Stun Gloves

• i personally like nerfing them to that definite disarm, like nernums was talking about.

call me a whiner but now that ive played with stun gloves, i realize how OP as fuck they are. they’re mini stun batons with almost no way to detect they are there until you get fucked up. there’s even enough time to pull a restraint made out of wire to get you caught if they just wanna jack your shit.

and they can be made quite easily as well.

man i sound like a whiner now don’t I. i play without stun gloves as assistant and its taught me more tricks on how to be more robust then with shitty stun gloves, but then again, meh.

• i personally like nerfing them to that definite disarm, like nernums was talking about.

call me a whiner but now that ive played with stun gloves, i realize how OP as fuck they are. they’re mini stun batons with almost no way to detect they are there until you get fucked up. there’s even enough time to pull a restraint made out of wire to get you caught if they just wanna jack your shit.

and they can be made quite easily as well.

man i sound like a whiner now don’t I. i play without stun gloves as assistant and its taught me more tricks on how to be more robust then with shitty stun gloves, but then again, meh.

• Making them more difficult to make would be best if anything was to be done to them.

• Yes. pls.

batteries are easy to find / get, especially if you have engineering or robotics / scientist access.

cable is everywhere.

TONS of gloves in medbay / cargo / robotics

• @Swagile:

Yes. pls.

batteries are easy to find / get, especially if you have engineering or robotics / scientist access.

cable is everywhere.

TONS of gloves in medbay / cargo / robotics

I don’t know, usually they are my only line of defence against much worse threats, or a means of escape. I don’t usually use them for killing someone.

Once a Nuke Operative shot me while I was just inside the starboard airlock of the Singularity Engine area. I got pulled back out by him and he started trying to dispatch other people. Freezing to death, dying of low pressures, and dying from asphyxiation, I got back up and stungloved him (He was standing right next to me). I wouldn’t be able to get back inside because of the pressure and the cold, so I grabbed him and threw him into the containment feild between the PA and the top of the sing. He got shocked about 3 times and broke a window before the singularity ate him.

And thus ended me and a single nuke operative. Storytime aside, stun gloves are a very good last line of defence, pretty much like a sure-fire disarm intent. Yes, they might be overpowered, and they’re really horrible if someone intends to kill you with them, but they can be applied in a non-lethal manner, and usually what other choice do the people who are making them have, besides hitting someone on the head with an extingisher, which has a shoddy chance at best of knocking the person out.

• I usually don’t build stun gloves. Being immune to shocks or able to touch lights or punch someone seems more useful to me.
    I’m not really a fighter though. Also we shouldn’t nerf stun gloves we should nerf or remove cable retrains which is the lethal part in the combination. Once you are cuffed you are in for a VERY bad time as the attacker can do to you what they want or just leave you in the hallway for the next assistant to steal all your gear.
    Handcuffs are a bit more difficult to get by except in the cases when security is really and I mean REALLY stupid and whoever manages to steal security gear deserves to be able to use it in all its terror.

• @Vanellope:

I usually don’t build stun gloves. Being immune to shocks or able to touch lights or punch someone seems more useful to me.
    I’m not really a fighter though. Also we shouldn’t nerf stun gloves we should nerf or remove cable retrains which is the lethal part in the combination. Once you are cuffed you are in for a VERY bad time as the attacker can do to you what they want or just leave you in the hallway for the next assistant to steal all your gear.
    Handcuffs are a bit more difficult to get by except in the cases when security is really and I mean REALLY stupid and whoever manages to steal security gear deserves to be able to use it in all its terror.

The cable restrains are what’s the worst. As CE I always keep a pre-made pair in my pocket. Any shitstain seen breaking into engineering promptly gets stunned, cuffed, and buckled to a chair for a quick search. If they’re a faggot and scream “TATER IN ENGINEERING CE IS ROUGE HALP CAPTAIN” i’ll just strip and disposal them.

I fully agree with the statement though. Also it takes a lot longer than 10 seconds to undo cable restraints, even though it still says 10 in chat.

• Make the stungloves have a chance to shock the user.
    And by shock, I mean completely empty its battery causing some burn damage to hands.

@Vanellope:

we should nerf or remove cable retrains which is the lethal part in the combination.

Maybe make em so that you can attempt to remove them even while moving/dragged.
    And possibly even disable the bucklecuff with them, or at least reduce the time drastically.

Also while we are on it, nerf wet floors.
    They are even worse than stungloves, and easier to make.
    Its just ridiculous how you can cuff and completely strip a person while he is trying to get up after slipping from a wet floor.

Make the water have only like 33% chance to slip, as well as reduce the time taken to get up.
    Not to mention that 95% of the time its non-antags just robbing each other.

