Fun Armor Stats

• So… I was taking a look at /tg/ code (which is what we p much use), and found some pretty interesting stats.

Those who weren’t sold on the fact that scientists are only there to blow shit up, should take a look at this:

/obj/item/clothing/under/rank/scientist
            desc = “It’s made of a special fiber that provides minor protection against biohazards. It has markings that denote the wearer as a scientist.”
            name = “scientist’s jumpsuit”
            icon_state = “toxins”
            item_state = “w_suit”
            color = “toxinswhite”
            permeability_coefficient = 0.50
            armor = list(melee = 0, bullet = 0, laser = 0,energy = 0, bomb = 10, bio = 0, rad = 0)

A few times, we get people complaining about admins spawning themselves as an invulnerable plague doctor, and I was one of those complainers until I checked the stats of the jumpsuit they wear.

/obj/item/clothing/under/acj
            name = “administrative cybernetic jumpsuit”
            icon_state = “syndicate”
            item_state = “bl_suit”
            color = “syndicate”
            desc = “it’s a cybernetically enhanced jumpsuit used for administrative duties.”
            gas_transfer_coefficient = 0.01
            permeability_coefficient = 0.01
            heat_transfer_coefficient = 0.01
            protective_temperature = 100000
            flags = FPRINT | TABLEPASS | SUITSPACE
            body_parts_covered = UPPER_TORSO|LOWER_TORSO|LEGS|FEET|ARMS|HANDS
            armor = list(melee = 100, bullet = 100, laser = 100,energy = 100, bomb = 100, bio = 100, rad = 100)

For atmos techs, or generally anyone with a firesuit that is dealing with huge fires, and doesn’t like the fire helmet, heres a great alternative that usually only the clown picks up:

/obj/item/clothing/head/cakehat
            name = “cake-hat”
            desc = “It’s tasty looking!”
            icon_state = “cake0”
            var/onfire = 0.0
            var/status = 0
            flags = FPRINT|TABLEPASS|HEADSPACE|HEADCOVERSEYES
          var/fire_resist = T0C+1300      //this is the max temp it can stand before you start to cook. although it might not burn away, you take damage

didn’t even know the cake hat is that robust.

• So… I was taking a look at /tg/ code (which is what we p much use), and found some pretty interesting stats.

Those who weren’t sold on the fact that scientists are only there to blow shit up, should take a look at this:

/obj/item/clothing/under/rank/scientist
            desc = “It’s made of a special fiber that provides minor protection against biohazards. It has markings that denote the wearer as a scientist.”
            name = “scientist’s jumpsuit”
            icon_state = “toxins”
            item_state = “w_suit”
            color = “toxinswhite”
            permeability_coefficient = 0.50
            armor = list(melee = 0, bullet = 0, laser = 0,energy = 0, bomb = 10, bio = 0, rad = 0)

A few times, we get people complaining about admins spawning themselves as an invulnerable plague doctor, and I was one of those complainers until I checked the stats of the jumpsuit they wear.

/obj/item/clothing/under/acj
            name = “administrative cybernetic jumpsuit”
            icon_state = “syndicate”
            item_state = “bl_suit”
            color = “syndicate”
            desc = “it’s a cybernetically enhanced jumpsuit used for administrative duties.”
            gas_transfer_coefficient = 0.01
            permeability_coefficient = 0.01
            heat_transfer_coefficient = 0.01
            protective_temperature = 100000
            flags = FPRINT | TABLEPASS | SUITSPACE
            body_parts_covered = UPPER_TORSO|LOWER_TORSO|LEGS|FEET|ARMS|HANDS
            armor = list(melee = 100, bullet = 100, laser = 100,energy = 100, bomb = 100, bio = 100, rad = 100)

For atmos techs, or generally anyone with a firesuit that is dealing with huge fires, and doesn’t like the fire helmet, heres a great alternative that usually only the clown picks up:

/obj/item/clothing/head/cakehat
            name = “cake-hat”
            desc = “It’s tasty looking!”
            icon_state = “cake0”
            var/onfire = 0.0
            var/status = 0
            flags = FPRINT|TABLEPASS|HEADSPACE|HEADCOVERSEYES
          var/fire_resist = T0C+1300      //this is the max temp it can stand before you start to cook. although it might not burn away, you take damage

didn’t even know the cake hat is that robust.

• This is some good stuff. I’ll have to look up some of that information myself. However, is the number stated of resistance the chance to absoarb/migate damage or the amount it migates? Or something like that.

• Very interesting. That cake hat….

• Gotta steal a cake hat today.

• I gotta check up on that, Lone, but im pretty sure that effect is constant, aka it mitagates the damage completely

• The Riot helmet protects from cold, which is rather odd.

• as well as the bio hood. atleast, when ive worn a hardsuit, I could work around with a bio hood and take no cold damage

• Can someone please post everything about the firesuit?

• firesuits protect against pressure (most), and fire, but not cold. if you get coffee, its a ghetto spess suit that any assistant / clown / anyone with maint access can get.

• That what I was thinking about, I read about it in the /tg/ wiki page about how cultists can get into space for safe locations.

Do I need to spam click drink coffee or how many do I need?

• one drink of coffee usually provides 10-15 seconds of heat, but thats off hand guesstimation.

its about a min if you drink a whole coffee cup, so if you get a box and fill it with shit tons of coffee, you can space yourself to DJ station or derelict in about 4-5 mins into the game, get red space suit then come back with a bunch of goodies.

and yes, you can survive in open space with a firesuit. just bring one bruisepack with you if your going around in it for long term in space just incase

• Before, you lasted exactly one min in space with internals, unprotected.
    Drinking one cup coffee added 1 min and for eatch cup you got 1.5x the time.
    That was more than enought to get a suit, if you didn’t get stuck in a loop.(use the massdriver.)

Now, vacuum deals about 3/4 pressure damage (wtf?) and 1/4 temperature damage it used to, and since firesuits gives you PRESSURE immunity, you take 1/4 of the damage.
    However, as the mining z-level is now possible to reach from space, it’s a small chanche to hit the spacesuit less z-level, loosing speed(from the massdriver) and time, so you won’t have time to find another z-level.

• I still don’t understand how the z-level works. When you hit the border, do you get into a random other z-level or there specific coordinates to the entrance of specific z-levels? it doesn’t seem constant.

• Random every time. It makes spess travel annoying.

• or you could just take cryoxadone

• which the medbay staff fight you tooth and nail for (Unless your chemist, then gg)

• You would be surpised how easy it is to walk up to cryo, eject the beakers, and stick them in your pocket, and leave.
    Nobody will notice until someone dies in cryo.

• When I’m a Chemist and the doctors throw the cryo beakers at me to make into clonexadone, I fit the cells with beakers contatining 20 cryox, 20 clonex, and 10 space drugs just so the patient stays entertained.

• mmm, mindbreaker – i mean, space drugs cough

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.