Reclaiming the derelict and exploring the final frontier

• In the past 2 days I’ve been spacing myself (firesuit + coffee + fire extinguishers) to the derelict and attempted to reclaim it. Sometimes I stumble upon the white ship first which helps a bit if I’m in ghetto space gear because of the medical hardsuit, if I arrive at the asteroid first it’s usually game over because no suit and no access to miner’s stuff.

Here are my impressions:

• It seems that the northeastern solar panels can be easily turned on. If you bring a tracker module from the station you can build a tracker and get rid of the timed tracking and set it to auto.

• I’m not sure but it appears that all APCs start unlocked

• The SMES cell seem to start with a little less than a third of a full load. This can hold for a while.

• A couple areas seem to be warm and full of breathable air, I usually pick one as a storage and as a “base”.

• Metal can be easily salvaged from walls which aren’t really needed, such as the remaining walls of a room which is completely exposed to space.

• The derelict mass driver starts with no power.

It seems possible to power up at least the good parts of the derelict back to operational status in time before the round ends. Should provide a safe heaven for cultist and ERPing activity. Also for bragging rights. It’s a good place if you want to play building autism fortress uninterrupted.

I wonder, is it possible to bring space heaters, canisters and crates with you to the derelict to speed up the process? What are useful things to bring to the derelict in your backpack?

Also, space exploration thread.

• In the past 2 days I’ve been spacing myself (firesuit + coffee + fire extinguishers) to the derelict and attempted to reclaim it. Sometimes I stumble upon the white ship first which helps a bit if I’m in ghetto space gear because of the medical hardsuit, if I arrive at the asteroid first it’s usually game over because no suit and no access to miner’s stuff.

Here are my impressions:

• It seems that the northeastern solar panels can be easily turned on. If you bring a tracker module from the station you can build a tracker and get rid of the timed tracking and set it to auto.

• The SMES cell seem to start with a little less than a third of a full load. This can hold for a while.

• A couple areas seem to be warm and full of breathable air, I usually pick one as a storage and as a “base”.

• Metal can be easily salvaged from walls which aren’t really needed, such as the remaining walls of a room which is completely exposed to space.

It seems possible to power up at least the good parts of the derelict back to operational status in time before the round ends. Should provide a safe heaven for cultist and ERPing activity. Also for bragging rights. It’s a good place if you want to play building autism fortress uninterrupted.

I wonder, is it possible to bring space heaters, canisters and crates with you to the derelict to speed up the process? What are useful things to bring to the derelict in your backpack?

• maybe possibly it you can build latice bridge to there dont how if they would jump z levels with you though

• It’s gonna take a lot of lattice. What’s the distance in tiles from the station’s mass driver to the derelict?

I believe items do jump z levels too, as many bodies and trash can be found in the asteroid and the derelict

• just space the space heaters. also, if your an assistant, just get a toolbelt either from start of round, aux storage, or the racks in escape hallway maint. fill up with all tools (especially t scanner if your going to derelict), then break down the normal hall in EVA sec maint area, wrench the table (it also has toolbelts, but this is only if all 3 toolbelts are jacked) and then decon the windows via screwdriver, crowbar, screwdriver, then wirecutter the grilles. pull the windows away, and you now have a sec hardsuit that can also carry an airtank in its exo slot. now you don’t need to fear being spaced to mining, and if you feel adventurous (and have insulated gloves), you can get a C02 jetpack from EVA via hacking through their, or breaking down the windows.

now your completely space ready, and if you hit mining, you have a jetpack to speed up the z-level transition.

good luck boi

also, you can hit the telecommunications area for a void suit, that also carries large air tanks, and looks stylish. it also has a teleporter, if you power it up.

the derelict also has a teleporter, so all you have to do is get a tracking beacon, go south then a bit west from the chapel’s derelict mass driver and you hit the teleporter, which is fully operational.

• The white shuttle is the best base. peroid.

• I get a full toolbelt every round. I usually don’t steal a hardsuit because I run the risk of sec catching me and slowing me down.

If I space the heaters, won’t they bounce back once they hit something?

By the way, the white ship is the best base for cultists, but it’s really boring if you’re looking for an adventure. It’s like as if you’re an engineer but the round starts with the singularity and the solars already set up, there’s nothing to do anymore.

How do you improve the white ship?

• That true shuttle wall and floors cant be changed

• The White Shuttle and Derelect are on separate Z-levels. The Derelect is on a separate Z-level from the main station, so building a spacebridge isn’t terribly effective.

The best way to move shit to the Derelect is to send a full suited individual with a teleporter beacon to one of the pressurized/heated zones. (Either steal the one in atmos or Xenobio, or have R&D build an extra one) and then set up the teleporter and just shove/throw stuff through.

Theoretically, they have an engine enclosure area, and I do believe QM can order every single piece needed to build a complete second singularity engine that isn’t already in Engineering Secure Storage, so if you don’t want to just rewire/build extra solars…

• @Spurdo_KEK:

In the past 2 days I’ve been spacing myself (firesuit + coffee + fire extinguishers) to the derelict and attempted to reclaim it. Sometimes I stumble upon the white ship first which helps a bit if I’m in ghetto space gear because of the medical hardsuit, if I arrive at the asteroid first it’s usually game over because no suit and no access to miner’s stuff.

Here are my impressions:

I once tried to get the massdriver to work again on the derelict. No amount of extra APCS, wiring, or rewiring would get it to work. I really have no idea how a massdriver works.
    Building a lattice doesn’t work. Ive tried it, and once you hit the edge of the Z-level you will fly off into space, good luck finding your way back to the lattice.
    The only surefire way to get everything you want in the same place besides using the hand teleporter is spacing it all in the same locker/crate. If you wanted to get multiple people in the same area, have them rest in the locker. Stand on it, press the button, and close the door. Whatever Z-level the locker lands on, everything inside it will also land on. The problem is with things that can’t fit in lockers.
    Spacing objects would be a very inefficent and hit/miss tactic. You’d have no way of knowing if it ever hit, unless you went there yourself.

• bring a bag of holding with ya

• Can’t put an emitter inside a bag of holding.

• you can teleport one. and the teleporter room has shield generators already, btw.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.