Killing rules

• I want a definite answer about the rules regarding the killing of other crewmates as a non-antag.

I’ve been getting many answers and I can’t be sure. Some say this is a grief server so killing is allowed, some say killing is forbidden, the rules page in the wiki is pretty vague about it.

So, are you allowed to kill for no reason or not?

• I want a definite answer about the rules regarding the killing of other crewmates as a non-antag.

I’ve been getting many answers and I can’t be sure. Some say this is a grief server so killing is allowed, some say killing is forbidden, the rules page in the wiki is pretty vague about it.

• I would be confused too saying as the forums are basically 80% ban appeals for killing.

Clown is free game apparently and everything else seems to fall along a thin line.

• The question is: “What is no reason?”

People say I kill sometimes for no reason even though I always have my reasons why I do stuff they might be stupid and of minor importance but I still can feel like a hero.
    Even “I just felt like it” might be a reason.

• At least for me: no reason = no real reason

Killing in self defense is a real reason
    Killing because an assistant stole your ID when you slipped is not a real reason

I was wondering if killing people over petty issues is ok.

• I do it and admins seem to have no real problems with it… except DrHuxxley. I think I made myself unpopular with him.
    People release plasma in my research and I kill them. Nobody ain’t wastin my expensive gases. Nobody fucks with Tiny Hippo. Nobody.
    (At least I haven’t been banned yet, maybe the good things I do weight against the shitty stuff. Wont challenge my luck and ask why this is the way it is.)

Also: I can tell if the gas leak was intentional or accident. I CAN, so don’t lie to me.

• I think proper escalation of the fight in a logical sense is the best policy. Seems most bans are for escalating too quickly or just outright cold blood murder.

Example of Proper Escalation: Assistant steals your id while you slipped. Propper escalation would be beating him up and taking the ID back and looting his items. He then can beat you up take items lock you in a locker or buckle cuff you. You then allowed to murder him (atleast that makes sense and would take nearly an entire round for this feud play out.)

Example of Cold Murder: Assistant steals your id. You stun glove him, take id back and loot him. Then you space his body. (or you know just killing the first person that bumps into you.)

• uhh…

hahahaah. good luck doing that

the minute you hurt someone in anyway, they’ll murder you straight off and its labeled as “self defence”. better to kill then be killed, I say.

• the problem as well I find is that you can’t tell when people miss from the logs, so if someone shoots a gun or taser, tries to throw a floor tile, and they miss, then you beat the piss out of the griffin’ grey shirt, there is no evidence for your side suggesting that they started it.

Often when I beat the shit out of someone I’ll stick a needle of inaprovaline in them from an oxygen kit, this stops them from dying unless they succumb, then I drag them towards medbay.
    If and when they come after me past that, I don’t bother putting them anywhere short of buckling them in the sitting up position in the bar or near the chapel.

Nobody really checks to see if standing people are alive.

• We have a pretty easy to follow killing rules on our wiki which is linked in game and above on the website’s header area. As Vanellope said I am probably more strict than other admins when it comes to killing and other grief because it’s easy to tell who’s just here to be a shitter. I despise being known as a “grief station”, even though we’re public and that’s what’s going to happen as we’re the most popular public server. Still I personally want to cut down on all the obvious shitlords as much as possible.

Thankfully the admin team is pretty much left to their own interpretation when it comes to most things. This is good because we don’t have the insane, stupid drama that other servers have regarding admin teams circlejerking or breaking their own rules, etc. as well as the ability not to be held down by petty loopholes and stuff found in other rules. If we know someone’s crappy, we’re gonna ban them (at least I do). At the same time we unfortunately run into things like this where because we don’t have particularly specific rules, a lot of confusion comes forward. Killing has always been an issue to wide interpretation by the admins from what I can see and unfortunately because of this our player base doesn’t get if what they do is wrong or not until it’s too late.

I feel like I’m writing a lot about some lame 2d spessman game but I know that people get easily confused about what’s okay/not okay because of our general leniency and different interpretations. Still, I think our way of admining works because for the most part people are cool with our admins and rarely do any actual complaints with sustenance come forward. As for killing and everything else just use common sense. If what you’re doing feels or seems like you being a dick and probably not okay, don’t do it. Before you go and decide “I’mma kill this faggot”, put yourself in their shoes and ask “Do I deserve to be killed for whatever I did?” If you’re honest you can figure it out. Faggots.

So no, you definitely can’t kill for no reason, unless you ask and we give you express permission. As for killing someone over releasing plasma, if you think it was purposeful, whatever, go for it, they deserve it and probably will get banned for it anyway. If it’s an accident, give the poor bloke a break and try to fix it.

• There’s a [Rules] button. I don’t know how people are missing it.

I despise being known as a “grief station”, even though we’re public and that’s what’s going to happen as we’re the most popular public server.

