. Makes traitoring harder while expanding the maintenance capabilities.  Granted now assistants can be all sad due to lack of mait access. All they really need to do is ask hop for mait and tell him you need it so you can get eaten. Normally they will happily give you it.

• There have been some updates to Metastation since the 27G-II build, and I will try to dedicate a little time tomorrow to making it work on NoX.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.