Ban Request: Frank Howe

• Your BYOND key: Wheezl
    Your IC name: Butt Monkey
    Your job: Station Engineer
    The offenders BYOND key (if known): I don’t know
    The offenders ingame name: Frank Howe
    The offenders job: Asisstant
    Date/Time of incident: Today, 3:38 PM
    Your story: Frank Howe, an assistant, spent the entire round chasing me with a fire extinguisher until he flashed me and bashed by brains in with a fire extinguisher with no provocation.

Butt Monkey has been robusted in the chest with electrical toolbox by Frank Howe!
    Building wall girders …
    Butt Monkey has been robusted in the chest with electrical toolbox by Frank Howe!

Sometime later…

Frank Howe blinds Butt Monkey with the flash!
    Butt Monkey has been slammed in the head with fire extinguisher by Frank Howe!
    Butt Monkey says, "HELP ME"
    Butt Monkey has been bashed in the chest with fire extinguisher by Frank Howe!
    Butt Monkey has been thunked in the head with fire extinguisher by Frank Howe!
    Butt Monkey has been battered in the head with fire extinguisher by Frank Howe!
    Your armor has softened hit to your head.
    Butt Monkey has been bludgeoned in the head with fire extinguisher by Frank Howe!
    Butt Monkey has been bludgeoned in the chest with fire extinguisher by Frank Howe!
    Butt Monkey has been thrashed in the head with fire extinguisher by Frank Howe!
    Your armor has protected your head.
    Michael Swabey  [145.9] asks, "Why? I could ask you the same thing, why did you bolt them?"
    Dominic Ouma  [145.9] says, "OPen again please"

• Your BYOND key: Wheezl
    Your IC name: Butt Monkey
    Your job: Station Engineer
    The offenders BYOND key (if known): I don’t know
    The offenders ingame name: Frank Howe
    The offenders job: Asisstant
    Date/Time of incident: Today, 3:38 PM
    Your story: Frank Howe, an assistant, spent the entire round chasing me with a fire extinguisher until he flashed me and bashed by brains in with a fire extinguisher with no provocation.

Building wall girders …

Sometime later…

Frank Howe blinds Butt Monkey with the flash!
    Butt Monkey says, "HELP ME"
    Butt Monkey has been bashed in the chest with fire extinguisher by Frank Howe!
    Your armor has softened hit to your head.
    Butt Monkey has been bludgeoned in the head with fire extinguisher by Frank Howe!
    Butt Monkey has been bludgeoned in the chest with fire extinguisher by Frank Howe!
    Butt Monkey has been thrashed in the head with fire extinguisher by Frank Howe!
    Your armor has protected your head.
    Michael Swabey  [145.9] asks, "Why? I could ask you the same thing, why did you bolt them?"
    Dominic Ouma  [145.9] says, "OPen again please"

• Did you really expect to survive the round while being named Butt Monkey?

• isn’t there a clause saying you can kill badly named characters / they don’t have protection in the rules?

• I knew that name looked familiar as I play under random, now that I am here you can see the full story since you neglected, lets say everything. Starts with security and him in tech storage, security leaves, he pushes me, then tries to push me out of tech, hit him 1 time walk off come back hit him 1 more time walk off which he fixes wall.

Later that time he follows me into a.i core sees me grab a A.I module, him and another SE who has stun gloves literally put me into near crit(This starts with them both blocking me in core to murder me to north bridge they chased to kill me), he personally put me into spitting up blood using a lit welding tool while other stunned me using stun gloves claiming "We need to take him to jail(Other Se doesn’t know why). I get to medical which the other SE chases me to still trying to stun glove me but a doctor saves me for the moment. I ended up dead soon afterwards from Cryo being changed to a lethal chemical(Intentional or not unknown). So I die.

I get cloned luckily after 5 minutes or so, I end up finding my old body and a flash. Then here is the part he copy and pasted while neglecting the rest. This guy pulls out a flamethrower and TRIES TO BURN ME TO DEATH south of the core but gets flashed. Yes, I flashed him down at this point since I am not blind and know what a flamethrower looks like when held(He pulled it out when he noticed my name) and beat him after he tried to flamethrower me. No security were available to assist so this was to stop him now before he either A)Stun gloves and kills me B) Sets me on fire and die in the fire-locks without tools so this is justified for use of lethal force by self defense C) Murders more.

