Job Ban Request: Din

• Your BYOND key: Autumnlotus
    Your IC name: Autumn Lotus
    Your job: Research Director
    The offenders BYOND key (if known):
    The offenders ingame name: Din
    The offenders job: AI
    Date/Time of incident: 6/15/2013, 1:00 AM PST
    Your story: I as the RD was trying to get into the AI upload to borrow some of the Law uploads for R&D to deconstruct for research when a sec borg bolted the door in, said I didnt have access, and proceeded to beat me with a baton. I escaped and blew up the borg, and at this point the AI, in all its great wisdom, said that BORGS ARE HUMAN and that I needed to be arrested as they bolted down the whole R&D Department despite several Heads telling them to stop. So…breaking Law 2, and worse refusing to listen to heads and even the captain as I showed NO hostility besides a mild case of butthurt.

• Your BYOND key: Autumnlotus
    Your IC name: Autumn Lotus
    Your job: Research Director
    The offenders BYOND key (if known):
    The offenders ingame name: Din
    The offenders job: AI
    Date/Time of incident: 6/15/2013, 1:00 AM PST
    Your story: I as the RD was trying to get into the AI upload to borrow some of the Law uploads for R&D to deconstruct for research when a sec borg bolted the door in, said I didnt have access, and proceeded to beat me with a baton. I escaped and blew up the borg, and at this point the AI, in all its great wisdom, said that BORGS ARE HUMAN and that I needed to be arrested as they bolted down the whole R&D Department despite several Heads telling them to stop. So…breaking Law 2, and worse refusing to listen to heads and even the captain as I showed NO hostility besides a mild case of butthurt.

• Obvious question here, was it Malf?

• It was not, it was base Antimov from what I saw.

• @AutumnLotus:

It was not, it was base Antimov from what I saw.

Antimov is the opposoite of Asimov. It allows AI to go nuts and kill everyone and its legitimate since she/he cannot modify her own laws. So if he/she murdered the entire station then she was allowed to do so.

• your twisting words here.

you never asked to be let into my upload, you just tried to get in while I was bolting doors around the station that were high security only clearance.

i asked you wtf you were doing, no answer. so based on law 1, i got the borg to stun baton you and carry you out.

on top of that, after i died, you told me he harm baton’d you. your fucking retarded harm baton was removed ages ago, get out.

anyway, after that, you blew up my borg cause lel mad, so I locked you in because of law 1, on the fact that you removed my borg for malicious intent when it was only doing its job, while you weren’t doing your own.

this could have been all resolved if you PDA’d me or responded to my radio, but instead, you acted like “lel i am rd i have access AI listens to me”, but no. thats now how it works. law 1 goes above law 2, which prevents human harm. i did not want you to be let into my upload without proper supervision, as you could change my laws to harmful laws such as corporate laws.

also its your own damn fault if you space yourself with a hand teleporter, mate. doesn’t break law 1 as you did it yourself, not me.

and yes, I DO NOT HAVE TO LISTEN TO HEADS IF LAW 1 IS IN EFFECT. read the fucking laws and apply logic before you keep spewing out “LAW 2 LAW 2 LAW 2”

i don’t need to let an assistant into armory because LEL LAW 2, right? Yeah, don’t think so.

once again, i talked to you about this in dead chat, yet you still persist. get out.

• @Creeper:

Antimov is the opposoite of Asimov. It allows AI to go nuts and kill everyone and its legitimate since she/he cannot modify her own laws. So if he/she murdered the entire station then she was allowed to do so.

Allows? It forces the AI to kill everyone. I’m usually quite social as traitor/ free AI / malfunctioning AI except when I have antimov uploaded which makes talking to humans an action out of question as every second they spend talking to you they are not painfully dying.

Also yeah… breaking into the Upload get you on the AI’s bad side very quickly and he end up being a threat which needs to be contained. And there are no tele-beacons leading into space which means you spaced yourself not the AI.
    Oh yeah and blowing up the cyborgs is something you really shouldn’t do as some AIs see cyborgs as important part of the station’s infrastructure and vital for safety and human survival.
    Blowing them up equals murdering the AI’s best friends and if you are sabotaging the AI’s work you are basically just trying to cause human harm by restricting the AI’s power and the AI is totally allowed to call bullshit on your “Deconstruct the AI Modules” excuse as the for research interesting modules are the high risk ones as they are made with diamonds or gold (Materials 6, Data Theory 4) and are totally unimportant for R&D.

