What is the limitation of a Field Generator?

• I was thinking of a couple extra designs and was wondering if anyone knew of any limitations to a Field generator, I.E. how far can they be spaced before failing, if they do, and if a prop, such as a wall or window, is within its area of effect, will it get destroyed by the field?

• I was thinking of a couple extra designs and was wondering if anyone knew of any limitations to a Field generator, I.E. how far can they be spaced before failing, if they do, and if a prop, such as a wall or window, is within its area of effect, will it get destroyed by the field?

• I never tried on range but if anything is inbetween like a wall (but not a window) it will not connect.

• You can try it with the spare ones in secure storage.

• someone will have to look into the code for it an see there a range limit.

• There is and its under ten.

• @DR.:

There is and its under ten.

Since I was out of internet for a while and had nothing better to do, I ran a lan server on the latest availible /tg/ station code. The generators will connect to each other at a maximum length of what seems to be 11 tiles, counting the spaces the generators occupy themselves.

Also, the entire setup of the field generators will draw power from all the field generators connected to them, I.E if you had two emitters set up on the same Feild generator, you may be able to run about 4 generators without any additional emitters in place. However the generators also seem to act as a capacitor, and draw a bit more energy than normal if something comes into contact with the feild, which could cause it to shut off prematurely if say, a bunch of assistants mobbed the place and threw themselves at the containment.

• @LoneSoldier55:

Since I was out of internet for a while and had nothing better to do, I ran a lan server on the latest availible /tg/ station code. The generators will connect to each other at a maximum length of what seems to be 11 tiles, counting the spaces the generators occupy themselves.

Also, the entire setup of the field generators will draw power from all the field generators connected to them, I.E if you had two emitters set up on the same Feild generator, you may be able to run about 4 generators without any additional emitters in place. However the generators also seem to act as a capacitor, and draw a bit more energy than normal if something comes into contact with the feild, which could cause it to shut off prematurely if say, a bunch of assistants mobbed the place and threw themselves at the containment.

throw yourself at it for 2-3 times at a good amount of power and its an insta crit, just saying.

• @Swagile:

throw yourself at it for 2-3 times at a good amount of power and its an insta crit, just saying.

Yeah, I know. But if a sizeable number of people got together and did so it might disrupt the energy long enough to turn it off.

• leaving them half to death with an angry mob of engineers with stun gloves and industrial weilding tools.

i know what your saying, but whoever trys this tactic better be ready to be robust as fuck at low HP against hardsuiters with all sorts of fun toys.

• @Swagile:

leaving them half to death with an angry mob of engineers with stun gloves and industrial weilding tools.

i know what your saying, but whoever trys this tactic better be ready to be robust as fuck at low HP against hardsuiters with all sorts of fun toys.

The greay tied will come and overtake engineering for its toolbelts and gloves.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.