Notice as he pretends it is that he was being chased around the entire round as if I hunted him down like a poor animal. This people is your classic I tried to kill and failed so I will pretend to be the innocent victim. Entire timeline was a->original provocation of 2 hits walking off take Freeform module being put into near death/dies after being chased to north bridge which no security responded to help while using a lit welder, cloned, next encounter occurring about 10-20 minutes after the first incident which was abrupt as he pulled a flamethrower on me followed by instant flash and death 2-3 minutes before round end.

Basically he is mad that he didn’t get to murder me a second time using his shiny new flamethrower and had to wait all 3-5 minutes for the shuttle to reach Centcom. If this doesn’t work yes you can kill badly named players according to the official rules they are considered a human, not protected by law, not protected by rules, and limited by rules. Maybe next time :/

• @Reapter:

I knew that name looked familiar as I play under random, now that I am here you can see the full story since you neglected, lets say everything. Starts with security and him in tech storage, security leaves, he pushes me, then tries to push me out of tech, hit him 1 time walk off come back hit him 1 more time walk off which he fixes wall.

So the first thing you say in your defense is admit that you tried to kill me without provocation? What’s a genius like you doing playing video games; you should have won a Nobel Prize by now!

@Reapter:

Later that time he follows me into a.i core sees me grab a A.I module, him and another SE who has stun gloves literally put me into near crit(This starts with them both blocking me in core to murder me to north bridge they chased to kill me), he personally put me into spitting up blood using a lit welding tool while other stunned me using stun gloves claiming "We need to take him to jail(Other Se doesn’t know why). I get to medical which the other SE chases me to still trying to stun glove me but a doctor saves me for the moment. I ended up dead soon afterwards from Cryo being changed to a lethal chemical(Intentional or not unknown). So I die.

After running away when you couldn’t kill me the first time you tried to steal an A.I. module and were caught by another engineer. The other engineer called me to help him corral you into the AI core so he could put cable restraints on you. You tried to attack me with the fire extinguisher again and I fought back with the welding tool because that’s all I had to defend myself. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of trusting security to arrest you. I don’t know anything about what was going on in medbay, I wasn’t lucky enough to get cloned when you killed me. At this point you have assaulted two engineers, committed grand trespass, and stole an AI module.

@Reapter:

Notice as he pretends it is that he was being chased around the entire round as if I hunted him down like a poor animal. This people is your classic I tried to kill and failed so I will pretend to be the innocent victim. Entire timeline was a->original provocation of 2 hits walking off take Freeform module being put into near death/dies after being chased to north bridge which no security responded to help while using a lit welder, cloned, next encounter occurring about 10-20 minutes after the first incident which was abrupt as he pulled a flamethrower on me followed by instant flash and death 2-3 minutes before round end.

Basically he is mad that he didn’t get to murder me a second time using his shiny new flamethrower and had to wait all 3-5 minutes for the shuttle to reach Centcom. If this doesn’t work yes you can kill badly named players according to the official rules they are considered a human, not protected by law, not protected by rules, and limited by rules. Maybe next time :/

After I saw you a third time with a bloody uniform; holding a flash in one hand and a bloody fire extinguisher in the other, I wasn’t going to ask you nicely to turn yourself in. Sorry, no matter what your mother tells you, you earn respect, you’re not entitled to it. Props for stealing the flash so you could stun me so I couldn’t fight back or try to escape, I never even had a chance to light the flamethrower I made to protect myself from the madman who had tried to kill me twice before.

PS: My mother named me Butt Monkey you insensitive twat.

• @Wheezl:

So the first thing you say in your defense is admit that you tried to kill me without provocation? What’s a genius like you doing playing video games; you should have won a Nobel Prize by now!

No, he specifically said that all it was was 2 hits. thats all. in who’s book does 2 hits equate with trying to kill?

• @torrasque666:

No, he specifically said that all it was was 2 hits. thats all. in who’s book does 2 hits equate with trying to kill?

So I’m suppose to read his fucking mind and tell if he’s planning on killing me or just beating the piss out of me? Since when is it kosher to say hello to a CE by smacking him on the head with a toolbox? Let’s not argue semantics and stick to the facts. Reapter (as Frank Howe):

1. Was trespassing in tech storage, assaulted me/attempted to kill me with a fire extinguisher when I tried to do some repairs on the wall

2. Broke into the AI Upload, stole an AI module and assaulted another CE and I when he was caught

3. Ambushed me in arrivals, flashing me and then killing me with his fire extinguisher before I had a chance to react

• Hey Weezl, maybe you should have read the rules, there is a part that talks about rights for each type of crew member, badly named crew members can be killed on sight as they have no legal protection. Sorry that you didn’t read the rules, some of us have, it’s okay hun, we all die sometimes.

