Unban Request: Bix Nood

• Your BYOND Key: Pyko
    Your IC name: Bix Nood
    Your job (syndie?):Security Officer
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): 1 day game, and job ban from all sec
    Your previous bans: 1 day for releasing plasma when the rules were practically just dont be a dick.
    Who banned you: Zincon
    Reason provided:Murdering contained prisoners.
    When you were banned: 20th of june
    Ban length:1 day / permanent
    Why you think you were banned:Killed mime, and explained the reason poorly due to being busy with firefight.
    Why you should be unbanned: I believe the admin in question didn’t get the whole picture what was going on. As It was just 1 person, who wasn’t really even contained.

Long story, not so short.

I came in to brig with an aprehended criminal, only to see quite a few doors wide open, detective on floor and mime and chef stripping him.
    I try to stop them with tazer, and mime pulls out egun and tries to shoot me, after he runs out of charge he pulls out revolver and continues firing at me.
    I’m almost out of charge and escape to sec office dragging the downed detective, mime follows me and gets stunned and cuffed by my ED.
    I buckle him to chair, and he sets the ed after me and detective with his stolen hud glasses, luckily i manage to get up before im cuffed and remove his glasses as well as the arrest status on me and detective.
    Then I notice there is an engineer in HoS office with egun, and the chef and some one else is outside sec office (still inside brigs).
    I quicly search the mime, and find an emag, and egun in his backpack. Seeing that the Permabrig and the normal cells areas were emagged, and there were intruders coming in from space/hos office and sec hallway, I had no way to properly detain the mime.
    Also someone was shouting about revs earlier so I though he was a rev head and those people breaking in brig were revs, and the whole sec compromized i really could not get implants for him.
    I was left with no choice than to kill him, as he was proven to be a dangerous criminal. As he had tried to kill me and teh detective with revolver and had traitor equipment, and his earlier emaggings had rendered the brigs more or less useless.

Not to mention there were multiple things supporting my decision on space law:
    When is a good time to use lethal force?

• Any time lethal force is used against security or a head of staff (being attacked with anything other than bare hands, practice lasers, or choking).

• All grey tides (situations where the crew is attempting to overtake the station).

• Multiple hostile enemies.

• Anyone breaking into / caught in the armory unauthorized.

As well as rules page stating that human antagonists are only protected loosely by space law, and not at all by the rules.

That being said I don’t think I should had been banned.
    And the reason why I posted this before the 3 days had passed i wanted to make the appeal while everything was still in fresh memory, and I guess you can just ignore this until enough time has passed if needed.

EDIT: Fixed typos

• Your BYOND Key: Pyko
    Your IC name: Bix Nood
    Your job (syndie?):Security Officer
    Your ban (chat? job? game?): 1 day game, and job ban from all sec
    Your previous bans: 1 day for releasing plasma when the rules were practically just dont be a dick.
    Who banned you: Zincon
    Reason provided:Murdering contained prisoners.
    When you were banned: 20th of june
    Ban length:1 day / permanent
    Why you think you were banned:Killed mime, and explained the reason poorly due to being busy with firefight.
    Why you should be unbanned: I believe the admin in question didn’t get the whole picture what was going on. As It was just 1 person, who wasn’t really even contained.

Long story, not so short.

I came in to brig with an aprehended criminal, only to see quite a few doors wide open, detective on floor and mime and chef stripping him.
    I try to stop them with tazer, and mime pulls out egun and tries to shoot me, after he runs out of charge he pulls out revolver and continues firing at me.
    I’m almost out of charge and escape to sec office dragging the downed detective, mime follows me and gets stunned and cuffed by my ED.
    I buckle him to chair, and he sets the ed after me and detective with his stolen hud glasses, luckily i manage to get up before im cuffed and remove his glasses as well as the arrest status on me and detective.
    Then I notice there is an engineer in HoS office with egun, and the chef and some one else is outside sec office (still inside brigs).
    I quicly search the mime, and find an emag, and egun in his backpack. Seeing that the Permabrig and the normal cells areas were emagged, and there were intruders coming in from space/hos office and sec hallway, I had no way to properly detain the mime.
    Also someone was shouting about revs earlier so I though he was a rev head and those people breaking in brig were revs, and the whole sec compromized i really could not get implants for him.
    I was left with no choice than to kill him, as he was proven to be a dangerous criminal. As he had tried to kill me and teh detective with revolver and had traitor equipment, and his earlier emaggings had rendered the brigs more or less useless.

Not to mention there were multiple things supporting my decision on space law:
    When is a good time to use lethal force?

• Any time lethal force is used against security or a head of staff (being attacked with anything other than bare hands, practice lasers, or choking).

• All grey tides (situations where the crew is attempting to overtake the station).

• Multiple hostile enemies.

• Anyone breaking into / caught in the armory unauthorized.

As well as rules page stating that human antagonists are only protected loosely by space law, and not at all by the rules.

That being said I don’t think I should had been banned.
    And the reason why I posted this before the 3 days had passed i wanted to make the appeal while everything was still in fresh memory, and I guess you can just ignore this until enough time has passed if needed.

EDIT: Fixed typos

• Only the Captain and the HoS can authorise executions on contained prisoners.

• @Talha:

Only the Captain and the HoS can authorise executions on contained prisoners.

I think part of his point is that there was no way for the prisoner to be properly contained as the entire security wing has been emag’d.

• @Talha:

Only the Captain and the HoS can authorise executions on contained prisoners.

just to clarify us (because i would do the same thing), what would we do in a situation where all security is compromised, you got a traitor and the captain/hos isnt around?

not lying, i would do the same thing and kill the guy…i dont know how else to deal with it.i guess you can throw him naked and cuffed into some room?

• @SirMichael:

I think part of his point is that there was no way for the prisoner to be properly contained as the entire security wing has been emag’d.

Exactly, the brigs were emagged, and even if they were not, the people with whom he broke in were still outside the cell area, and armed engineer was breaking through HoS office.
    The mime was no where near to be contained, he was merely temporarily disarmed. And would had become a threat again if let alone.
    And requesting authorization for execution is a bit hard while engaging firefight with other people who were breaking in with him.

• Bucklecuff them. Hit them with a baton every now and then.

• @Talha:

Bucklecuff them. Hit them with a baton every now and then.

While engaging armed intruders from 2 different directions?
    And if actually managing fending them off, then spending the rest of the round stunning him once in 2 mins or so?

Not to mention according to rules human antags are only loosely protected by space law, and not protected by the rules at all.

• Been 3 days now, can I have the job ban lifted?

Because honestly, I don’t think I should had been banned to begin with, at least if we go by the letter of the rules.
    Quite frankly most of the time I see human antags executed on the spot without even all these cirmustances and no one complains about it.

And getting banned and job banned for killing an antag, seems a bit odd.
    Especially with all the crap he did, and with most of the sec area being emagged open and filled with armed intruders, whowere actively breaking in to the last “safe” area from 2 different directions.

Also there was only 1 person killed, and he was nor contained or a prisoner.
    He was never jailed, and could not be. And i would not call it contained if we have have multiple armed people breaking in from 2 directions.

Not to mention if I were to admin help getting killed in same situation I would fully expect getting laughed on my face, and muted from ahelps along with possible other crap.

• Bump, been over a month now.

And I still don’t think I did anything wrong considering the circumstances.

• I’ll remove it once I’m home, or you could ask someone ingame.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.