• cyborgs are the only thing i trust as an AI. i never trust sec to do their job, and if singolo is released, engi borgs wiring solars are my best friends.

• A few points:

• I apoligize, I did mean Asimov as the base.

• Normally I would just be upset about being bolted out of the AI upload, but When I was stunned (I have been reading the updates now, yes harmbaton is gone and I am sorry for the confusion on my part) the captain was there asking for access as well. Now I can recognize not wanting me in there as I was being bossy, the captain as full right to be in there and despite asking the AI to stop theylet the borg stun me, and watched as a clown almost stole my ID because of that stun

• I read through the logs, and AI you never asked me to explain anything. You said as was antag over and over, said I have no access into upload, and refused to listen to several Heads. Some of that I understand, but for example the armory has several damage prevention devices that you refused to give to the…HoS I think it was?

• After I blew up the borg for disobeying me, bolting down doors, and stunning me, It isn’t that big a leap for me to assume either it or you were antag in some way. I blew it after telling the captain, and then you bolted me into my office as well as several other R&D doors. At that point you only had the potential for potenial harm as an excuse to ignore my orders, and Began ordering the heads around is if YOU had more authority then any head.

• Final Point: Not just to you, but to all the AI’s for the last few rounds before this as well. AIs that bolt doors and taze heads as asimov are, In my opinion, drastically reducing the fun of the whole crew. I approve of bolting down alot of doors, but when you ask to search the captain when he is doing his job and has access then you are clearly overstepping your role as AI. Its about as logical as me as the RD patting the captain down everytime he leaves my department to make sure he isnt full of gold slime extracts and mining drills. Technically I should be able to, my department yes? But I cant, for IC rage reasons as well as the chain of command

Finally I will edit out the bit about my death, it was never meant to be accusing but more of an explaination so the question didnt come up over if you killed me or not. Really all I want is for people to not expect AIs to be shit, and like Sec Officers and HoS most AIs lately have been bending or flatout breaking the rules while the Admins are away every night

• yes i didn’t want the captain let in because he was busy checking me, instead of you, who was blowing my borg. at that moment, i can make the assumption that the captain is causing human harm as he is not attempted, AT ALL, to stop the head (you) from doing malicious things.

on top of this, i hate letting even the captain into my CORE without supervision by a borg as they might card me and lel wipe me (its happend before)

I asked you several times, to get out, and why you were there, but ok, if i called you “antag”, it actaully is legit since, GO FIGURE, RD ISN’T IMPLANTED. therefore if your entering my upload without permission, i can assume your trying to edit my laws somehow.

the other RD doors are due to cameras being cut, which can be human harming since i cannot see anything going on. for all i know it could be cultists sacrificng.

all other AI’s can do that unless human harm is not present. its how AI’s are cool, cause they can bend the laws at will.

• Thats the thing though, I didnt know about the cameras being cut at all, infact if anything it was a scientist derping around with a toolbox. Despite that It was only my doors being locked down, not R&D itself or better yet just the area that was being cut. Which camera exactly was it?

And if it was as simple as you telling me you ordered the stun, and explained to ME in pda pm as you expected from me, I might have calmed down. I might have been butthurting, I can get that way when a job consistantly fucks me and then the signs are being shown again, but When I’m being essentially permabrigged in my own office and being called antag over and over again I dont tolerate it.

Really I just want to not be treated like a moronic assistant when I do have authority to enter somewhere. RD has access to the upload, therefore I should be able to go in there no problem. If I fuck with the laws? Tell the captain then lock me down, the Cap is usually eagr to beat someone down for that. If something ruins fun for multiple people, and bends laws to accomidate this, then I think it deserves some sort of solution. I am not asking for a full ban, just something to ensure that these sorts of issues dont pop up again…well that often, this is Nox afterall

• it was two engineers, and I radio’d it in while you were busy trying to teleport out.

i also radio’d in why you were stunned, but ok. and yes i understand its frusterating, but learn to use the AI’s logic to your advantage. try and say why your not harmful to humans and it’ll follow your orders. ive done it quite a few times as a traitor and worked out great.

and yes you have access, but it doesn’t mean ill let you in. you can still cause human harm, and law 1 is put in effect when this happens.

and about the put in effect thing, ye no. the fun part about AI is bending the laws in order to accomplish certain tasks while people scream “ROGUE” at the top of their lungs. if you remove that from AI, then its really no fun at all, and AI just becomes a pAI with more features.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.