Or you could make the jackboots slip proof on wetfloors, as well as give the heads and cap No-Slip Syndicate Nanotrasen Boots.

• Whenever I play Security, I always trade my Jackboots for sneakers. Not only do I look cool as fuck, I’m silent.

Do jackboots DO anything for you besides announce your presence to everyone?

• wet floors are actually funny as you can see them coming if watch out and nothing is more robust than beating someone with a glass of water if you slip while chasing the clown its your own fault.
    If some engineer turned their insulated gloves into stun gloves, charges you and restrains you with cables there was nothing you could have done to foresee or prevent it unless you are paranoid and heavily armed.
    And please don’t give security or anyone who is not the janitor anti slip boots.
    The game is not about removing the main weakness of a single job which in security’s case is slipping on wet floor while holding a stun baton in their hand. Also how many times did someone slip and not get murdered and/or robbed while trying to get up?
    Its a fact that most assaults happen with stun weapons that are not wet floors or banana peels but with stun gloves, chloral hydrate, energy guns which are the preferred weapons of the crew and then of course the screwdriver to the eyes.

As an edit:
    Yes jackboots are annoying but I think they prevent you from being pulled or pushed I think.

• @Vanellope:

wet floors are actually funny as you can see them coming if watch out and nothing is more robust than beating someone with a glass of water if you slip while chasing the clown its your own fault.
    If some engineer turned their insulated gloves into stun gloves, charges you and restrains you with cables there was nothing you could have done to foresee or prevent it unless you are paranoid and heavily armed.
    And please don’t give security or anyone who is not the janitor anti slip boots.
    The game is not about removing the main weakness of a single job which in security’s case is slipping on wet floor while holding a stun baton in their hand. Also how many times did someone slip and not get murdered and/or robbed while trying to get up?
    Its a fact that most assaults happen with stun weapons that are not wet floors or banana peels but with stun gloves, chloral hydrate, energy guns which are the preferred weapons of the crew and then of course the screwdriver to the eyes.

As an edit:
    Yes jackboots are annoying but I think they prevent you from being pulled or pushed I think.

Space lube is OP. A small greande of it sends people about 40 tiles down medbay hall.

• @Vanellope:

The game is not about removing the main weakness of a single job which in security’s case is slipping on wet floor while holding a stun baton in their hand.

I had no issues with wet floors if the issue was only with things at their hands, but you have more than enough time remove and grab couple items from them and run away before they get up.

• @LoneSoldier55:

Whenever I play Security, I always trade my Jackboots for sneakers. Not only do I look cool as fuck, I’m silent.

They provide protection from attacks that target your legs, which nobody targets nowadays.

• lets make it realistic:

stun gloves are easy because theres a metric ton of gloves on the station. make it so unless the process is applied to insulated gloves, it shocks you (for less time then it shocks the other guy, though [if needed], so you get a guaranteed disarm)

making them just a guaranteed disarm makes them total shit, and the process wont be worth the time of making them when you can just disarm people normally

• Stun gloves, especially gloves that run on regular cells, run out of charge extremely fast, and are fairly obvious. Latex gloves on anyone other than doctors, any kind of glove on an assistant, engineers, I can always tell who uses stun gloves. Plus the stun time for armored combatants drastically reduces per level of armor. And the fatal flaw: You have no warning when the charge runs out, until you try to use them and the nuke ops doesn’t drop with his C-20R.

• Make it so you can only make stun gloves out of insulated gloves. One, they’re alot more rare to find and two, the user has to make a difficult choice, either have gloves that stun people or resist shock. Doing that would cut down the amount of stun gloves around the station and make people chose very wisely if they want to change the gloves to stun people or not. Plus it kinda makes sense that only insulated work since the idea of stun gloves is they shock people so normal gloves you would probably shock yourself using them.

• @LoneSoldier55:

They go with the metrocop outfit

give stungloves made from anything but insulated/fire proof gloves a chance to catch on fire, stunning and burning the user

• @Creeper:

They provide protection from attacks that target your legs, which nobody targets nowadays.

Does leg/feet damage impair your movement? if not, they’re useless.

• @Spurdo_KEK:

Does leg/feet damage impair your movement? if not, they’re useless.

No, but the fact that the Jackboots is the only item that protect feet… Its better to have them then shoes.

• @Creeper:

No, but the fact that the Jackboots is the only item that protect feet… Its better to have them then shoes.

having foot protection on the off chance someone hits you in the leg because they forgot to target the head after the used a bruise pack
    is better than being able to move without alerting everyone within a 10 tile radius that there’s a sec officer around

No, jackboots are shit.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.