Jobban murderboning ai and borg

• Your BYOND key:Paro Clomas
    Your IC name:VAlentine Michael Smith
    Your job:CE
    The offenders BYOND key (if known):dont know
    The offenders ingame name: Sec borg and ai The ai is named Shrike
    The offenders job:Sec borg and ai
    Date/Time of incident: Jun 15, 2013 at 04:41 pm (Right now)
    Your story: Someone uploaded the PROTECT THE STATION set of laws, so the AI inmediately decided to kill of engineering. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US, by having the borg drag us to the door and crushing us.
    This makes no sense because

1. I didn’t do anything to harm the station.
    2. WE ARE THE ENGIES WE REPAIR THE STATION ITS OBJECTIVELY STUPID THAT THE AI WOULD KILL US.
      the ai just used its laws as a murderboner pass, and should just be jobbaned.

I AHELPED IT at the moment but there were no admins on.

• Your BYOND key:Paro Clomas
    Your IC name:VAlentine Michael Smith
    Your job:CE
    The offenders BYOND key (if known):dont know
    The offenders ingame name: Sec borg and ai The ai is named Shrike
    The offenders job:Sec borg and ai
    Date/Time of incident: Jun 15, 2013 at 04:41 pm (Right now)
    Your story: Someone uploaded the PROTECT THE STATION set of laws, so the AI inmediately decided to kill of engineering. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US, by having the borg drag us to the door and crushing us.
    This makes no sense because

1. I didn’t do anything to harm the station.
    2. WE ARE THE ENGIES WE REPAIR THE STATION ITS OBJECTIVELY STUPID THAT THE AI WOULD KILL US.
      the ai just used its laws as a murderboner pass, and should just be jobbaned.

I AHELPED IT at the moment but there were no admins on.

• just did what the ai told me to do, said you guys released the singularity

• I do support this, as I was one of the people murdered in the massacre. Just to adjust the accusation, the AI was abusing the protect station law. It said, by reaching a level 5 singularity, we were damaging the station, (even though it was still in the containment field). The AI was NOT malfunctioning at the time, and was just using the law as an excuse to kill us. I will attach some screenshots to prove my point. The screenshots show all the engineering staff dead, the AI saying that by reaching a level 5 singularity we were damaging the station, and other stuff. The AI’s Byond username is Tdistin and the borg’s name was Joehub.

• The sing was then released due to lack of power. (How, I don’t know)

• also in the defense of the ai, after about 1 minute of me killing you the sing ate the western part of engineering, lol

• by law 4’s standards, the AI should realize that if there are no engineers to tend to the singolo, it WILL RELEASE, causeing immense amounts of damage, therefore contradicting itself. which means its retarded and should be jobbanned until it uses logic more and murderbone less.

• Besides, the ai didn’t see me harming the station but said i did, which was impossible since the only actions i performed before being killed is filling plasma tanks and closing and opening secure storage.
    So he must have “assumed” i did it.

By that logic, any Ai can kill someone on the assumption that it’s a ling.

• can you drop the complaint against me? i was just being the borg and i cant really talk for the ai. im not here to argue with all your philosophies but i dont see why am i even being blamed considering borgs do whatever the ai says, and i didnt even question him considering the sing was loose

tell me how to proceed

• Borgs may be linked to the AI, but the borgs have to follow their own lawset independently as well. If the AI is malf or has asimov laws, and you have a different lawset, you have to interpret the situation by your own laws.

As a sec borg, you didn’t see anyone harming the station, you just did the AI’s bidding.

• when the ai tells you to go kill all engineers for releasing the sing,and when you get there the sing is actually released, you dont think twice. and yes the sing was released by the engineers 100%. when i got there i got empd to bajesus and back and a few seconds later it went on a rampage.

• so heres what happend

one person releases sing
    ai blames all engineers
    sec borg doesn’t think after seeing sing released
    everyone dead

am i getting the whole picture, or is there something else to this?

• That’s about right swag. And im not even sure about any of the engies releasing the singo.
    And of course saying that “the sing was released by engineers 100%” is objectively wrong because it implies all engineers where in on it and i wasnt, so i know for a fact that this is a person who claims certainty about things he knows nothing about

• there were 4 engineers including the ce there standing around, inside and outside the PE, and a released sing. youre the ce its your responsibility to maintain engineering. the only thing the ai shouldnt have done imo is kill everyone BUT you.

done replying here guys. im not lying about anything, sing was out and i did my job as the optimal borg by following my laws and listening to the ai. get the ai to talk for himself

• WE did not release the sing genius, i didn’t order the release of the sing and didn’t see ANYTHING in the  chat that would imply that somebody was about to do so.

But if the sing was released by a traitor it would be objectively wrong to kill the other engineers.

Seriously, you had no real evidence, you were just seeking an excuse for your murderboner

• doesnt matter, you neglected to maintain it and thus damaged the station by not doing your job

not rocket science

• @jh2.0:

doesnt matter, you neglected to maintain it and thus damaged the station by not doing your job

not rocket science

Terrible logic.

• no, its called logic. the engineers are responsible for maintaining something that could severely damage the station if left unattended. therefore, when it was release(even if by neglect) they indirectly caused damage to the station.

• I murder the engineers too if they fail to maintain the power… safely. And I don’t care which engineer forgot to to set up the SMES or left the Particle Accelerator on power level 2. The only reason why nobody fucks up my department is because I watch out that nobody does shit.
    It might be a bit too much but a traitor can’t sabotage the engine if you are watching it and stungloving every non engineer that is up to no good.

• Well then a good captain should check on his people, and sec should be monitoring everything, and also, since it was a human,all humans could be dangerous… Kill them all.

You can find whatever warped logic you want, but the only truth here is murderboning justification.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.