• Due to your badly named character you have no protection by the law or the admins. If you want to use a bad name like that, you are free game to anyone who wants to kill you.

• @Wheezl:

2 hits and walking off isn’t considered attempted murder can’t imagine how it is and your book so you even confirm this in what you posted.

After running away when you couldn’t kill me the first time you tried to steal an A.I. module and were caught by another engineer. The other engineer called me to help him corral you into the AI core so he could put cable restraints on you. You tried to attack me with the fire extinguisher again and I fought back with the welding tool because that’s all I had to defend myself. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of trusting security to arrest you. I don’t know anything about what was going on in medbay, I wasn’t lucky enough to get cloned when you killed me. At this point you have assaulted two engineers, committed grand trespass, and stole an AI module.

Chasing people across the map and trying to murder them isn’t self defense especially if the attacker left, your also not security. Also the other engineer was untouched in fact he thought your murder was funny in dead chat. The other engineer also no matter what didn’t ask you to murder me if he did so. Notice as he didn’t try and kill me using a lit welder he tried to stun glove me.

After I saw you a third time with a bloody uniform; holding a flash in one hand and a bloody fire extinguisher in the other, I wasn’t going to ask you nicely to turn yourself in. Sorry, no matter what your mother tells you, you earn respect, you’re not entitled to it. Props for stealing the flash so you could stun me so I couldn’t fight back or try to escape, I never even had a chance to light the flamethrower I made to protect myself from the madman who had tried to kill me twice before.

It isn’t nice to ask with a flamethrower that you pull out without saying anything first.

PS: My mother named me Butt Monkey you insensitive twat.

Blame your parents for no space law protection even if I had do anything wrong and brush up on what is considered self defense and assault.

• @Reapter:

2 hits and walking off isn’t considered attempted murder can’t imagine how it is and your book so you even confirm this in what you posted.

You didn’t walk off, I ran away. If I had stayed in tech storage it’s a safe bet you would’ve killed me.

@Reapter:

It isn’t nice to ask with a flamethrower that you pull out without saying anything first.

I didn’t attack you, you ambushed me with the flash. It doesn’t matter if I was carrying an energy gun, you can’t lynch me if  I haven’t used it to hurt anybody.

@Reapter:

Blame your parents for no space law protection even if I had do anything wrong and brush up on what is considered self defense and assault.

You haven’t offered me one reason why you decided to break into tech storage and the AI upload and assault two station engineers. Even if you could prove that my murder was justified, you have no excuses for everything else I saw you do that round.

• @Wheezl:

I didn’t attack you, you ambushed me with the flash. It doesn’t matter if I was carrying an energy gun, you can’t lynch me if  I haven’t used it to hurt anybody.

A station engineer is not supposed to have an egun, therefore it can automatically be assumed by its presence that it is wielded with malicious intent.

• @torrasque666:

A station engineer is not supposed to have an egun, therefore it can automatically be assumed by its presence that it is wielded with malicious intent.

I didn’t have an egun genius, and since when is possession of a weapon a capital sentence?

• You’re mistaking crime and punishment with self-defense. I was just pointing out that in the scenario you presented, it is fully reasonable to robust the engineer

• Look at the two examples of bad names on the wiki: A deliberately confusing-with-antags name, and a lol4chan9gaginternetmeme name.

A name with “Butt” in it isn’t quite on the same level as either of those.

If you think someone has a killworthy name, clear it with any online admins first since you people have terrible discretion as a whole.

• @Wheezl:

You didn’t walk off, I ran away. If I had stayed in tech storage it’s a safe bet you would’ve killed me.

I did or else you wouldn’t have fixed the wall, which may I add was well and fixed before you decided to try and murder me.

Big difference between just carrying and pulling out at sight of me walking by.

You haven’t offered me one reason why you decided to break into tech storage and the AI upload and assault two station engineers. Even if you could prove that my murder was justified, you have no excuses for everything else I saw you do that round.

Do you realize what server you are on? This isn’t a hardcore no one but Antags may commit a crime server. Also A.I left core open trying to become rogue, I stole a freeform and left before a traitor got it. Assault may occur just not full meaningless murders. Theft is allowed, again call security they are there to enforce it. Just no random murders/massive grief.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.