Captain's job

• What should the Captain really be doing during the round? I assume half of his job is to secure the nuclear disk and/or the other sensitive items in his quarters.

• What should the Captain really be doing during the round? I assume half of his job is to secure the nuclear disk and/or the other sensitive items in his quarters.

• @Spurdo_KEK:

What should the Captain really be doing during the round? I assume half of his job is to secure the nuclear disk and/or the other sensitive items in his quarters.

Create an autism fortress to hide the disk in and prolong the round. Other than that he’s going to slip outside of bontay, get beaten and stipped, and then we have all accsess greytides running around.

• @LoneSoldier55:

Other than that he’s going to slip outside of bontay, get beaten and stipped, and then we have all accsess greytides running around.

Nope that is the HoP.
    The captain is actually there to prepare the crew for emergency situations that will happen and it would work quite well if anyone would actually listen.

• inb4 "CAPTAIN IS A COMDOM!11!

• Captain should make sure the heads do their jobs, secure the disk, and try to keep the station under control in the event of an emergency. Most captains do none of this, they instead act as… well a shitlord ESO (regular ESO) and just fuck around killing/stunning shit.

• no one helps the captain unless it a sydie round. break his gun out cuz you know someone going to break into though is bathroom and take it anyway which reminds me why isn’t that door captain only and why has some walls been down graded from reinforced to regular seems odd for high secure areas make them easier to get into.

• one of the mappers is a greytiding faggot and removed Rwalls there cause its so easy to get in via that way.

also, as captain, i prepare all access ID’s for RD (lasercanons, adv eguns, etc) for emergencies, as they might need to replace batteries in APC’s if syndies drop a power sink, if they want to mine, etc.

as well as QM, for ordering needed crates, allows them access to areas with crates, and allows them to open any crate during emergencies, including flamethrowers during a xeno round, laserguns during a spiderling round, etc.

Throw the pin pointer at HoP (usually a fucktard who gives all access for no raisin) HoS (usually in brig or robusted by an assistant / botanist / clown) or, if he’s doing his job, the safest to give it to is the Warden, as he’s at the brig 24/7, which is one of the securest areas (lel). The infrastructure is shit, but the warden is usually surrounded by 1-2 sec guards with tasers. Even if they’re shit at fighting syndies / other people, this will still give the warden time to get back up and shoot the fucks as they’re busy attacking the other sec officers.

Usually you also hand your hand teleporter to the RD because if you even one bit competent, you’d realise that you CANNOT TELEPORT WITH THE NUKE DISK ANYWHERE ON YOUR PERSON. therefore, if your doing your job, and keeping it on you (and lets be honest, anywhere else but on you is retarded as syndicate get bombs / emags / power sinks to bust your shit)

the only place that is remotely safe compared to on you or vault (LEL NO), is the AI’s core.

either then that, your job mostly contains actually co-ordinating the heads, demoting and promoting said heads, and basically being an assistant with captain access after your done said jobs. its a fun job once you do the tedious tasks.

if your worried about promotions / demotions, then think of it like this:

HoP > QM > Cargo Tech

CE > Engineer > Atmos Tech

CMO > Medical Doctor > Chemist > Geneticist

RD > Scientist > Robotocist

HoS > Warden > Security Officer

Note: Due to the installment of ESO, the ESO can dictate who should become what in the case of security, so the last can be disregarded if that happens.

Basically, if HoP gets demoted, and there is a competent QM, he becomes the new HoP. If there is no QM, or a competent QM, a cargo tech takes the job. If all else fails, just give the job to someone you trust and/or believe can do the job.

Same goes for all the other charts.

and thats the guide to being a captain. and its freaking easy. enjoy.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.