I’m sure goonstation and /tg/station both have similar numbers.

• @Spurdo_KEK:

I want a definite answer about the rules regarding the killing of other crewmates as a non-antag.

http://heavy.noxiousnet.com/wiki/index.php?title=Game_Rules_(SS13)

Those are the official rules.

Simplified way of how you should probably interpret it is like this.

1)Antags or people easily mistaken for Antags are free game to murder on sight(Random player with e-sword, guy being choked inside maintenance by random engineer, anyone in syndicate gear, anyone with traitor items).
    2)If someone hits you with any weapon and put you into yellow and is still following you trying to beat you after a few hits(It’s apparent they plan to murder you and unlikely they plan on healing you after the fact).
    3)If someone clearly put someone into death/near death and are coming after you next(They most likely don’t want to hug but make sure it’s unprovoked, and that you didn’t walk into a self defense kill).
    4)Clown as long as your not security(Security may not kill the clown but can do what they want with him as long as he won’t die I.E Stun, Cuff, Pepper-spray 1000’s of times and Jack/Blindfold/Muzzle/Exile) He’s free game otherwise.
    5)Hulks punching people but good luck killing him unless he is brain damaged.

Being mugged, hit 1 time, stunned without further action, racism, being slipped, etc… are no reason to kill someone.

Follow those and you will never get a ban from any admin as far as I am aware, don’t randomly log after murders, make sure you actually can explain your actions. The worst you will probably get is exploded by an admin if your lacking a good reason and if you can meet all those conditions while not being a clear troll who does this every round on loose reasons. Basically just keep it real, if they check logs and see that you randomly beat them into critical without first aid attempted and they hit you one time with a punch they probably won’t take to kindly to you.

• @Dent:

There’s a [Rules] button. I don’t know how people are missing it.

But we’re the most popular public one, as in we’re accessible through this list which any random player can find: http://www.byond.com/games/Exadv1/SpaceStation13

• @Dent:

There’s a [Rules] button. I don’t know how people are missing it.

Goonstation’s admins are stricter, /tg/station’s admins are batshit insane.

• Administrators

@Spurdo_KEK:

I want a definite answer about the rules regarding the killing of other crewmates as a non-antag

“Don’t be a faggot.”

• @Reapter:

http://heavy.noxiousnet.com/wiki/index.php?title=Game_Rules_(SS13)

Those are the official rules.

Simplified way of how you should probably interpret it is like this.

1)Antags or people easily mistaken for Antags are free game to murder on sight(Random player with e-sword, guy being choked inside maintenance by random engineer, anyone in syndicate gear, anyone with traitor items).
    2)If someone hits you with any weapon and put you into yellow and is still following you trying to beat you after a few hits(It’s apparent they plan to murder you and unlikely they plan on healing you after the fact).
    3)If someone clearly put someone into death/near death and are coming after you next(They most likely don’t want to hug but make sure it’s unprovoked, and that you didn’t walk into a self defense kill).
    4)Clown as long as your not security(Security may not kill the clown but can do what they want with him as long as he won’t die I.E Stun, Cuff, Pepper-spray 1000’s of times and Jack/Blindfold/Muzzle/Exile) He’s free game otherwise.
    5)Hulks punching people but good luck killing him unless he is brain damaged.

Being mugged, hit 1 time, stunned without further action, racism, being slipped, etc… are no reason to kill someone.

Follow those and you will never get a ban from any admin as far as I am aware, don’t randomly log after murders, make sure you actually can explain your actions. The worst you will probably get is exploded by an admin if your lacking a good reason and if you can meet all those conditions while not being a clear troll who does this every round on loose reasons. Basically just keep it real, if they check logs and see that you randomly beat them into critical without first aid attempted and they hit you one time with a punch they probably won’t take to kindly to you.

Hulks technically aren’t considered human, and are almost always beating the station/other people to peices. So they’re pretty much free game to the AI, unprovoked, correct?

• Hulks are human. Just like people with x-ray vision or telekinesis are.

• Why does everyone think that the no killing rules are asimov based? A monkey, slime, slime person, plant person, corgi (pah! forget about these) can also be players who just want to enjoy the game and they are like the clown not human.

The question if the suspect is human only applies to the AI and Space Law… because you probably wont arrest a monkey for 3 minutes because it stole stuff.

• Basically if a non human or superhuman who is difficult or impossible to contain is causing trouble with their abilites eg hulks breaking down all the walls, player controlled mobs like slimes eating people or reproducing all over the place, monkies stealing guns and the captain’s spare id etc its usually ok to kill them.

still, its always a good idea to ask about killing first.

Also note that we are much less lenient on people playing security or head roles(you know which ones) when it comes to killing seeing as they have easy access to stun weapons.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.