Nullifying Wizards

• post some tips and tricks you use and/or want to use to make the wizard useless / extremely hard to play.

when im assistant and its a confirmed wiz round, i cut every single APC’s power in the main hallways, making it pitch dark. unless they got a scyring orb, good fucking luck as every crew member is hidden in the shadows, just WAITING for you to get close to them so that they can stun glove you and/or egun then laser you to death. the only counter to this technique, besides a scyring orb, is putting two flashlights into your pocket and having it constantly on (you can still get ambushed, as it doesn’t cover the whole area and it broadcasts your location to everyone around) or spamming magic missle in the hallway every once and a while, which still makes you vulnerable.

EDIT: Yes, you can get mutate to avoid all the above, however, if your getting laser’d from multiple directions, its hard to discern who to go for, and you usually have to teleport out constantly to avoid getting completely DESTROYED. that, and a chemist hiding in the dark can chloral you. then your done for anyway.

• post some tips and tricks you use and/or want to use to make the wizard useless / extremely hard to play.

when im assistant and its a confirmed wiz round, i cut every single APC’s power in the main hallways, making it pitch dark. unless they got a scyring orb, good fucking luck as every crew member is hidden in the shadows, just WAITING for you to get close to them so that they can stun glove you and/or egun then laser you to death. the only counter to this technique, besides a scyring orb, is putting two flashlights into your pocket and having it constantly on (you can still get ambushed, as it doesn’t cover the whole area and it broadcasts your location to everyone around) or spamming magic missle in the hallway every once and a while, which still makes you vulnerable.

EDIT: Yes, you can get mutate to avoid all the above, however, if your getting laser’d from multiple directions, its hard to discern who to go for, and you usually have to teleport out constantly to avoid getting completely DESTROYED. that, and a chemist hiding in the dark can chloral you. then your done for anyway.

• by far best way i know is suicide bombing

if you cant do that, make a mutagen syringe and shoot him with it. if the wizard doesnt have antitox the next minute itll die…or you can chloral hydrate him as he cant do shit when hes unconscious. unfortunately most wizards either outrobust those who try to shoot them or just kill medbay first

• Hidden in darkness is a problem… people start turning on their flashlights and turn into shining SHOOT ME IN THE FACE beacons of light.
    There is no sure way to defang a wizard as his most destructive spell: Fireball is robeless.
    A good way would be releasing n2o and forcefeeding him burgers while hes asleep. I think the wizard robes don’t support fatness (never tried that). But his space suit sure as hell will fall off.
    So virology could just release an airborne fat virus if he has a space suit making him unable to cast magic missles and EI NATH
    Viruses are the only thing a wizard can’t avoid at all if there is any virus on the loose he will catch it no matter what. Same goes for nuke operatives but its considered griefing to release brainrot and let the captain hide in a biosuit while the whole station collapses from stupidity.

• virology:

infect self with all symptoms GBS

make sure its contact or air

hug and/or cough near wizard when he trys to stun / el nath / etc

???

profit

• I found the best way to disrobe the wizard is to splash polyacid on him. Instantly destroys his clothing and can deal damage.

I’m never chemist though, so I don’t do it often.

• Try to get that close to him first…

• @Vanellope:

A good way would be releasing n2o and forcefeeding him burgers while hes asleep. I think the wizard robes don’t support fatness (never tried that). But his space suit sure as hell will fall off.

Or you could, you know, just kill the wizard while he’s sleeping.

• I have a knack for getting close to wizs and getting away :D

Or just tase, splash, run

• Walk infront of his Fireball, it got me killed once when I only worn Necromancer robes.

• Does firesuit + cake hat/firefighter helmet protect you against fireballs?

• No, the fireball explode.

Want to avoid the wizards magic missiles? Glass panels.

• the janitors cart, a portal from a teleporter, and lockers all defend against a magic missle attack, and allows you to counter attack / get closer to the wizard / FUCK DAT FUKKEN WIZ

• as a sec guard, take beepsky off patrol mode, with weapon checks on.

Drag beepsky about, throwing your stun baton at the wizard.
    If you hit, hes stunned, if you miss, he tries to pick up the baton usually, resulting in a charging beepsky, who I’m pretty sure is immune to magic.

Alternatively you can drag around an unconcious assistant and try to get as close as possible to the wizard since it pops up a ‘who you want 2 fireball yo’ window, making him briefly unable to move which is long enough to beat his head in for a couple hits of the fireextinguisher or so, and likely he’ll be hit by his own fireball.

• Null rod provides protection from certain spells, but I might be confused with goon….

• I think the null rod is working against cultists. I heard it can even deconvert them.
    But what I’m sure about is that it protects you from cult magic nobody ever uses like stun and blind and shit.

• @Vanellope:

I think the null rod is working against cultists. I heard it can even deconvert them.
    But what I’m sure about is that it protects you from cult magic nobody ever uses like stun and blind and shit.

Also Convert, The Cult Blade and some other things.

• @Creeper:

Null rod provides protection from certain spells, but I might be confused with goon….

I recall that holy water sprayed on hallways stop wizard from teleporting/ going ethreal on them.

• @Pyko:

I recall that holy water sprayed on hallways stop wizard from teleporting/ going ethreal on them.

It blocks most of their magic when they stand on it.

• @Nernums:

Alternatively you can drag around an unconcious assistant and try to get as close as possible to the wizard since it pops up a ‘who you want 2 fireball yo’

you sure? i was a wizard yesterday and it just fires the fireball at the direction your aiming at (even with more than one person). although i remember it used to do it the way you say it does.

never take fireball, youre always likely to kill yourself with it no matter how good you think you are

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.